Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,280 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

Not within the city but there was a murder in Gleannloch Farms monday. Husband killed his wife.

https://www.springhappenings.com/spring-man-charged-with-murder-after-shooting-killing-wife/

That guy looks like the green blob from the Mucinex commercials. Someone post a pic because I'm too dumb to figure it out
Sea Speed
AG
jja79
AG
This was in the rich people section of Gleannloch. Not where the spares like me live.
Al Bula
AG
Is this the departed?

https://www.har.com/patricia-birmingham/ratings_524227
Diggity
AG
this looks to be his profile

Insurance guy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carey-birmingham-b78a9779/
JSKolache
AG
Will we make the list??

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-major-us-cities-top-annual-homicide-records/story?id=81466453
98Ag99Grad
AG
I don't know but we're way ahead of every one on that list but Philly who is over 500 themselves.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
JSKolache said:

Will we make the list??

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-major-us-cities-top-annual-homicide-records/story?id=81466453
This is just brilliant:

Quote:

As part of a recent ABC News series "Rethinking Gun Violence," Dr. Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research, said 2020 was the "perfect storm" of conditions where "everything bad happened at the same time -- you had the COVID outbreak, huge economic disruption, people were scared."
MORE: America has a gun violence problem. What do we do about it?
Webster added, "It's particularly challenging to know with certainty which of these things independently is associated with the increased violence. Rather it was the 'cascade' of events all unfolding in a similar time frame."
It's probably difficult for him because he's ignoring the fact that Democrat judges and Soros DA's are letting violent criminals walk free, repeatedly, with impunity. Oh, and I think some other stuff happened in the Summer of 2020 to make them think they had nothing to fear from police.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
JSKolache said:

Will we make the list??

People be watching too much ID channel thinking they can get away with murder
rilloaggie
AG
Not murder related but police related and don't feel like starting a new thread.

Wife went to the gym at ~5:30 this morning. I'm up drinking coffee and hear my front door getting messed with and my ring doorbell goes off at ~6:05...wife doesn't get home until after 6:30 generally so something is off. I find an agitated older woman on my front door that keeps turning the handle, pushing the glass window on the door, and trying to get in. I ask if she needs help and but she is unresponsive, just keeps yanking on the door. I try to find the constable's number but with this lady continuing to try to get into my house and not knowing what her state of mind is, I elect to call 911 and give them the details. I wait several minutes and the woman leaves the front porch. Dark outside and I can't see her anymore, still no cops at the house at 6:15.

I am looking through my front windows to see where she went when my dog barks and I find she has gone through my back gate and into the back yard. By this time I have located the Pct5 constable's number and call them at 6:21 to tell them the situation, constable dispatch on the phone says Houston 911 never notified them of any issues in the area (actually told me not to bother with 911 in the future...). Constables are at my house by 6:25 (substation is half a mile from me) and deals with the woman, who is apparently has Alzheimer's and wandered across some busy roads to get to my house. HPD shows up about 6:30.

Weird/sad situation but pretty disheartening that HPD and Houston 911 can get a call that someone is actively trying to enter a house and the response time is ~25 minutes. Even knowing that I wasn't in danger in this case, this old lady could have easily gotten creamed by a car if she walked back across a 4 lane road in the dark. Thank goodness for the constables office and I am glad my HOA dues pay them to patrol our hood.
txags92
AG
rilloaggie said:

Not murder related but police related and don't feel like starting a new thread.

Wife went to the gym at ~5:30 this morning. I'm up drinking coffee and hear my front door getting messed with and my ring doorbell goes off at ~6:05...wife doesn't get home until after 6:30 generally so something is off. I find an agitated older woman on my front door that keeps turning the handle, pushing the glass window on the door, and trying to get in. I ask if she needs help and but she is unresponsive, just keeps yanking on the door. I try to find the constable's number but with this lady continuing to try to get into my house and not knowing what her state of mind is, I elect to call 911 and give them the details. I wait several minutes and the woman leaves the front porch. Dark outside and I can't see her anymore, still no cops at the house at 6:15.

I am looking through my front windows to see where she went when my dog barks and I find she has gone through my back gate and into the back yard. By this time I have located the Pct5 constable's number and call them at 6:21 to tell them the situation, constable dispatch on the phone says Houston 911 never notified them of any issues in the area (actually told me not to bother with 911 in the future...). Constables are at my house by 6:25 (substation is half a mile from me) and deals with the woman, who is apparently has Alzheimer's and wandered across some busy roads to get to my house. HPD shows up about 6:30.

Weird/sad situation but pretty disheartening that HPD and Houston 911 can get a call that someone is actively trying to enter a house and the response time is ~25 minutes. Even knowing that I wasn't in danger in this case, this old lady could have easily gotten creamed by a car if she walked back across a 4 lane road in the dark. Thank goodness for the constables office and I am glad my HOA dues pay them to patrol our hood.
When seconds count, the police are just a half hour away. Obviously not a mortal threat this time, but who knows what it could have been on the other side of the door.
txags92
AG
Harry Lime said:

JSKolache said:

Will we make the list??

This is just brilliant:

Quote:

As part of a recent ABC News series "Rethinking Gun Violence," Dr. Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research, said 2020 was the "perfect storm" of conditions where "everything bad happened at the same time -- you had the COVID outbreak, huge economic disruption, people were scared."
MORE: America has a gun violence problem. What do we do about it?
Webster added, "It's particularly challenging to know with certainty which of these things independently is associated with the increased violence. Rather it was the 'cascade' of events all unfolding in a similar time frame."
It's probably difficult for him because he's ignoring the fact that Democrat judges and Soros DA's are letting violent criminals walk free, repeatedly, with impunity. Oh, and I think some other stuff happened in the Summer of 2020 to make them think they had nothing to fear from police.
Not difficult at all. Every time one of these guys' rap sheets gets posted, there is usually one or more "felon in possession of a firearm" charge in there. I don't have hard stats to back it up, but I would wager than a huge majority of the "gun violence problem" in America is being perpetrated by people with past felonies on their record. If we took advantage of the existing federal laws to put those guys in fed prison and prosecuted all the felons who sign their name acknowledging that it is illegal for them to possess a gun, while trying to buy a gun, our streets would be a lot less violent.
Jackal99
AG
My hood also uses Pct 5 constables. They're great. Always patrolling the neighborhood, much faster response times than HPD.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Could be worse. DPD didn't respond for an hour and a half after I had a gun drawn on me about 6 weeks ago. This was in the middle of the day on a Monday in a nice area too. Oh...and I received my first follow up call from a detective regarding the incident just a few days ago. They're really on top of ****.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

jja79 said:

Not within the city but there was a murder in Gleannloch Farms monday. Husband killed his wife.

https://www.springhappenings.com/spring-man-charged-with-murder-after-shooting-killing-wife/

That guy looks like the green blob from the Mucinex commercials. Someone post a pic because I'm too dumb to figure it out

And he was out on bail the next day. Not sarcasm.
Ciboag96
cupcakesprinkles said:

texasaggie2015 said:

jja79 said:

And he was out on bail the next day. Not sarcasm.

Perfectly safe. No more wifeys to murder. /Ogg
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Jackal99 said:

My hood also uses Pct 5 constables. They're great. Always patrolling the neighborhood, much faster response times than HPD.
Same here. If we ever have a need for cops, we have Pct 5 saved as a contact. Don't even mess with 911.
Boo Weekley
Baytoen count?

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Baytoen count?

Gonna guess the body count goes up at at least one.
BMX Bandit
houston won't make the list, but only because the record here is so incredibly high. It was 701 in 1981.
FHKChE07
AG
The crazy thing is that in 1980, Houston was 1.5 million and now it is 2.5 million. Man, the 80s were dangerous.
W
AG
yep, on the east side in the 80's...

3 homicides meant a "slow night" at the precinct
Ag_N_Houston
AG
FHKChE07 said:

The crazy thing is that in 1980, Houston was 1.5 million and now it is 2.5 million. Man, the 80s were dangerous.
Cocaine.
FHKChE07
AG
Crack is whack!
CW Griswold
The 70's and 80's were crazy. It was an era with leaded gas and lawn darts.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
https://abc13.com/houston-crime-road-rage-shooting-suspect-davion-potts/11336490/

98Ag99Grad
AG
Looks like justice.
Al Bula
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-road-rage-shooting-suspect-davion-potts/11336490/

i drive by this location when the beltway traffic sucks ass more so than 249, which is about 50/50. Really makes you think.
Quote:

Davion Potts, 22, was shot and killed inside Primos Food Mart at Old Bammel-N. Houston Road and Hwy 249.
anyway, glad to see another feral road rage killer get got.
Mr. Lahey
AG
maroon barchetta
Easy, Rod said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

i drive by this location when the beltway traffic sucks ass more so than 249, which is about 50/50. Really makes you think.
Quote:

Davion Potts, 22, was shot and killed inside Primos Food Mart at Old Bammel-N. Houston Road and Hwy 249.
anyway, glad to see another feral road rage killer get got.

I thought they only reported bad or shocking news?
maroon barchetta
Not enough details yet, but possible super bizarre murder-suicide?

This is insane. Possibly actual clinical insanity.

https://abc13.com/houston-traffic-highway-249-wreck-sam-beltway-crash-tomball-parkway/11344176/
texasaggie2015
AG
What the hell
W
AG
holy smokes, that's shades of the Houston Oiler 30 years ago
maroon barchetta
W said:

holy smokes, that's shades of the Houston Oiler 30 years ago

I don't know that anyone got turned into a eunuch in this instance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.