Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,351 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this spike is related to the free government money. Folks got a short taste of cash and want more to keep on rolling, or need more to keep whatever stupid thing they bought with the free money. Certainly not gonna actually get jobs. That's for suckers.
CW Griswold
Texas is somewhere around the 20th state to get constitutional carry, and something like 15 of the other states in that group had it before 2021.

But yeah, we're gonna be different than other states and have hordes of otherwise reasonable people settle things like it's the OK Corral.

Libs are so GD stupid.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
RK said:

i've had 2 people in the last week (an uber driver and a friend) talk about how "everybody will be allowed to carry guys with no oversight". incorrectness aside, it's as though they think there is a large contingent of people out there wanting to commit gun crimes but who are held back by the fact that they cannot legally carry.

People in general are dip****s to begin with and fear just turns their dip****edness up several notches.
Sea Speed
AG
I hope you gave that uber driver 1 star. If I wanted the help's opinion id give it to them.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
They said all the same crap when open carry passed. Since that day, I have seen 1 person open carrying. But, thankfully they put up a whole bunch of 30-07 signs to keep folks from shooting up everything everywhere.
Boo Weekley
RK said:

i've had 2 people in the last week (an uber driver and a friend) talk about how "everybody will be allowed to carry guys with no oversight". incorrectness aside, it's as though they think there is a large contingent of people out there wanting to commit gun crimes but who are held back by the fact that they cannot legally carry.
I have an educated gun-carrying coworker who is great but a complete dunce on political issues who thinks exactly that. That there is this certain contingent of society who is just waiting to kill other people over disagreements, in road rage incidents etc. And the only thing keeping this at bay is that they are not allowed to carry firearms without a license. Amazing how many libs and politically clueless people think people who would commit murder give a single f*** about gun laws.

Make no mistake though, the propaganda is going to be VERY HEAVY. The narrative will be that this new law is turning us into one of the most violent places in North America and millions of useful idiots will eat it up without thinking.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Scared of gun laws, not bothered one bit by murder laws.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Make no mistake though, the propaganda is going to be VERY HEAVY. The narrative will be that this new law is turning us into one of the most violent places in North America and millions of useful idiots will eat it up without thinking.

Hopefully that will motivate folks to stay the **** away.
Ciboag96
Don't be fooled by the sudden "increase in road rage shooting incidents". They've been there forever but are now hot topics to report per media handlers.
Onceaggie2.0
Ciboag96 said:

Don't be fooled by the sudden "increase in road rage shooting incidents". They've been there forever but are now hot topics to report per media handlers.

True but I don't recall them ending with shots fired and deaths
Marvin_Zindler
AG
While Houston is a shooting ground, our political betters are taking pre-paid luxury coaches to pre-paid private jets to Washington DC.

Don't worry, I flew on the same Embraer last week with my family and a UA mask nazi. But that does not apply to the woke elite.

****them.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Add another.

https://abc13.com/10881963/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_TW&taid=60ed2282fdc7d300011ffc11&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Anti-taxxer
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

While Houston is a shooting ground, our political betters are taking pre-paid luxury coaches to pre-paid private jets to Washington DC.

Don't worry, I flew on the same Embraer last week with my family and a UA mask nazi. But that does not apply to the woke elite.

****them.

*******s. All of 'em.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

How come nobody ever asks them to explain their nonsense? What "rights" are you protecting? So tired of all the theatrical lying from the left.

Also, does that elected official have blue hair?
Mr. Lahey
AG
Yes and she's an aggie I believe. 2nd cousins with listeater by the looks of it.
schmellba99
AG
Aside from the lords and barons not having to wear masks like us serfs have to......notice that all the dudes are sitting way at the back in the plane picture?
schmellba99
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

How come nobody ever asks them to explain their nonsense? What "rights" are you protecting? So tired of all the theatrical lying from the left.

Also, does that elected official have blue hair?
The "right" they are protecting is keeping their slaves on their plantations, and basically going against anything R's do out of sheer stupidity and principle.

R's do the same thing, except for the running away out of state part. I don't remember them ever doing that.
Boo Weekley
Marvin_Zindler said:

****them.
LOL why are democrats always so predictably ugly and unkempt?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
dont be so hard on these dems, theyre just relating to their people who dont want to work and live off the gov't
SW AG80
AG
Getting back to murders. What is the count up to in Harris County?
RK
AG
schmellba99 said:

[R's do the same thing, except for the running away out of state part. I don't remember them ever doing that.

I think there was one rep guy up in Oregon (or somewhere in the PACNW) that did it. Can't recall the issue it was over.
tandy miller
AG
This is insane. 7 bonds?!?

FJB
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Drag that judge out into the streets.
atmtws
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Is that Madea?!?!

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
hOw DaRe YoU TaLk aBoUt ThE dEaN oF tHe HoUse lIke ThAt!!!
wessimo
AG
https://abc13.com/amp/houston-crime-whats-happening-on-south-cancun-drive-murder-suicide-3-dead/10887430/

Wtf is wrong with people?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
it's funny/sad how the dems embraced defund the police now they cant understand why the murder rates are out of control.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/homicides-up-nationwide-mayors/2021/06/21/13e5aa46-d058-11eb-9b7e-e06f6cfdece8_story.html
atmtws
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

it's funny/sad how the dems embraced defund the police now they cant understand why the murder rates are out of control.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/homicides-up-nationwide-mayors/2021/06/21/13e5aa46-d058-11eb-9b7e-e06f6cfdece8_story.html
Well, they pushed "Defund the Police" knowing crime would rise, so they could further push their gun control policies. Just wait until Sept. 1st. Hopefully more people start carrying to defend themselves.
94chem
Boo Weekley said:

RK said:

I have an educated gun-carrying coworker who is great but a complete dunce on political issues who thinks exactly that. That there is this certain contingent of society who is just waiting to kill other people over disagreements, in road rage incidents etc. And the only thing keeping this at bay is that they are not allowed to carry firearms without a license. Amazing how many libs and politically clueless people think people who would commit murder give a single f*** about gun laws.

I think the more likely thing to happen is that untrained people will carry guns, and there will be a lot more accidental shootings. I hope it's mostly self-inflicted, though. I think if you are carrying a gun that accidentally discharges and injures/kills someone, it should be treated as premeditated, like aggravated armed robbery, and eligible for capital punishment.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
You realize there's like 21 states that already have constitutional carry, right? And they didn't turn into the Wild West.

And accidental discharge = capital punishment?

Good grief.
Mr. Lahey
AG
You're arguing with someone who thinks the world revolves around kingwood....
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Haha, I'm not arguing. Every once in a while I just get taken aback by really dumb posts from educated people.
txags92
AG
94chem said:

Boo Weekley said:

RK said:

I think the more likely thing to happen is that untrained people will carry guns, and there will be a lot more accidental shootings. I hope it's mostly self-inflicted, though. I think if you are carrying a gun that accidentally discharges and injures/kills someone, it should be treated as premeditated, like aggravated armed robbery, and eligible for capital punishment.
Same exact argument that was used by people when concealed carry was being considered. And the same argument that was used when the reduction in the training requirements was being considered. And neither time was there a surge in accidental shootings. What make you believe that it will happen now?
YellAg2004
AG
And campus carry...and open carry...
RK
AG
exactly.

and i'd wager that a small fraction of people who take the time and effort go through all the hassle and hoops of obtaining a LTC actually carry on a regular basis. would seem that people who are far less dedicated to the act would be even less likely to carry.

all that to say, you'll notice precisely 0 difference in the real word after this passes. but it's always nice to have more rights than fewer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.