Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,196 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OEag11 said:

You're arguing with someone who thinks the world revolves around kingwood....

Your specious non sequitur notwithstanding, choosing to carry a loaded gun is a significant decision, and should not be taken lightly. Yet, in all likelihood, the accidental discharge causing bodily harm would carry a less severe penalty than our governor inflicted on the poor soul who allowed a branch to fall from a tree.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
What would you say is wrong with you?
Sea Speed
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Got a legit lol out of this.
94chem
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I think for myself. It is an underappreciated, yet quite profitable, character trait. It arose from having good parents, a Christ-first attitude, and maybe a sense of humor that would have you laughing often if you enjoy good writing and conversation. Don't ask; I'm taken.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Sea Speed
AG
Mr. Lahey
AG
94chem said:

OEag11 said:

Your specious non sequitur notwithstanding, choosing to carry a loaded gun is a significant decision, and should not be taken lightly. Yet, in all likelihood, the accidental discharge causing bodily harm would carry a less severe penalty than our governor inflicted on the poor soul who allowed a branch to fall from a tree.

I presume it took you 5 hours digging in a thesaurus to come up with that retort my dear apothecary?

I think you're missing the point(like on every other thread) that any ****heads who are prone to engaging in pistoleer combat already do not give one ****e about the laws of the land, and this new decree will thus therefore have no remould upon their behavior.

Can you please point to one documented instance, in the surrounding area of our fine city, where a non-criminal had a negligible discharge which harmed an innocent passerby?
94chem
This happened a few blocks from my house. Swear some more if it will make you feel better. But better yet, what penalty do you think would fit that crime? After all, laws are made by people.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/family-of-woman-accidentally-shot-at-restaurant-wants-criminal-charges-filed/285-341246753
94chem,
Diggity
AG
Thankfully, Andy took his gun away
txags92
AG
OEag11 said:

94chem said:

OEag11 said:

I presume it took you 5 hours digging in a thesaurus to come up with that retort my dear apothecary?

I think you're missing the point(like on every other thread) that any ****heads who are prone to engaging in pistoleer combat already do not give one ****e about the laws of the land, and this new decree will thus therefore have no remould upon their behavior.

Can you please point to one documented instance, in the surrounding area of our fine city, where a non-criminal had a negligible discharge which harmed an innocent passerby?
I'll give you a hint...most of the ones I know of personally or have seen in the news have been cops. You know, those people who are so well trained that the rest of us untrained masses shouldn't need to carry guns?
Mr. Lahey
AG
94chem said:

This happened a few blocks from my house. Swear some more if it will make you feel better. But better yet, what penalty do you think would fit that crime? After all, laws are made by people.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/family-of-woman-accidentally-shot-at-restaurant-wants-criminal-charges-filed/285-341246753

Sorry your wife got shot. Got anything that happened in the last 5 years?

Sorry to offend your delicate sensitivities with the crass form of the adjective for excrement.
94chem
OEag11 said:

94chem said:

Sorry your wife got shot. Got anything that happened in the last 5 years?

Sorry to offend your delicate sensitivities with the crass form of the adjective for excrement.

You can put your pants back on now.
94chem,
ChrisHansen
AG
BBRex
AG
Just to get this back on track:

https://abc13.com/whats-happening-on-guhn-road-apartment-complex-shooting-houston-crime-police-responds-to/10889644/

And there was supposedly a shooting a mile from my house tonight, but we probably won't know if it is a fatality until tomorrow.

Ciboag96
Ciboag96
Your hopes were indeed fulfilled. Chalk line up another one for our wonderfully understaffed popo.
tylercsbn9
AG
Another one out on 7 felony bonds

https://abc13.com/murder-charge-while-on-bond-man-killed-during-home-invasion-qiriathiam-phillips/10891591/
Sea Speed
AG
This is going to reach a tipping point where the normal folks won't take it anymore, right?
94chem
tylercsbn9 said:

Another one out on 7 felony bonds

https://abc13.com/murder-charge-while-on-bond-man-killed-during-home-invasion-qiriathiam-phillips/10891591/

Unless he's Chinese, it should be a felony to have a q with no u.
94chem,
Sea Speed
AG
Those names.

Qiriathiam Phillips, 25, and Consetta Rao, 24, were both charged with murder in 29-year-old Tevin Watson's death.
Sea Speed
AG
That girlndefinitely could have made more money on only fans than whatever murder pays.
tylercsbn9
AG
Sea Speed said:

This is going to reach a tipping point where the normal folks won't take it anymore, right?

No because the people that live inside the city limits vote for this. Perhaps if we started releasing these people and housing them in Montrose and West U when they got out.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I was at the Galleria 2 nights ago during the shooting. We luckily were near an exit when we heard the shots and were first out.

Funny thing is just a few weeks ago my mil remarked "I don't do malls anymore there's always shootings there". I remember thinking "wtf is she talking about?"

Now she's got an I told you so over me forever lol. MIL I told you sos are the worst.
Serotonin
AG
Sea Speed said:

It really depends. Both NYC and Detroit were in terrible condition and headed wrong way in '80s but one chose to crack down on crime and implemented broken window theory policing.

There is still time but it doesn't look very promising right now.
W
AG
Sea Speed said:

the departures to the northern counties will continue...residents, businesses, corporations

and maybe in 10 or so years...the sports teams and the rodeo too
txags92
AG
Serotonin said:

Sea Speed said:

It really depends. Both NYC and Detroit were in terrible condition and headed wrong way in '80s but one chose to crack down on crime and implemented broken window theory policing.

There is still time but it doesn't look very promising right now.
With the shift in technology and business philosophy allowing and encouraging a much larger number of employees to work from home, the need to congregate near large urban areas is going to go away. I predict we will see a massive shift away from the urban areas over the next couple of decades as the people who have the means to do so move out to the country to get away from surging crime. That is why I predicted that Houston is going to go the way of Detroit. The city is mostly landlocked by other municipalities at this point, and the folks who live there insist on voting for the soft on crime judges and DA. The left is never going to have a chief of police that will take on the DA and get tough on crime, so it will just continue to get worse.
Ag_07
AG
Busy night last night

Road rage shooting kills 1

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/19/man-dead-after-shooting-multi-vehicle-crash-on-north-freeway-i-45-north-closed/

Suspected gunman, 2 others killed in shooting at motel in northwest Houston

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/07/19/suspected-gunman-2-others-killed-in-shooting-at-motel-in-northwest-houston-police-say/
Sea Speed
AG
So what is up with these road rage shootings? That is several this year and I dont recall them being a thing previously. Did I just not pay attention or is this a new thing in the Tine?
KatyAg01
AG
Sea Speed said:

Those names.

Qiriathiam Phillips, 25, and Consetta Rao, 24, were both charged with murder in 29-year-old Tevin Watson's death.

You want to see a spelling bee contestant pass out? Run that one by them in competition.

"Can you use it in a sentence?"

"Qiriathiam was 'bout that life. Qiriathiam."
htxag09
AG
Quote:

Suspected gunman, 2 others killed in shooting at motel in northwest Houston, police say
Quote:

Brittany Jeffers

Emmy-winning journalist. Inquisitive. Sparkle enthusiast. Coffee-fueled, with a dash of sass.
Quite the bio for this article's author lol
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I was at the Galleria 2 nights ago during the shooting. We luckily were near an exit when we heard the shots and were first out.

Funny thing is just a few weeks ago my mil remarked "I don't do malls anymore there's always shootings there". I remember thinking "wtf is she talking about?"

Now she's got an I told you so over me forever lol. MIL I told you sos are the worst.
we were eating at Nobu when it happened and had no idea
rilloaggie
AG
Sea Speed said:

So what is up with these road rage shootings? That is several this year and I dont recall them being a thing previously. Did I just not pay attention or is this a new thing in the Tine?
https://www.khou.com/search?q=road+rage+2019

I think they've always been around to an extent. The media seems to be reporting them much more in depth these days. I believe that after September 1st they will start tossing in a line like "this is the XXth road rage shooting in Texas since Gov. Abbott's unlicensed carry law went into effect." I would be willing to bet that lots of the road rage shootings are "beef" between the involved parties that culminates in shooting from a car and then gets reported as simple road rage instead of gang violence, street racing, or whatever.
Sea Speed
AG
Makes sense. I just know that one TAMU student did it earlier this year and that kid was killed after the Astros game, which made it seem more a random thing than gang violence.

Agree with your comments about the news. Will blame guns and R leaders instead of saying something like "This is the 112th murder by someone out on felony bond since the DA and several activist judges began implementing their version of bail reform."
LRHF
AG
Anybody know the current count?
Sea Speed
AG
The Twitter account for the crime stoppers guy probably has thst info. I do believe we are well in to the 100s now.
rilloaggie
AG
https://kdhnews.com/news/texas/houston-leads-national-homicide-surge/article_322047c1-1141-5c73-9fda-229eb79d3385.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Per this article 222, as of June. Per Andy Kahan's Twitter 127 are murders by people out on felony bonds, although I think that count started earlier than 2021.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.