Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

55,941 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
Flying Crowbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm out! Power restored at 6:45pm. 133.75 hours total elapsed time without power.

I hope the rest of you get power back soon!
dBoy99
AG
Comcast restored. Still no electricity.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
TarponChaser
134 hours and counting. Also, CP has said 3 days in a row that we'd have power by the end of the day but didn't.
Boiling Denim
Having no color and no power on the new Centerpoint outage map is a good thing right….fml
Yesterday
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Having no color and no power on the new Centerpoint outage map is a good thing right….fml

Who knows. We have power and the map says not until the 16th.
SandmanAg
AG
Kingwood 77345 on.
wolfpack759
AG
What neighborhood are you? 77345 here and still alive.
SandmanAg
AG
KP by the fire station
Marauder Blue 6
AG
TarponChaser said:

134 hours and counting. Also, CP has said 3 days in a row that we'd have power by the end of the day but didn't.

So disappointing. Have a buddy behind Spring Creek BBQ with an ETA of Wednesday. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll have it before me.
BowSowy
AG
Forumer Student said:

77494 Katy at 127 hours no power. They brought on the whole neighborhood Wednesday minus about 40 homes they couldn't fix immediately so they put in a ticket and took off in search of higher numbers…. Our section shows energized on the map which means we've been forgotten and they'll come back at the end. Calling every few hours confirms no crew has been assigned to fix it and that is that.
Man, I feel for you. Seems like those with "nested outages" as they call them are at the very end of the line. I'd hope that as more and more of our area comes on line, they focus efforts on the nested outages here but I worry they'll move those resources elsewhere.
TC09
AG
A great crew out of Indiana tried to help us, but unfortunately still out in 77079.
dBoy99
AG
Same, multiple trucks from Kansas tried but we're still without power in Briar Grove Park.

Dr. Doctor
AG
Power came back at 432pm for 15 minutes yesterday.

Then came back on at 732pm and has been on since.

So from 54am Monday the 8th till 735pm Saturday the 13th.

133.85 hours. I'm hopefully out. Back of kingwood, sandcreek section 3. 77345.

~egon
jh0400
AG
I may get to drop out today. An army of trucks are in WB5 this morning.

dBoy99
AG
Don't get your hopes up. That was what my hood looked like yesterday morning. Arrived around 10am and left by 5pm.

Still no power.

combat wombat™
AG
The crew that got us back up was from Alabama.
BSD
AG
Meanwhile in Spring Valley, we are getting smoke blown up our asses

Quote:

Dear Spring Valley Village Residents,

CenterPoint is making good progress in the Villages.

Our CenterPoint representative said that all power should be restored in the Villages sometime Sunday. This is with the exception of a few pockets of CenterPoint customers. The crews are not going to stop working until everyonehaspower restored.

Centerpoint is aware of all the outages, downed lines and poles, and other issues. Please do not stop, or talk to the crews about these problems, because it slows down their progress.
Sincerely,

City of Spring Valley Village

I love the line " This is with the exception of a few pockets of CenterPoint customers." Since we're all energized, that line covers all the people with downed lines in our yards, which is numerous. So a few pockets with 10-20 homes adds up. **** these clowns.
jh0400
AG
I'm just here to change the oil in my generator and will be heading back to my hotel in a few hours.
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
77007 back on last night around 8 pm. Came on right after I got a call from centerpoint telling me power wouldn't be back till Wednesday.
dBoy99
AG
They're back.

Let's see if they make progress.

Wiggletrace
AG
Section 4 in Meyerland is back on. 77096

Good luck to those still waiting.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Wiggletrace said:

Section 4 in Meyerland is back on. 77096

Good luck to those still waiting.

Same for us!!! Now to shop for a generator on Prime Day.
kdub70
AG
Hoping for the reverse jinx. Still out 77018 (OF section 6) near Frank Black MS.
K Bo
AG
Also still out in section 6
CDUB98
AG
K Bo said:

Also still out in section 6

Also still out in Section 11.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
My area in 77346 has been restored. TarponChaser should be good too.
rhoswen
AG
I don't trust the numbers CP is putting out AT ALL. What I'm seeing here & comments sections on social media has me thinking it's way more than 800k.

We've been out since Monday at 630am in Baytown. We don't bother checking with CP for an estimate but neighbors said not til Wednesday. We planned for 3 days, which seemed reasonable at the time for a "weak Cat 1" but went out Friday & got a 6500 generator. Wanted a larger trifuel to run the whole house but couldn't find one anywhere within a 2 hour drive, so I think we're gonna live with what we have for this season & try again for the trifuel this fall/spring. The 6500 will run the fridge, and we alternate a portable AC, fans, & a lamp in the bedroom upstairs with a window unit & fans in the living room during the day. It's not ideal but it's way better than trying to sleep at 81. We are teachers so thankfully we don't have to work.

ETA got power back yesterday (Sun) at 6pm.
TXTransplant
Whatever CP employee is communicating with The Woodlands township told them to pass the word that all robo calls, emails, texts, or other updates on the timeline for restoration should be ignored. None of it is correct. Not sure about the map.

I know you're not in The Woodlands, but it's hard to believe those alerts are accurate for anyone.
Build It
AG
day 7 in Clear Lake. no crews in the hood the entire time. neighbor diagnosed the line issue days ago. Cant speak to a live person. He found some trucks in a parking lot and told them. Response was it wasn't on their ticket. they didnt know who/how to report it to either.

Centerpoint needs to be broken up
and sold off. lives at stake.

07ag
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

I'm out! Power restored at 6:45pm. 133.75 hours total elapsed time without power.

I hope the rest of you get power back soon!

What neighborhood are you in? exactly same time my power came back
https://ts.la/eric59704
htxag09
AG
My rental house is in 77007. CP said Tuesday, but they got back power a couple hours ago.
TarponChaser
And we're out. About 152 hours
07ag
AG
On for 20 hours, just got family fully moved back home

And it goes out again

May have ptsd after all this bs
https://ts.la/eric59704
drmwvr
AG
We are officially out of the game. Power came back on at 3:40 pm on our block in 008. CP map had us anticipating the 17th. Fingers crossed everyone that still does not have power will get it back sooner than promised like we did.
dBoy99
AG

Power restored at my house (77042) - 154.5 hours on the generator.

But I'm still in at my small business (77092).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.