Houston
Sponsored by

Outage suicide pool.

56,150 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LPHA
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dBoy99 said:

Probably should call 911 to get that taken care of...

We did. We called several people. They all said to let centerpoint know (and a few of them said they would also contact centerpoint). Nothing they can do unless it catches a structure on fire.

Psycho Bunny
BSD said:

our line that feeds our block is in a neighbors tree. There are sparks and the tree is smoldering. That said, I don't expect any rush from these clowns. We'll be down a while.
Spray it with water.
dBoy99
AG
I'm kinda surprised.

When I called 911 after Derecho HFD showed up in 30 min.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
CDUB98
AG
Got an rough appointment with an electrician tomorrow morning to take a look at my weather head. At least I'll ensure that piece of the puzzle won't screw up getting power back.
TarponChaser
77044 - Lakeshore off West Lake Houston. No clue WTF is happening up here because I can't get CP maps to work. Both nearby Whataburgers are still closed per the app.

However there is power & gas nearby. Staying with friends in Summerwood (also 77044) who got power back before noon yesterday. But other parts of Summerwood are still down.

All things considered we're in decent shape. Using the generator in my truck to keep the fridges running and got plenty of gas. Been cycling them on to chill/freeze and the let it go out for a while. Biggest issue is I had to cancel a tarpon fishing trip to Florida I was supposed to leave for tomorrow because I can't/won't leave the family with this mess. At least we had no damage to the house.
Diggity
AG
Username...no longer fits
TarponChaser
Diggity said:

Username...no longer fits

I'm still chasing them. Just from a much longer distance than anticipated.
Ciboag96
Was rocking along with my whole home generator until Centerpoint decides to ****ing kill the natural gas to the block.
JamesE4
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Was rocking along with my whole home generator until Centerpoint decides to ****ing kill the natural gas to the block.
They are conserving gas for my block
htxag09
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Give a reason why? I assume a leak?
plowboy1065
S
I'm out. Power came back on to the rest of us in Villages of Cypress Lakes about 5:45
texasaggie2015
AG
Still nothing at 77386. Told it won't be any time soon.
Bockaneer
AG
Still in - Longwood in Cypress. Lights flickered about an hour ago but nothing since.
3rdGenAg05
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Still nothing at 77386. Told it won't be any time soon.

Where are you hearing that from?
CDUB98
AG
Neighbor two doors down has a tree laying on the main power lines. She got the hell put of town before the storm and hasn't been back, so nobody is touching the tree.

My block is going to be near the end.
htxag09
AG
CDUB98 said:

Neighbor two doors down has a tree laying on the main power lines. She got the hell put of town before the storm and hasn't been back, so nobody is touching the tree.

I knew we lived in the same hood but you may live a street away from me…
texasaggie2015
AG
Neighbor said she has CenterPoint contacts.

(Grain of salt, I know)
BBRex
AG
I saw trucks near my street in Harmony and got excited. They're gone now. Someone on the neighborhood page said they talked to a lineman who said they still need to take care of some trees on lines, and they thought power would be back Friday, but maybe sooner.
CDUB98
AG
htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

I knew we lived in the same hood but you may live a street away from me…

STOCKER ALERT!!
CDUB98
LeftyAg89
AG
another +1 still in the pool for 77386

Our neighbors said screw this and just took off for Great Wolf Lodge!
CDUB98
AG
My next door neighbor whose tree started my misery said the neighbor behind him is all over CP like white on rice cause he's leaving town for a month and wants his family to have power.

I hope he's still fighting.
CDUB98
AG
If you saw four idiots getting drunk the previous two nights out in the driveway or yard, I was one of them.
BBRex
AG
Someone on Ring says 77385 has power, for what it's worth.
htxag09
AG
combat wombat™
AG
We are still without power and my Generac is coughing like an old smoker first thing in the morning.

Called our generator service company and
It's crickets from them. Of course.
Bert315
AG
Power back in 77450
A is A
AG
77345 Sand Creek with power.

I will say my neighbor across the street on my cul de sac is still without so not all SC
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I think i tolerated the Ike outage better because I was at least able to find a liquor store open to keep myself sort of numb to the heat and sleep a little better.

Also had all the tree work to keep myself a little more occupied. It's just so dead around my current neighborhood that I'd have to drive further to look for something open.

I'd settle for Walgreens wine right now.
CDUB98
AG
combat wombat said:

We are still without power and my Generac is coughing like an old smoker first thing in the morning.

Called our generator service company and
It's crickets from them. Of course.

Please tell me it's not Generator Supercenter.
CDUB98
AG
Me and the previously mentioned three idiots pretty much drank me dry.
TXTransplant
I'm in 77389. Started up my generator today on propane because I was so desperate for refrigeration after the neighbor's whole house gen sh/t the bed and I had to take my stuff out of her fridge.

I can confirm that my generator is not of the magic variety, as my power is still out.

Movie theater and restaurants that I can walk to from my house have had power since yesterday, but I already knew they are on a different circuit/grid/whatever.

Not sure what I win from this pool, but I'm in anyway.

David_Puddy
AG
Officially out of the pool @ 745 in 77007
MyMamaSaid
AG
Good!!

CNP just now: CNP just now: We expect to have an additional 400,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Friday, July 12 and an additional 350,000 customers restored by the end of the day on Sunday, July 14.

That would leave about 450k customers, or 15% of total base, without power 7 days after the storm.

I'm thinking the last 15% is a layup for me right now. 77007 - Rice Military.
RynoAg
AG
I'm out!

We're a couple neighborhoods south on WLH (77044) and just got power back around 7. Hope that means good things for your hood!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.