Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,320 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't forget to place A LOT of the blame on the piss poor judges in Harris County. They are as bad as Kim Ogg.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

Don't forget to place A LOT of the blame on the piss poor judges in Harris County. They are as bad as Kim Ogg.
Much worse. I'm not sure if there's any historical precedence for judges consistently giving bonds lower than what the prosecutors ask, or simply refusing to hold trials. I saw an interview with one judge - one of the few to actually go on camera and answer questions - saying that he believed it was unconstitutional to hold someone in jail pending trial who has not been convicted of a crime. Which sounds nice on the surface if you're having a dormroom philosophical bull session between freshmen in college. But it's crazy when you're talking about homicides with witnesses and evidence, and no expectation of a trial to happen quickly. So gangbangers know they can do a couple days in jail, maybe attend a hearing, and be released to go kill again.

After Katrina, I remember some local criminal judges talking about gangbangers from New Orleans being shocked to have real trials and sentencing, because back in New Orleans, they claimed, some little gang killing would just be a "60 day murder." As in 60 days pending trial, then released without a trial or criminal conviction. As crazy as that sounded at the time, Harris County judges have created an even crazier situation here now.
tk for tu juan
Another Altima with paper plates
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/crime/couple-shot-along-i-45-north-freeway-suspect-photos/285-7b5187bb-ac9f-40c5-b4b4-6ae962a1d3ef
Quote:

the 27-year-old woman and 49-year-old man

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Just barely missed out on being added to the murder count. Fast approaching 3rd world status.
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/crime/hpd-two-similar-bmws-shot-at-on-katy-freeway-by-someone-with-a-rifle/285-ba3318f8-7784-4f59-b699-65ffbb463747
Al Bula
AG
Great. We are now NOLA with less cool sh-t and no culture.
W
AG
yep, not a good sign when someone is wearing a hoodie in H-town on an August afternoon
jrrhouston98
AG
Second victim from the galleria/grotto shooting last weekend has died.
YellAg2004
AG
Now the perps will have to double pinky promise to be good while waiting for their trial.
SW AG80
AG
Harry, in 2017 I took a search warrant to one of the Black Magic judges. The case was pending in a county along the border but we were running search warrants on a couple of houses in Harris County. A friend of mine who works at the DA's office there had me meet him in court and he would get me up to the judge to get the search warrants signed. This judge was the most clueless judge I have ever encountered.

I told her the pending case was in Dimmit County. She had no clue there was a county in Texas named Dimmit.
I explained that we just wanted to run search warrants on a couple of houses located in Harris County. She asked what the case was about. When I told her it was a human trafficking case she got VERY animated and loudly said "I don't want that case in my court!" I again explained to her that the case was being prosecuted in a county far, far away and that the case would not be in her court, she quickly signed the search warrants without reading a word of the affidavits. Even if she had read the affidavits, she would not have known what she was reading. Absolutely clueless!!
Al Bula
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

Harry, in 2017 I took a search warrant to one of the Black Magic judges. The case was pending in a county along the border but we were running search warrants on a couple of houses in Harris County. A friend of mine who works at the DA's office there had me meet him in court and he would get me up to the judge to get the search warrants signed. This judge was the most clueless judge I have ever encountered.

I told her the pending case was in Dimmit County. She had no clue there was a county in Texas named Dimmit.
I explained that we just wanted to run search warrants on a couple of houses located in Harris County. She asked what the case was about. When I told her it was a human trafficking case she got VERY animated and loudly said "I don't want that case in my court!" I again explained to her that the case was being prosecuted in a county far, far away and that the case would not be in her court, she quickly signed the search warrants without reading a word of the affidavits. Even if she had read the affidavits, she would not have known what she was reading. Absolutely clueless!!
this is what you voted for, Dims.
ChipFTAC01
AG
One of the properties that I manage is in litigation over property values. We tried to do mediation with the CAD and the mediator is a retired judge. The judge, knowing what court our case was in, tried very, very carefully to intimate that our trial judge was basically a moron.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Can you give the district number of the court?
ChipFTAC01
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Can you give the district number of the court?

Absolutely not
P.H. Dexippus
AG
No fatalities that I am aware of, but there has been an active manhunt for the past hour outside my office building with K-9 and air support. Richmond/Beltway.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
txags92
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

No fatalities that I am aware of, but there has been an active manhunt for the past hour outside my office building with K-9 and air support. Richmond/Beltway.
Which building are you in? We recently moved out offices to 10333 Richmond, but I haven't been into the office in weeks.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
That's our building. 9th floor.
txags92
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Howdy neighbor, we are on the 10th.
Sea Speed
AG
Another successful Texags hookup.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

One of the properties that I manage is in litigation over property values. We tried to do mediation with the CAD and the mediator is a retired judge. The judge, knowing what court our case was in, tried very, very carefully to intimate that our trial judge was basically a moron.
Curious who the mediator was?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Sea Speed said:

Another successful Texags hookup.
Y'all can brush your teeth together at lunch.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
KPRC just did a nice deep dive into (Democrat) Kim Ogg's handling of high-profile cases in Harris County.

Short recap: she's bad at her job.
FHKChE07
AG
I saw on the news last night when they were talking about the felony reform bill that in the last two years in Harris County, there have been 131 homicides by people who were out on bond for multiple felonies or a violent felony.
Sea Speed
AG
FHKChE07 said:

I saw on the news last night when they were talking about the felony reform bill that in the last two years in Harris County, there have been 131 homicides by people who were out on bond for multiple felonies or a violent felony.

Blood of 131 people on the hands of these feckless, disgusting judges. These murderers are becoming more brazen as well. Was this on Fox, because they seem to be the only local channel covering it.
Dill-Ag13
AG
txags92 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Howdy neighbor, we are on the 10th.

I used to work in 10375. Really makes you think.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I know that mediator. He is a character and he loves Blantons.
Mas89
AG
Kingwood homeowner making a good contribution last night dealing with a car burglar at his house. Luckily for him he was just inside the Montgomery County line so Kim Ogg can't prosecute the homeowner.
rilloaggie
AG
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/crime/four-people-dead-southwest-houston/285-1f7b3656-daa1-4c86-902b-e760c4d2c699

This one will likely be a murder/suicide imho based on the fire.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Add this one

Man fatally shot during altercation at N Houston convenience store, police say
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/05/man-fatally-shot-during-altercation-at-n-houston-convenience-store-police-say/
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
And this one

Man in custody after 69-year-old father fatally shot at Pearland home, police say
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/09/05/suspect-in-custody-after-69-year-old-man-fatally-shot-at-pearland-home-police-say/
Z3phyr
What is our official count at? Or what is the best database to check? Moved here recently and ready to vote some people out
Ciboag96
Z3phyr said:

What is our official count at? Or what is the best database to check? Moved here recently and ready to vote some people out

Lol. Better chance of a Guatemalan driving 53mph in the fast lane in an '89 F350 pulling lawn equipment moving out of your way on I-10 to let you pass.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Saw a couple more road rage incidents on ch 2. Pretty much a daily occurrence now.
TexasAggie81
NoahAg said:

Ogg and Dora will ensure it.

At some point, people will start taking the law into their own hands. And who can blame them?
W
AG
whoa, 6 homicides today?

looks like it according to Channel 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.