Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,091 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everyone post your approx location, and when you get power back. Last unlucky man standing wins. I'm in Ravensway, and think I have this one locked.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Thread title gave me some ideas.
lb sand
AG
If I didn't see some lineman in trucks with Tennessee plates on my block, I would jump in the pool.
Hopefully we both get power soon.

Eta w sbisd
bullard21k
AG
77024 off Gaylord.

Haven't seen a single truck anywhere near our location since Thursday.
terradactylexpress
Nottingham, my guess is memorial day
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Nottingham doesn't celebrate holidays anyway
wessimo
AG
I'm out! / Kramer
bullard21k
AG
I'm also out. Got power just now
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
bullard21k said:

77024 off Gaylord.

In-laws are near Bunker Hill/Taylorcrest and it looks like there are three overhead lines down on either side of them. One off Strey, one off Taylorcrest near Echo, and one off Piney Point near I-10. Their generac just crapped out this afternoon as well…. Gonna be a long week
WestHoustonAg79
RulesForTheeNotForMe said:

bullard21k said:

77024 off Gaylord.

In-laws are near Bunker Hill/Taylorcrest and it looks like there are three overhead lines down on either side of them. One off Strey, one off Taylorcrest near Echo, and one off Piney Point near I-10. Their generac just crapped out this afternoon as well…. Gonna be a long week

My mom is a little further east. Villages is going to be hit or miss all week unfortunately I think. Our area just got lit about 7-8 pm last night just outside BW8
Jack Klompus
AG
Longwood. 77429. Estimate is Wednesday by Centerpoint.
Bockaneer
AG
Longwood as well although truth be told would love to lose this pool.
cryption
Clay and Gessner general area in Spring Branch. we had power but it went out and now text from centerpoint says Wednesday
cr0wbar
AG
Hey man - it's okay to be without power. Talk to someone - you are loved
CDUB98
AG
Oak Forest, 77018
CDUB98
AG
Bockaneer said:

Longwood as well although truth be told would love to lose this pool.
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'll be the winner.
CowtownAg06
AG
024 but just south of the villages. We're going to be a minute. Multiple lines down everywhere. There is a large tree on Memorial between Durrette and Wink that took out a brick wall and all the lines. I'm guess we are waiting on that one for a bit.
randy828
AG
We went three weeks without power after Ike in 2008. Only three hours for this storm and we were right in the line next to Jersey Village.

Makes no sense, but I am very glad.
jetch17
AG
randy828 said:

We went three weeks without power after Ike in 2008. Only three hours for this storm and we were right in the line next to Jersey Village.

Makes no sense, but I am very glad.
yep. happy to be in the little spot of power when everyone else has been out. Sounds like JV proper got some back last night.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I'm in. Near Rice Village. Centerpoint map shows we are restored. Most of the neighborhood was last night, but we have a tree on our particular distribution line that affects maybe 15 homes. I think we'll be last as they try to get bigger chunks online.
BusterAg
AG
So, hanging out at my neighbors house a few doors down since they have power. I still dont.

About 30 power repair trucks parked in a parking lot 4 blocks away from me doing nothing for the last three hours.

I know that these types of things are a logistical nightmare, but this is frustrating.
CDUB98
AG
I may lose after all. Wife just left house and told me some CP trucks pulled up in front of the neighbor's house to start assessing. Good to know we are at least on the radar.
Bockaneer
AG
Wife says looks like some vegetation crews finally deployed in Longwood as well
RO519
AG
Longwood section 1. We holding strong on the generator still.
Jack Klompus
AG
Longwood Section 2. We gave up on the generator last night when we saw new estimate is Wednesday.
htxag09
AG
Oak Forest, section 1, was preparing for a week plus, but we got power back Friday. Internet/cable came back last night but went out again after about an hour. Per the camera notification, looks like we're back online as of about noon today.

I have a rental in Cottage Grove/Rice Military. They got power back about an hour ago.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
They are definitely working on the main issue at 99 and West road area. There were about 50 trucks there when I drove by this morning.
TX04Aggie
AG
Im intrigued by the trigen/trifuel generators…
RO519
AG
We had an interlock wired into our panel last year, so our house is mostly functional. Generator isn't big enough to run the AC units, but we have a small window unit for our master.

It sounds like Center Point is finally in the neighborhood today based off the facebook posts, so that is a good thing.
RO519
AG
TX04Aggie said:

You lose a about 1/4 of the running wattage of the generator when running on LNG or propane. But certainly a nice alternate to the gas can shuffle I have been playing this weekend.
Dr. Venkman
AG
RO519 said:

TX04Aggie said:

You lose a about 1/4 of the running wattage of the generator when running on LNG or propane. But certainly a nice alternate to the gas can shuffle I have been playing this weekend.
yah, mine is 7500W on gasoline and 5500W on natural gas. I have to decide between the comfort of A/C or the comfort of not having to go to the gas station twice a day. We chose A/C.
Bockaneer
AG
Sxn 4 - finally fired up a gen last night to run some fans… can't believe I spent 3 years in non-air dorms at A&M but a fan makes it tolerable
RO519
AG
Seems like an easy choice!
SchizoAg
AG
Dr. Venkman said:

RO519 said:

TX04Aggie said:

yah, mine is 7500W on gasoline and 5500W on natural gas. I have to decide between the comfort of A/C or the comfort of not having to go to the gas station twice a day. We chose A/C.
You need more gas cans.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Just saw on the news they're saying that if the equipment on your house is damaged, you are responsible for getting a licensed electrician to repair before power can be restored to the house. Might explain why some houses are still out while their neighbors are on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.