Houston
Sponsored by

2023 DisAstros Thread

132,370 Views | 1335 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Mr. McGibblets
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or….

The city finally gets revenge on the universe and mounts a Buffalo Bills-type comeback while the Rangers implode.

It could happen.
BQRyno
AG
IDaggie06 said:

Dusty not intentionally walking Garcia with runners on second & third with one out, down by four has to be one the dumbest decisions I have ever seen in baseball.

You must be new here
jetch17
AG
It's been a hell of a ride this year. I've tried to keep her going as long as we could and it was a good run.

Gonna take a break for a while - look forward to next season

Booma94
AG
Abreu should go ahead and withdraw his appeal and sit the 1st two WS games. Just get it over with.
GoAgs92
AG
On the bright side I'll have more time to watch football.
Serotonin
AG
Not nailing Adolis at some point after his early showboating will go down as the second lamest aspect of this game for me.
schmendeler
AG
It would have been satisfying to bring in Abreu just to hit him again.
Echoes97
AG
I just can't, no f'ing explanation
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Cromagnum
AG
Echoes97 said:

Need to demolish everything to the right of the homerun pump to right field and start over. I'm tired of hearing about the batters eye.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Need to isolated them the entire season. Apparently being horny makes them mad and focused.
schmendeler
AG
The Wonderer
AG
Ok, who's next?
digging tunnels
AG
Good fkn riddance!
Aggie09Derek
AG
dahouse said:

I keep hearing how good Alvarez is in the playoffs. I've watched 3 games and haven't seen him get a hit
12th Man Ag
AG
Joe Espada today and let's go!
randy828
AG
randy828 said:

Just one Astros, just one at home. You can do it!!!

Damnit! Bring it on next year!
MAS444
AG
Man - what a beat down. Energy was great in Minute Maid early - but unfortunately we were what we've been all season. Rangers were just better. As a lifelong 40+ year fan and someone who used to listen to the Astros on the radio every night as a kid in the 80s (didn't get them on tv in my hometown), I sure hope this isn't the end of an era. It kind of feels like it unfortunately.
StillNotAnAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CyuQ2NCAP-W
https://instagr.am/p/CyxrW6COuwI
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

lifelong 40+++ year
Edited for accuracy.
Chewy
AG
MAS444 said:

Man - what a beat down. Energy was great in Minute Maid early - but unfortunately we were what we've been all season. Rangers were just better. As a lifelong 40+ year fan and someone who used to listen to the Astros on the radio every night as a kid in the 80s (didn't get them on tv in my hometown), I sure hope this isn't the end of an era. It kind of feels like it unfortunately.
I've felt this way since I walked out of Minute Maid after Game 7 of the World Series in 2019.

Yet somehow we just pushed to Game 7 of our 7th consecutive ALCS and won it all last year. Somehow we keep on winning.

I actually have a little more hope for next season with a new manager and maybe getting one of Luis or LMJ back along with having Verlander.

I think Uncle Mike is done so we need to get an actual center fielder and push Chas to left full time.

It's not easy but we have the core to push for the playoffs again and experience does matter. Which we have in spades.
Diggity
AG
how many days until we find out Tucker was playing with a torn pectoral, or something similar?

Seems to always be the case after situations like this.
schmendeler
AG
Ugh. And won't be back till July or some BS too probably.
scd88
AG
Thank you, jetch, for another year of this thread.
jetch17
Cromagnum
AG
Diggity said:

how many days until we find out Tucker was playing with a torn pectoral, or something similar?

Seems to always be the case after situations like this.

Torn vag more likely. He completely quit when he didn't get his 30-30. I'm over him.
Diggity
AG
*****..that's a longer recovery than a pectoral
MAS444
AG
I was guessing he got dumped or something. Torn vag thus seems likely unfortunately. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Chewy
AG
LOL
Dimebag Darrell
Cromagnum said:

Echoes97 said:

Need to demolish everything to the right of the homerun pump to right field and start over. I'm tired of hearing about the batters eye.

Wouldn't that affect opposing players just as much if not more if that was a real thing? I say we demolish the ballpark and create an exact replica of Globe Life Field.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I don't know; sounds like we finally found the reason the Dome was never torn down! Time to refurbish and move back in.
Dimebag Darrell
98Ag99Grad said:

I don't know; sounds like we finally found the reason the Dome was never torn down! Time to refurbish and move back in.
If we could recreate that exact look, the feeling and smell, and give some type of historic exemption to allow indoor smoking, I would be ALL IN.

Oh, and this...

mnetop
AG
scd88 said:

Thank you, jetch, for another year of this thread.
Star that and want to also say Thank you! One of my favorite threads in Texags!
Chewy
AG
My two greatest disappointments from the last two games:

1) Altuve's heroic homer in Game 5 is all for not. I was hoping that would last as a yet another monumental homer for the greatest Astro ever. It's still up there but won't carry the same weight since we didn't win the pennant.
2) I now rely on Jimbo Fisher to bring me sports joy until next April.

Obviously the second one pains and frightens me the most.
Diggity
AG
Chewy said:

My two greatest disappointments from the last two games:

1) Altuve's heroic homer in Game 5 is all for not. I was hoping that would last as a yet another monumental homer for the greatest Astro ever. It's still up there but won't carry the same weight since we didn't win the pennant.
2) I now rely on Jimbo Fisher to bring me sports joy until next April.

Obviously the second one pains and frightens me the most.
may I suggest meth?
schmendeler
AG
Aggie basketball is ranked. And the baseball team can always be good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.