Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,307 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

Damn, Dora and Co got roasted

Prolly cause that dude is racist. #wetfart
Al Bula
AG
Me watching that CC meeting on my computer

maroon barchetta
And there it is from the attorney. He might be right but we knew he would lead with this.

https://abc13.com/ryan-smith-man-accused-of-killing-father-ralph-manginello-chase-memorial-park/11512518/
Boo Weekley
maroon barchetta said:

And there it is from the attorney. He might be right but we knew he would lead with this.

https://abc13.com/ryan-smith-man-accused-of-killing-father-ralph-manginello-chase-memorial-park/11512518/
I think it's pretty clear from the nature of the crime(s) he almost certainly has mental health issues. Prob schizophrenia. Maybe a couple disorders. Shouldn't matter...you murder, you should be done...clinically insane or not.
MAS444
AG
FWIW ...Ralph is a long time family friend and won't be representing him in the probable murder case. Just saying that's not typical criminal defense lawyer talk - it's genuine close family friend (and really close to the deceased) talk. Not that the message would be different otherwise. Just had to speak up for my boy.
Al Bula
AG
https://abc13.com/ryan-mitchell-smith-houston-tx-k9-stabbing-man-charged-fathers-murder-carolcrest-drive/11514012/

Damn. Killed his dad with a dumbbell.

Seriously heavy stuff.
maroon barchetta
MAS444 said:

FWIW ...Ralph is a long time family friend and won't be representing him in the probable murder case. Just saying that's not typical criminal defense lawyer talk - it's genuine close family friend (and really close to the deceased) talk. Not that the message would be different otherwise. Just had to speak up for my boy.

Understood. Appreciate the info.
sts7049
AG
he definitely went rogue
P.H. Dexippus
AG
MAS444 said:

That seems to contradict his statement in the news report that law enforcement violated the suspect's Miranda/5th Amend rights by talking with him without counsel present.
. . .
sts7049 said:

WTF is going on with this trend? unbelievable.

Quote:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/26/man-shot-on-katy-freeway-after-pulling-gun-out-on-driver-during-minor-car-accident-police-say/

An armed man was shot by his own gun while attempting to rob a driver on the Katy Freeway Wednesday, police said.

Initial reports from Hedwig Village police stated that two drivers were involved in a minor traffic accident in the 8800 block of I-10. They said one driver pulled out a gun on another driver and ended up getting shot by his own gun.

As of Thursday, police clarified that the armed man, identified as Carlos Marquez, 29, was actually trying to rob the other driver, according to witnesses.

Marquez allegedly fired two shots at the victim and, when the victim fought back, the suspect fired a third shot, which caused injury to his own head. Several witnesses wrestled with Marquez until officers arrived at the scene.

Marquez was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in stable condition.

Investigators said the handgun Marquez had in his possession was stolen out of Houston. He has since been charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. A mugshot photo of the suspect has not been released.

It was also discovered that Marquez was out on bond from Donley County, Texas for aggravated assault on a peace officer and evading arrest.
maroon barchetta
Escape From New York

Welcome to modern times in the greatest country on Earth.

Sounds like the driver that was being robbed needs to work on his grouping
Boo Weekley
Does this mean it just cost $5k to get him out? Crazy if so, after car jacking and stabbing a K-9. I guess the soft approach on crime applies to privileged white kids too?

Quote:

A couple hours later Smith was arrested, charged with robbing two people, stabbing a Houston police K-9, and evading arrest. A family member paid his $50,000 bond.
Boo Weekley
Easy, Rod said:

https://abc13.com/ryan-mitchell-smith-houston-tx-k9-stabbing-man-charged-fathers-murder-carolcrest-drive/11514012/

Seriously heavy stuff.

Surely it had to be in his sleep right?

I still can't get over that Cam was in our house shooting the sh** just over a week ago. It was my first time meeting him but I remember thinking "would be cool if this guy was my neighbor"...then I find out he's my buddy's brother. Crazy thing is when he mentioned his sons, he seemed to be proud, but I guess if one of his sons was struggling he'd only mention it to close friends or family.

If yall are praying people, pray for his brother Mike, he could use it right now. Obviously not handling it well.
maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
I would freaking lose it if this happened to my brother.

Can't even imagine.
MAS444
AG
Quote:

That seems to contradict his statement in the news report that law enforcement violated the suspect's Miranda/5th Amend rights by talking with him without counsel present.
No.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Does this mean it just cost $5k to get him out? Crazy if so, after car jacking and stabbing a K-9. I guess the soft approach on crime applies to privileged white kids too?

Quote:

A couple hours later Smith was arrested, charged with robbing two people, stabbing a Houston police K-9, and evading arrest. A family member paid his $50,000 bond.

yup. wtf
wessimo
AG
. . . said:

sts7049 said:

WTF is going on with this trend? unbelievable.

Quote:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/26/man-shot-on-katy-freeway-after-pulling-gun-out-on-driver-during-minor-car-accident-police-say/

An armed man was shot by his own gun while attempting to rob a driver on the Katy Freeway Wednesday, police said.

Initial reports from Hedwig Village police stated that two drivers were involved in a minor traffic accident in the 8800 block of I-10. They said one driver pulled out a gun on another driver and ended up getting shot by his own gun.

As of Thursday, police clarified that the armed man, identified as Carlos Marquez, 29, was actually trying to rob the other driver, according to witnesses.

Marquez allegedly fired two shots at the victim and, when the victim fought back, the suspect fired a third shot, which caused injury to his own head. Several witnesses wrestled with Marquez until officers arrived at the scene.

Marquez was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in stable condition.

Investigators said the handgun Marquez had in his possession was stolen out of Houston. He has since been charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. A mugshot photo of the suspect has not been released.

It was also discovered that Marquez was out on bond from Donley County, Texas for aggravated assault on a peace officer and evading arrest.

He'll bond out again as soon as he is discharged.
txags92
AG
Quote:

Investigators said the handgun Marquez had in his possession was stolen out of Houston.

And this is why we don't leave unsecured guns in our cars overnight. They don't all end up at the pawn shop.
spadilly
S
lunchbox
Ugh. No word on condition of the officers.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Welcome to Houston. Where we just murder you in broad daylight now.

*******Trigger Warning If You Click Play Below*******

For context from ABC13

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-man-shot-and-killed-290-shooting-northwest-freeway/11484571/
maroon barchetta
W
T
F

That's the case up on 290 recently?
sts7049
AG
cmon man, don't need to be posting straight up death vids
Marvin_Zindler
AG
sts7049 said:

cmon man, don't need to be posting straight up death vids
Did you not read the bold italics in my friggin' post?
Keegan99
AG
Robert C. Christian
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Easy, Rod said:

Seriously heavy stuff.

Surely it had to be in his sleep right?

I still can't get over that Cam was in our house shooting the sh** just over a week ago. It was my first time meeting him but I remember thinking "would be cool if this guy was my neighbor"...then I find out he's my buddy's brother. Crazy thing is when he mentioned his sons, he seemed to be proud, but I guess if one of his sons was struggling he'd only mention it to close friends or family.

If yall are praying people, pray for his brother Mike, he could use it right now. Obviously not handling it well.

I dont think so. Report said his body was found in the garage.
maroon barchetta
Yeah, but the body was evidently hard to find.

Maybe he did it and then moved the body to the garage? Tried to cover it up?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Unfortunately I think your scenario is best case for the dad. Hopefully that is what happened.
Al Bula
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Welcome to Houston. Where we just murder you in broad daylight now.

*******Trigger Warning If You Click Play Below*******

For context from ABC13

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-man-shot-and-killed-290-shooting-northwest-freeway/11484571/
Paper plates LOL
maroon barchetta
But the family of Mims wants you to know that Mims felt in fear for his life and his daughter's life because the teenager who threatened him, who he knew worked at the Whataburger he visited, and knew there was an existing feud with the brother, that teenager took his shirt off and wanted to fight.

So "we condemn what he did" but "see, he was scared for his life so it's ok".

The brother that shot back needs more time at the range.
Ciboag96
More police officers shot. Prayers.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-police-officers-shot-mcgowen-street/285-b5490ebf-1184-4a8f-bb30-a0128e31e1ff
Diggity
AG
Keegan99 said:

I don't get why the 13 reporter even bothers telling the "shooters side of the story".

so you guys got into a shouting match, the victim is unarmed, and you shoot him point blank, then unload your clip. Totally reasonable defense.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Lol at the suspect's family statement. He may have straight up murdered the guy, but he had a prior beef with the brother of the deceased and was punched first. He's a loving father.
maroon barchetta
In a shocking turn of events, the child of the deceased will be raised without a father and the child of the shooter will be raised without a father at least until she is an adult.

The cycle continues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.