Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,332 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
RebelE91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

WTF

Man charged with murder in connection with teen's road rage death posts bond, no longer in custody
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/25/gerald-wayne-williams-is-free-david-is-dead-man-charged-with-murder-in-connection-with-teens-road-rage-death-posts-bond-no-longer-in-custody/

This is the new "criminal justice ecosystem" that Dems (the mayor) have touted. Can't let low income blacks sit in jail because of a high bond amount for a crime that they have yet to be found guilty. This is all be design
Ag_07
AG
Sickening

This POS chased them down, shot the kid, then ran and torched his car to destroy the evidence.

But yeah...Posted bond and he's out walking the streets.
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Sickening

This POS chased them down, shot the kid, then ran and torched his car to destroy the evidence.

But yeah...Posted bond and he's out walking the streets.

And according to some he's the victim as we've now forced him to commit another crime to pay for his bond. Clown world.
Mr. Lahey
AG
If I was that kids dad that piece of **** would be dead before the weekend was up
98Ag99Grad
AG
Hold up- the POS who killed the kid leaving minute maid is free on bond? WTF is going on in this city? This is fkng unbelievable.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

If I was that kids dad that piece of **** would be dead before the weekend was up

Same. He would be swimming in a Louisiana bayou if that was any of my family members he killed.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
BayAg_14
Stuff like this really makes me want to get the hell out of this town.
Al Bula
AG
How did that asshat fecal matter dildo get bail? I thought the 350k was revoked?!
Serotonin
AG
I remember reading a cop's post once that was basically to the effect of: We can't solve every crime, but we have to solve enough to keep society from descending into retribution and violence (as you see in third world countries).

We're at the point where the old school mafia could be running things better.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The guy was recently out of prison after 12 years for assault with a deadly weapon. I bet under the circumstances that he could've simply been denied bail altogether. Why the hell was he afforded it?
Mr. Lahey
AG
**** baw, you ain't gotta go that far to make someone disappear
BillYeoman
RebelE91 said:

WTF

Man charged with murder in connection with teen's road rage death posts bond, no longer in custody
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/25/gerald-wayne-williams-is-free-david-is-dead-man-charged-with-murder-in-connection-with-teens-road-rage-death-posts-bond-no-longer-in-custody/

This is the new "criminal justice ecosystem" that Dems (the mayor) have touted. Can't let low income blacks sit in jail because of a high bond amount for a crime that they have yet to be found guilty. This is all be design

I guarantee this guy will commit another violent crime before he goes to trial. What does he have to lose at his point?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Tally another one
https://abc13.com/waldine-street-drive-by-shooting-houston-murder-drive-by/11049458/
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Stop voting for shi**y democrat judges.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
BayAg_14 said:

Stuff like this really makes me want to get the hell out of this town.
We have been eyeballing college station. Good people, good schools, low crime, close to family in Cypress and Houston. Helps that we have a handful of good friends up there. This is unsustainable and there is no indication it will not just continue to get worse and worse.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Hammerly High Dive Crips

Mr. Lahey said:

Same. He would be swimming in a Louisiana bayou if that was any of my family members he killed.
There are large stretches of I-10 in Louisiana where you could simply just dump him off the causeway and no one would ever find a single remain after the gators and other critters got to him.
TarponChaser
Tine teeteries trying to do their best to add to the toll but I guess they can't shoot straight after dem sweet, sweet, swangers been in their face for a while.

3 shot outside Houston teetery, go to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Sea Speed
AG
Too much glitter blurs ones vision.
TarponChaser
Serotonin said:

I remember reading a cop's post once that was basically to the effect of: We can't solve every crime, but we have to solve enough to keep society from descending into retribution and violence (as you see in third world countries).

We're at the point where the old school mafia could be running things better.

Not that I condone criminal behavior but I think the world was a much better place overall when La Cosa Nostra was running the majority of criminal endeavors in the world.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I think we found Tilman Fertitta's TexAgs handle.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Was this guy discussed? Another out on bond and accused of murdering his ex GF last week.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/27/wanted-man-out-on-bond-charged-accused-of-murder-in-girlfriends-shooting-death/
sts7049
AG
that same judge has other blood on his hands

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/criminal-district-court-judge-frees-repeat-violent-offender-from-jail-even-after-hes-charged-with-murder
TarponChaser
The mother of a kid on my son's 11U football team is running for judge. She's a really nice lady and they're a nice family but let's just say I've got a gut-instinct she'd be in line with this crap as she shares a couple defining characteristics with a number of the judges we've been complaining about.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Geez, some of these individual judges have DIRECTLY aided in the killing of multiple innocent people. Destroying and devastating several families. In the aggregate, the numbers are insane. All for what? Political virtue signaling points? WTF is going on?

Can you imagine living with yourself or being able to sleep at night? I hate just making minor mundane mistakes at work. These people are knowingly letting violent offenders out, who are doing what they do best, killing and maiming and terrorizing the community. So you can't even say it's a "mistake". These people are disgusting.

Add this f'n liberal slimeball to the list of killer judges.

Sea Speed
AG
IRT the mistake, no way. Making mistakes that I shouldn't have at work will keep me up at night and these things would just be things that didn't live up to my expectations for myself, certainly nothing that got anyone hurt. I cant imagine having a hand in someone's murder.
CW Griswold
The difference between most of us and these scumbags is that they don't think what they are doing is a mistake. Any crimes committed due to their catch and release program is due to things like systemic oppression.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
CW Griswold said:

The difference between most of us and these scumbags is that they don't think what they are doing is a mistake. Any crimes committed due to their catch and release program is due to things like systemic oppression.

Put another way we're not morons and they are.
Sea Speed
AG
I know, I just can't wrap my head around it at all.
BowSowy
AG
I don't really understand the bail bond process. I'm assuming that guy had to take some sort of loan to pay a $350K bond. Does the loan company expect to recoup that $350K? Surely they'd look at the situation and realize the guy is going to be put away for a long time.
htxag09
AG
My understanding is the $350k is fully refundable when he appears for court. So he goes to a bail bond company, they will put up the $350k, but charge 10%, so he pays them $35k. When he appears for trial they get their $350k back.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
htxag09 said:

My understanding is the $350k is fully refundable when he appears for court. So he goes to a bail bond company, they will put up the $350k, but charge 10%, so he pays them $35k. When he appears for trial they get their $350k back.

Bonding company posts a bond for the full amount, but doesn't actually post the cash unless the bond is forfeited*, as I understand it. Cash bond is when the actual dollars are posted.

*Forfeited bonds are rarely pursued for collection in Harris Co., which incentivizes lending at low rates to deadbeats. Like government-backed loans for $200k lib arts degrees.
BMX Bandit
What number are we up to?
Al Bula
AG
When keeping it real goes wrong, 3rd Ward edition:

Convenience store robbery in progress, teenager busts in with a gun and gets dropped by the robber.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/28/17-year-old-killed-during-convenience-store-robbery-in-south-houston-police-say/
CW Griswold
Crime stats through the end of August are out. Through the end of Aug we were at 293 non-negligent homicides. Currently on pace for about 440 murders. The good news is that we're quite a bit down from the pace we were on earlier this year.

Still running substantially higher than recent years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.