Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,343 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good lord, commissioners are arguing the increasing crime isn't a problem.

It's "up" but it's not as bad as it was in the past. So ya'll, it's not as bad as the 80's, so nothing to worry about.

This is getting testy.

https://www.harriscountytx.gov/Government/Court-Agenda/Court-Videos
aTm '99
Serotonin
AG
Can you imagine if a private company had that attitude?

Ford CEO: "Yes, our new fleet of vehicles are much more dangerous for riders than two years ago, but they are still safer than our vehicles from the '70s!"

The goal should be 0 homicides and the top priority should be the safety and well-being of law abiding citizens and their families.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Jack Cagle and Steve Radack have to want to gouge their ear drums out sitting with those clowns.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The special interest idiot just talking in opposition to new restrictions on PR bonds bragging about how criminals detained instead of released at more likely to commit more crimes. Did the thought ever cross her mind that criminals remanded are usually repeat offenders and/or a more serious risk to the public?
Mikeyshooter
AG
I just turned it on and the first person I hear is a community organizer that is claiming racism. Shocking!!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Jack Cagle and Steve Radack have to want to gouge their ear drums out sitting with those clowns.
Radack has retired, it's Tom Ramsey now, but yes, he's not happy either.

aTm '99
rilloaggie
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Good lord, commissioners are arguing the increasing crime isn't a problem.

It's "up" but it's not as bad as it was in the past. So ya'll, it's not as bad as the 80's, so nothing to worry about.

This is getting testy.

https://www.harriscountytx.gov/Government/Court-Agenda/Court-Videos

I said it before. Someone needs to use that same metric for racism and see what the response is. "It's not a big deal, used to be way worse"
Serotonin
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

I just turned it on and the first person I hear is a community organizer that is claiming racism. Shocking!!
If I was an evil genius and wanted to destroy one race I would do the following to that race:
  • Destroy their family structure.
  • Increase their dependency on government.
  • Reinforce cultural focus on non-scalable professions (athletes and entertainers).
  • Excuse any poor academic performance by blaming the system.
  • Maximize abortions amongst the race.
  • Maximize homicides amongst the race.

That's systemic racism.
Mikeyshooter
AG
You forgot enforcement of bail to get out of jail while they are on trial for crimes that they didn't commit!!

Also, according to one speaker you can be charged with assault without ever touching another person. Think about that for a second.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Ding ding ding!! We have our first mention of people owning guns without permits!! Lawlessness!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Lina Hidalgo and Rodney Ellis stack the speakers' spots with these payed Leftist "community organizers" to block out the space where ordinary citizens would normally have the ability to speak.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Harry Lime said:

Mikeyshooter said:

Lina Hidalgo and Rodney Ellis stack the speakers' spots with these payed Leftist "community organizers" to block out the space where ordinary citizens would normally have the ability to speak.
I had no idea so many "Texas Community Project" type groups actually existed.
Mikeyshooter
AG
It's funny when these callers use the exact same data to present their point. So either they are all researching the same source, or they were fed the information from someone. It's a mystery.
Mikeyshooter
AG
FYI, police be killing people too.

This is amazing.
Sea Speed
AG
I appreciate the commentary for those that can't watch
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
AlaskanAg99
AG
And now they're on redistricting... this meeting is going to go on forever.
aTm '99
Sea Speed
AG
Didn't they make relevant changes at like 0200 last time
AlaskanAg99
AG
No, that's when they hired a County Administrator, who can now bury personel changes out side of court.

If you're watching, the county lawyer, budget office and engineer are no longer in the session.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
290.Request for approval of a renewal option with Runbeck Election Supplies to provide and mail absentee ballots by mail for the Election Administrator's Office for the period of September 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022 at a cost of $937,534 (200246)

This passed, 3-2
aTm '99
P.H. Dexippus
Sea Speed
AG
Not watching. Postong from east coast traffic. And that was right. Hiring a guy to do Dora's job.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

No, that's when they hired a County Administrator, who can now bury personel changes out side of court.

If you're watching, the county lawyer, budget office and engineer are no longer in the session.

They've been gutting the politically independent career service people who had the temerity to say "we can't afford it." The new county administrator is the local political toadie they put in charge of the budget office when they fired Bill Jackson with no notice.
YellAg2004
AG
Harry Lime said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

They've been gutting the politically independent career service people who had the temerity to say "we can't afford it." The new county administrator is the local political toadie they put in charge of the budget office when they fired Bill Jackson with no notice.
Nailed it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
The county re-org was mentioned by pct3, to make sure everything is transparent. 30 days is when the County Admin has to make his report on the path forward.

Sounds like a lot of potential change coming.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Harry Lime said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Turns out Bill Jackson and Garcia had some friction from back when Garcia was county sherif. Shortly after Garcia becomes a commissioner Jackson is gone.

Now Poppe is gone. Can't imagine Blount will be around much longer. They also got rid of the county clerk, can't remember her name off the top of my head. She was replaced with an interim hire direct from the DNC who oversaw the election.
aTm '99
YellAg2004
AG
and Universal Services and HCTRA
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

They also got rid of the county clerk, can't remember her name
Diane Trautman. She made the mistake of mentioning election law to them, so they forced her out.
The Wonderer
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

You forgot enforcement of bail to get out of jail while they are on trial for crimes that they didn't commit!!

Also, according to one speaker you can be charged with assault without ever touching another person. Think about that for a second.
You actually can. Tex. Penal Code 22.01(a)(2)

Quote:

Sec. 22.01. ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;
(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or
(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

In the civil context, assault is a threat of unwanted contact and battery is actual unwanted contact. Most penal codes combine the two into an assault charge.
BBRex
AG
Trying to pump those numbers up.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/4-people-shot-in-drive-by-shooting-at-harris-co-bar
SidsBurnerAccount
Just saw on Citizen app...2 killed in Woodland Oaks tonight.
Ag_07
AG
Not a killing but I saw an ambulance with patient in tow was highjacked at gunpoint last night.

Like something out of a GTA video game.

Shlt is outta control
LRHF
AG
Ag_07 said:

Not a killing but I saw an ambulance with patient in tow was highjacked at gunpoint last night.

Like something out of a GTA video game.

Shlt is outta control

Here is the article
https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-ambulance-carjacked

WTF Houston?
CW Griswold
https://abc13.com/ambulance-chase-houston-stolen-hfd/10905317/

Quote:

The gunman, who was not immediately identified, was under the influence of some kind of substance and has a lengthy criminal history, police said.

I refuse to believe this. I think he's interested in going to medical school and wants to see first hand what kind of care patients receive from emergency responders. He's a valuable member of society.
W
AG
that's a crazy situation with the ambulance hijacking. HFD needs to take a look at their protocols going forward.

the EMT in the back and the patient were abandoned and left at the mercy of the gunman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.