Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,266 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just glad they finally gave "stable condition." Didn't know what "3 officers shot at" meant.
Ag_07
AG
It's literally gotten out of control around this city.

It's GTA level stuff were seeing nowadays.
beerag04
AG
My co-worker lives in the buildings on the right of the frame. I was chatting with her when this started and she understandably freaked out.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
So...He was a good boy?

So frustrating, all these good kids being arrested for murder.
agproducer
AG
Injuries are non-life threatening, per 13. Suspect is identified.
MAROON
AG
TJaggie14 said:

Keegan99 said:

Those town homes go from around $500K. Imagine paying that kind of money to have a shoot out on your front lawn on a Thursday afternoon.

McGowen on the east side of 59, south of I45. They should expect to have a shoot out on their street. That's the 3rd ward and why those condos only cost $500k.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Keegan99
AG
Gentrification ain't for the timid.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Sea Speed said:

Thread needs a title change to

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

Maybe we should start a 2022 thread. This is going to be 1000 pages by the end of this year.
MAROON
AG
agproducer said:

"In a tweet, Andy Kahan with Houston Crime Stoppers wrote that the suspect was wanted for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and unlawfully carrying a weapon with a felony conviction. Sources tell KPRC 2 that the suspect is Roland Caballero.
agproducer
AG
Suspect is holed up in the 5th ward. Apparently, he has a gun shot wound to the neck.
MarathonAg12
He's entered the danger zone of wards
Ag_07
AG
agproducer said:

Suspect is holed up in the 5th ward. Apparently, he has a gun shot wound to the neck.

Put eyes on the hideout and just let him bleed out
MAROON
AG
agproducer said:

Great! Hope he bleeds out and saves the tax payers the cost of incarceration.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Thread needs a title change to

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

There should be a new thread
agproducer
AG
Officers look like they are waiting him out.
agproducer
AG
Dude has a lengthy criminal history.
maroon barchetta
MAROON said:

agproducer said:

"In a tweet, Andy Kahan with Houston Crime Stoppers wrote that the suspect was wanted for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and unlawfully carrying a weapon with a felony conviction. Sources tell KPRC 2 that the suspect is Roland Caballero.

But felons can't have weapons!!!!! [/Libs]
MAROON
AG
can anyone do a search to see if Roland Caballero is out on bond?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ag_07 said:

agproducer said:

Put eyes on the hideout and just let him bleed out
Exactly. 13 keeps saying the officers have gotten calm outside....wonder why.
htxag09
AG
maroon barchetta said:

MAROON said:

agproducer said:

But felons can't have weapons!!!!! [/Libs]
Nah. They'll ignore that fact and say guns should be illegal altogether and think felons will follow those laws.
Boo Weekley
Texicurean said:

Who the hell was sitting in their parked car just filming that?

Got Damn!

When is HPD and HCSO going to start going all out ala 1970's HPD?
1980's LAPD would be a breath of fresh air

agproducer
AG
2 is reporting the suspect has 3 previous felony convictions and 2 warrants.
Boo Weekley
MAROON said:

agproducer said:

Yep, full auto made me think there might be cartel links. Brothers aren't usually rollin around with full auto rifles.
agproducer
AG
2 is showing police are bringing in a SWAT tank. It's like a bobcat with a shield.
Boo Weekley
agproducer said:

2 is reporting the suspect has 3 previous felony convictions and 2 warrants.
Imagine how much scarier it must be to conduct routine traffic stops and pull over felons who have been released by limp wristed commie libs. Dudes who belong in jail and will do anything, including making your wife a widow and your children b@stards without thinking twice, to stay out of jail. If 2 outstanding warrants, I may just not pull him over if I want to live to see another day. Or call for the cavalry.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Modified handgun is what Oberg was talking about on 13.
agproducer
AG
13 went to world news. 2 is staying in local. I think that is a big misstep for 13.
Anti-taxxer
AG
13 was pushing the gun control angle HARD.

Nothing to do with all the felons out with no bond. But whatever.
htxag09
AG
Eh, didn't seem that way when I was watching. They made a point to say these trigger adaptors are illegal, they're coming into our country illegally, and bought and sold illegally
Anti-taxxer
AG
This must have been a different segment, or I was only half listening, which is possible.

Oberg was talking about the illegally obtained weapons and gun violence being up x% this year.
Keegan99
AG
htxag09 said:

Eh, didn't seem that way when I was watching. They made a point to say these trigger adaptors are illegal, they're coming into our country illegally, and bought and sold illegally

They could be bought on Amazon! Arrest Jeff Bezos for illegal arms trafficking!
htxag09
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

This must have been a different segment, or I was only half listening, which is possible.

Oberg was talking about the illegally obtained weapons and gun violence being up x% this year.

And this is a fact I think we'd all agree with. Doesn't mean he was pushing gun control.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

13 was pushing the gun control angle HARD.

Nothing to do with all the felons out with no bond. But whatever.
Yeah, agree. To be fair, I think Oberg was straight forward and informative in explaining that there's a big difference between the modifications and what's carried by legal owners and legal gunshops.
Boo Weekley
htxag09 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

And this is a fact I think we'd all agree with. Doesn't mean he was pushing gun control.

Yeah but they've always been mostly illegally obtained guns. These are hardened criminals and felons we are talking about, they're not buying pistols from academy or Carter's Country. Seems like this has always been the case.
htxag09
AG
Boo Weekley said:

htxag09 said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Yeah but they've always been mostly illegally obtained guns. These are hardened criminals and felons we are talking about, they're not buying pistols from academy or Carter's Country. Seems like this has always been the case.

Agreed. And oberg said exactly that. Paraphrasing as I was working and had it going on the computer, but he said "this isn't a debate for gun control, these are already illegal, they're being brought into the country illegally, they're not sold in gun shops."

I don't think gun control would help here. I'm not for any kind of gun control. I have zero doubt politicians will use this for gun control, they already are. Just saying that channel 13s broadcast of this as it was happening wasn't pushing gun control.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.