Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,454 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarathonAg12 said:

themissinglink said:

MarathonAg12 said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

. . . said:

Mexico.

Where do I go to get my $60k?
Stop by Judge Hidalgo's office if you have solid information. (Please bring a mask)
She's probably starting a GoFundMe to help pay his legal bills.

Doing a quick search of the Harris County District Court's website, he's a citizen of Honduras that has been detained twice by ICE (1999 and 2014). He's been picked up twice in the past decade for prostitution (2021 and 2014) and burglary, theft, and unlawful carry in the late 90s.

How the **** is he still in the US?

Because liberals.

Find pretty much any problem and you can list that as a cause and have a great chance of being correct.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
anyone else confused by this story?

Quote:

HOUSTON A manhunt is underway Tuesday for a robbery suspect accused of stabbing a Houston police K-9 on Jan. 22.

Ryan Mitchell Smith, 26, was charged with evading arrest, robbery with bodily injury, and interference with a police service animal. Smith's bond was set at $50,000. He was due in court on Monday morning.

After bonding out of jail Monday, Smith was being followed by homicide investigators with the Houston Police Department.

Police said around 12:10 a.m. the suspect was being followed inbound on Katy Freeway when they requested marked patrol units to stop the pickup truck he was in. The suspect led officers on a 10-minute pursuit before crashing on the Houston Polo Grounds located at 8552 Memorial Dr., investigators said. The suspect then fled into the woods while police searched for over two hours. Police said the suspect has not been found.
Sea Speed
AG
So it sounds like homicide folks started tailing him as he left the jail after bonding out? Why not just pick him up after he walks out. Wtf.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

anyone else confused by this story?

Quote:

HOUSTON A manhunt is underway Tuesday for a robbery suspect accused of stabbing a Houston police K-9 on Jan. 22.

Ryan Mitchell Smith, 26, was charged with evading arrest, robbery with bodily injury, and interference with a police service animal. Smith's bond was set at $50,000. He was due in court on Monday morning.

After bonding out of jail Monday, Smith was being followed by homicide investigators with the Houston Police Department.

Police said around 12:10 a.m. the suspect was being followed inbound on Katy Freeway when they requested marked patrol units to stop the pickup truck he was in. The suspect led officers on a 10-minute pursuit before crashing on the Houston Polo Grounds located at 8552 Memorial Dr., investigators said. The suspect then fled into the woods while police searched for over two hours. Police said the suspect has not been found.

I was. I had to read it three times.
FHKChE07
AG
Maybe they were trying to follow him to see where he went?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sea Speed said:

So it sounds like homicide folks started tailing him as he left the jail after bonding out? Why not just pick him up after he walks out. Wtf.

https://abc13.com/hpd-police-chase-man-stabs-k-9-ryan-mitchell-smith-father-missing/11507476/

Dad's missing.
Ag_07
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

themissinglink said:

MarathonAg12 said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

. . . said:

Mexico.

Where do I go to get my $60k?
Stop by Judge Hidalgo's office if you have solid information. (Please bring a mask)
She's probably starting a GoFundMe to help pay his legal bills.

Doing a quick search of the Harris County District Court's website, he's a citizen of Honduras that has been detained twice by ICE (1999 and 2014). He's been picked up twice in the past decade for prostitution (2021 and 2014) and burglary, theft, and unlawful carry in the late 90s.

How the **** is he still in the US?

Well...I can guarantee he's not anymore
jrrhouston98
AG
Looks like dad has been found.

https://abc13.com/hpd-police-chase-man-stabs-k-9-ryan-mitchell-smith-father-missing/11507476/
Diggity
AG
Apologies.I will edit since I got the wrong dude. My internet sleuthing skills are apparently subpar.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Diggity said:

a little internet sleuthing leads me to believe that this is the dad.

https://www.weaverlawyers.com/attorney/walker-smith/
That lawyer graduated law school in 2016. Unless the dad made a mid-life career switch, I'd doubt that is him.
MAS444
AG
That's not the dad. I knew him very well.
maroon barchetta
Is this a "dad and son had disagreement or son getting arrested for a few things including stabbing a police K-9, kid loses it and kills dad" scenario?

It's awful. It's "he went off his meds for awhile" kind of behavior.
MAROON
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Is this a "dad and son had disagreement or son getting arrested for a few things including stabbing a police K-9, kid loses it and kills dad" scenario?

I'm guessing its a son stabbed a K-9 got arrested. Was taken to Dad' home after bond and Dad chewed kid out, so kid kills Dad.

I'll bet the back story is the kid has had psyche issues forever, and either just had his meds changed or went off them.

One of my wife's friend's was killed by her son in River Oaks many years ago - same issue. Off his meds.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hearing they caught the kid up in waller County.
MAS444
AG
Do you have a link?
ChipFTAC01
AG
No. Should hit news shortly.
themissinglink
AG
Now reporting he's been found.

. . .
Quote:

Ryan Mitchell Smith, 26, was located about 2 p.m. walking along Highway 159 in Waller County. He was arrested without incident by law enforcement officers with the Texas Department Public Safety.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/01/25/body-believed-to-be-k-9-stabbing-suspects-father-found-in-garage-of-west-houston-home-police-say/
MarathonAg12
It would be a white person to stab a dog wtf…
MarathonAg12
MAROON said:

maroon barchetta said:

I'm guessing its a son stabbed a K-9 got arrested. Was taken to Dad' home after bond and Dad chewed kid out, so kid kills Dad.

I'll bet the back story is the kid has had psyche issues forever, and either just had his meds changed or went off them.

One of my wife's friend's was killed by her son in River Oaks many years ago - same issue. Off his meds.

Rich people love to keep mental problems hush hush and acknowledge they don't exist
P.H. Dexippus
AG
nm
txags92
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

MAROON said:

maroon barchetta said:

Rich people love to keep mental problems hush hush and acknowledge they don't exist
Yeah, but sometimes the system works against family members trying to legitimately help somebody who is seriously mentally disturbed. It is a fine line, but the system makes it really hard to help people who really need it sometimes.
TarponChaser
MAROON said:

maroon barchetta said:

Pretty sure that guy has been discussed a good deal on the OB. I'm guessing it's the same guy but he's a fly fishing guide on the Guad & Canyon Lake. Kid's dad is/was a very successful attorney.
MAROON
AG
same
MAROON
AG
I think that off base. Rich and poor are pretty much the same with regards to broadcasting mental illness of family members. The rich actually have the means to treat it.
rilloaggie
AG
Gotta wonder whether he stole another vehicle or a bike or something? Earlier reports said the cops lost him after midnight close to memorial park and the closest spot on Hwy 159 is by Hempstead. That's not a distance even most in-shape people could cover on foot in ~12 hours.
Boo Weekley
Holy crap I know the guy who was killed by his son and am good friends with his brother. This is a shocking gut punch. Was just visiting with him a week and a half ago. I'm closer to his brother but this still makes my stomach knot up.
sts7049
AG
just go ahead and end this loser
MAS444
AG
I know his brother too and we used to hang out a lot (not as much as with Cam) - but hadn't seen him in a few years. Didn't he move away from Houston - North Carolina or something?
maroon barchetta
sts7049 said:

just go ahead and end this loser

Defense attorney will be gearing up for mental incompetence/breakdown/temporary insanity.
SW AG80
AG
Sweetwater. My district covered 3 counties---Nolan, Mitchell and Fisher Counties. Great people out there.
maroon barchetta
Didn't realize a Good Samaritan took the guy down!

https://abc13.com/harris-county-chase-stolen-car-good-samaritan-helps-stop-suspect-arrested/11508996/
Boo Weekley
MAS444 said:

I know his brother too and we used to hang out a lot (not as much as with Cam) - but hadn't seen him in a few years. Didn't he move away from Houston - North Carolina or something?

Yep, ATL…small world
Boo Weekley
maroon barchetta said:

If you're gonna be schizophrenic, early to mid 20's is apparently about the age you have your first severe mental break(s). Doesn't excuse what he did, but no one who is sane does this type of sh**.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

Sweetwater. My district covered 3 counties---Nolan, Mitchell and Fisher Counties. Great people out there.
My backyard.

I was born and raised in Abilene (Taylor County). I love that part of Texas. The best people you'd ever meet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.