Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,945 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, it is not. Not sure the service will be any better though.
LeftyAg89
AG
MyMamaSaid said:

Good!!

CNP just now: CNP just now: We expect to have an additional 400,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Friday, July 12 and an additional 350,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Sunday, July 14.

That would leave about 450k customers, or 15% of total base, without power 7 days after the storm.

I'm thinking the last 15% is a layup for me right now. 77007 - Rice Military.

77386 will be in the final 2%

texasaggie2015
AG
It's getting ridiculous man
Fairview
AG
TarponChaser
RynoAg said:

I'm out!

We're a couple neighborhoods south on WLH (77044) and just got power back around 7. Hope that means good things for your hood!
Pretty sure all of Summerwood & Stillwater have power now. Lakewood Pines on the lake side does too. Lakeshore south of the bayou seems to have probably tomorrow then.
The D
AG
MyMamaSaid said:

Good!!

CNP just now: CNP just now: We expect to have an additional 400,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Friday, July 12 and an additional 350,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Sunday, July 14.

That would leave about 450k customers, or 15% of total base, without power 7 days after the storm.

I'm thinking the last 15% is a layup for me right now. 77007 - Rice Military.

That's me too. I'm afraid it's going to be the weekend
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

RynoAg said:

I'm out!

We're a couple neighborhoods south on WLH (77044) and just got power back around 7. Hope that means good things for your hood!
Pretty sure all of Summerwood & Stillwater have power now. Lakewood Pines on the lake side does too. Lakeshore south of the bayou seems to have probably tomorrow then.

My parents are just north of you in Water's Edge and I'm off Will Clayton east of WLH. Fingers crossed tomorrow is the day.
kelkel25
Screw it, I'm in. Maybe this works as a reverse jinx. 77379 here, Gleannloch Farms. Still in the dark and things are beginning to get a little salty. One baby 2500 kw John Deere old school gen that is like a one month old, needs to be fed every 2.5 hours running a box fan and the fridge.
Some gas around but it's spotty.
K Bo
AG
77018, Oak Forest sec 6 still in the dark and have no expectations for Centerpoint to do anything any time soon. I have seen zero trucks working in the neighborhood. I see them driving around or parked somewhere eating lunch/staged. F those clowns (Centerpoint, not the linemen). My in-laws in Friendswood have power and as soon as I'm done with work tomorrow we're bugging out for the weekend.
barnacle bob
AG
77043 checking in.
Preparing for several more days, not looking good over here.
TXAG 05
AG
K Bo said:

77018, Oak Forest sec 6 still in the dark and have no expectations for Centerpoint to do anything any time soon. I have seen zero trucks working in the neighborhood. I see them driving around or parked somewhere eating lunch/staged. F those clowns (Centerpoint, not the linemen). My in-laws in Friendswood have power and as soon as I'm done with work tomorrow we're bugging out for the weekend.

77018 too, in SPP. Haven't seen one truck. Supposedly some streets have their power back, and a lot of Oak Forest has been restored, but I'm not hopeful. Although after the derecho there were poles and lines down all over the place and just not seeing that this time.
K Bo
AG
Just got in from a run and there was a surprising number of blocks with power though OF and Candlelight Park. These linemen must be ninjas.
Travelag08
Alright - day 4! Let's see who gets their power back today!(pick me please)
CDUB98
AG
Not it.
dBoy99
AG
No power at home, Briar Grove Park - 77042.

No power st office, Oak Forest - 77092

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
BaileyAg
AG
Cinco here. Still nothing but my Cinco office is running so i guess that's something.

Had an elderly neighbor pass away yesterday. He lived with his daughter and grandson and had just been diagnosed with dementia. I'm sure the stress of the heat didn't help
AgInSingapore
AG
77043 Nob Hill power back on this morning, fingers crossed for everyone else.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Checking in... Still no power for us, but one half of my subdivision (Bay Pointe) has power. Fortunately, I have not had a difficult time finding petrol or propane, and as the area continues to get electricity, I'm hoping the demand for generator fuel drops.

Actually, my real hope is I get electricity back, and I can prep the generator for storage until the next storm.

The rain chances today don't have me particularly optimistic that the power guys will get a lot done.
texasaggie2015
AG
77386. Nothing.
CW Griswold
77043 - Got it back about an hour and a half ago
Galveston Skeeter
AG
77586 nada since monday at 0530. Had to take kids and dogs to the office to cool them off.
combat wombat™
AG
Still out in 77355.
HtownAg92
AG
Still out in Bellaire.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
TXTransplant
Still out in 77389. BF said he saw trucks on the road with the down lines when he left my house after changing my propane tank.
kelkel25
Still out 77379 guess the reverse jinx didn't work. I'm winning this thing lol
Also the Bucees in Waller was as slow as I've ever seen it at 0530 this morning.
OCEN99
AG
Same here. My wife said it seems like cellular reception is better this morning than the last few days, so hopefully that indicates some progress in the area. Of course we are the grand champion of zip code outage count per that Centerpoint map, so who knows?
htxag09
AG
Happy to lose this one….back on in 77018
kelkel25
I'm in Gleannloch which isn't too bad but we drove thru Memorial NW yday and it's an absolute nightmare they will be last for sure. Saw several lines in streets.
TXTransplant
KHOU Video about the situation at the various staging areas. Sorry the post doesn't embed.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9SUNIRRYMy/?igsh=MWRiaWd3bzk5cmtrbQ==
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Still out 77007 cottage grove.
OCEN99
AG
Terranova West here. There were quite a few big trees down around us, but the only line I remember seeing down was over by the CVS at Cypresswood & Kuykendahl.
CDUB98
AG
htxag09 said:

Happy to lose this one….back on in 77018
Unlike this guy, my one block in 77018 is still down and out due to trees knocking down lines and one still being on the lines.
Wiggletrace
AG
Still out in Meyerland.

Did some reconnaissance after looking at several of the circuits that are out on our side of town. There is a substation just south of Brays Bayou at S. Braeswood and Greenwillow St that seems to be the cause for a lot of the outages in the Meyerland, Westbury, Maplewood, Willow Meadows area.

There weren't any downed transmission lines, but it looked like there may have been a few popped transformers. My guess is they are waiting on replacements as getting that station operational would have a large impact on number of customers restored.

Fingers crossed.
texasaggie2015
AG
TXTransplant said:

KHOU Video about the situation at the various staging areas. Sorry the post doesn't embed.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9SUNIRRYMy/?igsh=MWRiaWd3bzk5cmtrbQ==

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.