Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

56,148 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
sixiron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still out in 77406 west of Pecan Grove.

My in laws in Greatwood just got restored.
dBoy99
AG
Where did you find this information?

I'd like to understand the circuits & station location better.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
TXAG 05
AG
htxag09 said:

Happy to lose this one….back on in 77018

What street? The updated map from this morning shows all of the GOOF has been assessed and assigned a crew except for SPP where I am. So if that is accurate I'm guess it will be at least this weekend before getting power back.
K Bo
AG
We're still out on Cheshire near Piney Woods. Friends on Gardenia just E of Glebe just got power back like 30min ago
drmwvr
AG
Still out in my area of 77008
Dill-Ag13
AG
Out at 77382 still
Wiggletrace
AG
I looked at the Centerpoint outage map and clicked on my neighborhood. It will highlight the entire circuit. I did that for several neighborhoods, and they all looked to tie back to a single point which was the substation.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Still out for a business in 77081.
Jack Klompus
AG
Power back on in 77429!
TXTransplant
Just checked the outage map that was supposedly updated at noon today.

It still shows my entire area as blue (assessment complete). There were sections that had power on Tuesday, and more got power sometime before 5 am this morning. Those of us without should be surrounded by a sea of green.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

It still shows my entire area as blue (assessment complete). There were sections that had power on Tuesday,
Same.

I'm guessing htx09 lives on the other side of Rosslyn from me in 77018 as it shows that area energized.

But, who knows how accurate that stupid map is anyway.
TXTransplant
It's trash. Hasn't worked since at least June of last year. That's also when Centerpoint stopped sending outage updates and estimated repair times specific to your area.
htxag09
AG
I'm in section 1, near Kinley / Althea. Shows us green but has shown us green since that map was released.

I really do think they just had to send power to us. The CP truck literally parked in front of my house, went to the back yard and checked the line, drove a few houses down and did the same, doing that down the street. Within a couple minutes we had power.
htxag09
AG
Also, just got to my in laws to help the wife pack up the kids and their stuff….

Pretty sure our house is cooler than theirs, which never lost power
Texas A&M
Still waiting in 77386.
Booma94
AG
I'm in a pocket of 40 houses in my subdivision in Brazos Town Center in Rosenberg (77471) that is without power. Every house outside of this pocket has had power since Tuesday, so I am expecting it to be a long grind because there are not even any trucks working in the area anymore.
chase128
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Power back on in 77429!
I'm in that zip and we got power back Wednesday at 7:15pm.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
Are you in Creekside village? I'm in Liberty Branch. Saw you mention 77389

And in keeping with the commiseration: FML
Psycho Bunny
77365 update, Everything West of 59 is almost fully restored with power, everything East of 59 has little to no power restored.

Glad my wife went and filled up more of the gas cans. Generator now has 70 hrs on it. Run little guy run.
TXTransplant
I Drink Your Milkshake said:

Are you in Creekside village? I'm in Liberty Branch. Saw you mention 77389

And in keeping with the commiseration: FML

Yup. Shaded Arbor. Just across Creekside Forest from you. If you back up to CF, I can prob see your roof from my backyard.
BBRex
AG
Ring just suddenly went nuts with a bunch of "power back" messages around the area in 77386 (Bender's Landing, some apartments and behind the theater), but not here. A friend in Magnolia got a message from Centerpoint saying maybe Tuesday, so I'm afraid we might be in that group.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
Do you have any inside info? I am refugeeing in DFW.

When this is all said and done, screw the generator purchase. I am buying a chainsaw and cutting down every pine tree within 3 feet of power lines on Kurkendawl.
Texas A&M
Texas A&M said:

Still waiting in 77386.
I should have posted this earlier. Power just came back on.
TXTransplant

Do you have any inside info? I am refugeeing in DFW.

When this is all said and done, screw the generator purchase. I am buying a chainsaw and cutting down every pine tree within 3 feet of power lines on Kurkendawl.

Unfortunately, no. I messaged Nancy Becker this am and she hasn't replied.

The movie theater and Refuge area has had power since Tuesday. I drove out at 5 am this morning and Havergate and everything past it to Gosling has power. I think there are some homes off Creekside Green that are still dark. As far as I know, everything on the west side of Kuykendahl has power.

There is a down line and several damaged poles on Creekside Forest right by Tupelo Park.

I bought a generator, intending to hook it directly to my nat gas and run the whole house. Didn't get it done in time, but I am using it to run my fridge using propane.

I hear you about the trees. I cannot believe someone didn't end up with one through their roof. All the ones I've seen down are in the green spaces.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
LOL, Nancy Becker, I love that old crazy bird. I **** you not I lived in the neighborhood 3 days before she stopped me and informed me that my golf cart needed to be registered and have an orange triangle. I smirked at her while reminiscing just a few days prior I had a functioning crack house on my block in the Heights. She is quintessentially Woodlands busybody.

anyways, cheers, good luck [everyone].
johncAG
AG
If you dont mind me asking, which neighborhood in 77386?
TXTransplant

LOL, Nancy Becker, I love that old crazy bird. I **** you not I lived in the neighborhood 3 days before she stopped me and informed me that my golf cart needed to be registered and have an orange triangle. I smirked at her while reminiscing just a few days prior I had a functioning crack house on my block in the Heights. She is quintessentially Woodlands busybody.

anyways, cheers, good luck [everyone].

That's a great story!

If I hear anything or power comes back, I'll post here.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Just got message from centerp saying Saturday for us in the 77565.
CDUB98
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Just got message from centerp saying Saturday for us in the 77565.
At least you got an estimate. We're still sitting at infinity.
Kuz89
AG
77354 (1488 and 2978) Centerpoint just updates with Tuesday the 16, we will see. Luckily power is back in The Woodlands so gas is easier to find for the generator.
BBRex
AG
Power just came on in my part of 77386.
TXTransplant
Nancy just messaged and said the line is repaired but she doesn't know what happens next.

I asked her to clarify.

From a friend who does power restoration:
If the lines that you sent me pics of earlier are back up, but you still don't have power, could mean one of several things:

* You're not actually served from that line

* There's other damage down-line (or up-line) from there that still needs to be worked on before re energizing the lines

* Whichever contract line crew that put the lines back up still needs to get permission from CPE to close the line switches / breaker back in. *** this may sound stupid "needs to get permission" however it's typical safety protocol to not just close in on a section of line without checks & double-checks. And it's even more important on a large storm where there are multiple companies from all over working . If someone else from another company was working on another section of that line and you energized it on them while they were still working, you could seriously hurt / kill someone.

Best way I can think to compare it to is like a lockout / tag out safety procedure in a plant?
Ags-R-Better
I think we were the last house in 77094 to get power…I'm out.
LeftyAg89
AG
Yep I was just coming on here to say a friend of ours in Harmony was back in business about 15 minutes ago.

And the front section of our subdivision just now got power as well.... but not this 77386 guy!
johncAG
AG
do you know which part of Harmony has gotten the power back? Trying to see if its ok to head back across town

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.