Houston
Sponsored by

Can we get to 500 murders this year?

128,485 Views | 1088 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A house guest or a "house guest"
W
AG
to be determined for now
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Hitting 3s from half-court is one way to win the game:

https://abc13.com/3-shot-at-flea-market-on-airline-drive-sheriff-ed-gonzalez-says/10838466/
Sea Speed
AG
Jesus Christ. I guess the question is that are these shootings stemming from traffic issues or shootings that just happened to be on roadways.

"This latest shooting on Airline makes eight shootings on Houston-area roadways in the past six days."
Al Bula
AG
This is what liberalism gets you, folks.

Sea Speed
AG
Yep. That stat and graphic blew my mind.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Completely ignoring exploding crime that's happening now, but already has the blame tee'd up for September.

She should be going after Boss Ogg and the total failure that bail reform has caused. I thought there was a running list of those that had been released and then then went on to commit murder. Something like 100 incidents that can be tracked.
aTm '99
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Completely ignoring exploding crime that's happening now, but already has the blame tee'd up for September.

She should be going after Boss Ogg and the total failure that bail reform has caused. I thought there was a running list of those that had been released and then then went on to commit murder. Something like 100 incidents that can be tracked.

**** Lina. What a worthless waste of flesh.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Pandering to the extreme wing of a party's primary voters frequently results in bad policy.

isn't this exactly how she got her job that she had no experience for and is absolutely terrible at?
Sea Speed
AG
Yea there is a guy with fox that has been tracking it as well as posting it all on Twitter, but i cant recall his name or handle. It is so terrible and these politicians and judges have so much mood on their hands and not a single peep about holding them accountable.
BBRex
AG
I thought she got it based on straight ticket voters who were backing Beto. Either way, the results are the same.
AlaskanAg99
AG
There was some announcement at 11:30 on the county spending $14M on something to reduce crime. But I didn't see it and I don't think there's a transcript up yet.
aTm '99
P.H. Dexippus
AG
At least local law enforcement has their priorities straight.
txags92
AG
CW Griswold said:

https://abc13.com/houston-records-over-100-more-homicides-compared-to-june-2019/10816924/

We're on track for about 470 right now but I have faith our leadership can help us make a good run at 500.

Si se puede!
Al Bula
AG
The needle moved again over night. Road rage shooting victim makes it to hospital and dies.

RK
AG
saw on the news that a guy who was in the business of stealing tailgates and reselling was shot last night during a transaction. unfortunately, he is still alive.
Boo Weekley
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

At least local law enforcement has their priorities straight.

Make it fuggin stop. Starting to really hate this world we live in. Just over the top pandering. Non-stop.

As someone else said, it is INSANE that gays get a whole month and those who have lost their lives defending this country get a single day.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Garcia promoting a surveillance tech called "Shot Spotter", the same microphones used in Chiraq to alert police when shots are fired.

You can see which direction they anticipate Houston to go towards.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Also, after the CC raided HCTRA for their reserve funds (which we pay through tolls), yesterday they raided the rest of the county departments rollover funds. Court went to 2am with the Constables putting up a fight, to probably no avail, and they have effectively partially defunded public safety.
aTm '99
Sea Speed
AG
I dont understand how they can just raid the funds set aside for x or y over and over. How long will these types of decisions impact the county?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

I dont understand how they can just raid the funds set aside for x or y over and over.

because what the **** are you going to do about it? that's how.
Sea Speed
AG
ruddyduck said:

Sea Speed said:

I dont understand how they can just raid the funds set aside for x or y over and over.

because what the **** are you going to do about it? that's how.

I guess I know thqt is the ultimate reason for it but I guess I have some nonsensical altruistic vision of local government at least trying to play by the rules at least sometimes, but should very obviously know better by now, especially with this merry band of morons running the show.
AlaskanAg99
AG
More importantly is where are the funds going?

They did vote to hire a County Administrator along with staff. Not real clear on what this title actually does.

But they do this stuff in the middle of the night.
aTm '99
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

I guess I have some nonsensical altruistic vision of local government at least trying to play by the rules at least sometimes

duuuuuuude.
Sea Speed
AG
ruddyduck said:

Quote:

I guess I have some nonsensical altruistic vision of local government at least trying to play by the rules at least sometimes

duuuuuuude.

Haha I mean insofar thst they don't just rob their constituents blind or at least there are some controls to stop them from doing so, but ita only taken this current idiot a couple of years to complete **** the county.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
the houston mayor got caught paying his slam piece six figures a year of taxpayer money, and that was just his boy toy.
Sea Speed
AG
I know, and the other fella had a storage unit full of black market African art. They are all trash and the voters reject anyone who talks sanely and wants to get things in order. I know I know.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

They did vote to hire a County Administrator along with staff. Not real clear on what this title actually does.

So that complete centralization of power/reorg measure passed?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

So that complete centralization of power/reorg measure passed?
I believe so, all this happened late after hours. It's very difficult to find reporting on what happens in Court.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
3-2 vote, you can figure out how it fell.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/06/29/harris-county-commissioners-court-appoints-first-ever-county-administrator-despite-strong-opposition/

New county admin can hire/fire department heads. Current Budget Director is now the County Admin.

Russ Poppe of Flood Control abruptly resigned a few weeks ago. My gut says he was shoved out.

""I don't think anyone, no matter how well-meaning they may be, should be given this supreme chancellor-style powers over all the other 20 departments in this county," said Commissioner Cagle.
"In public transparency, we get an "F"," said Commissioner Ramsey.
Dozens of Harris County residents, including a judge and a couple of teachers, publicly opposed the measure during Tuesday's Commissioner's Court.
"The fact that this was done quietly or quickly, without any public discussion or input, wreaks," said one resident.
The agenda, including the item related to the appointment of a county administrator, was made public on Thursday, June 24, four days before the meeting."

4 days notice, so much for "Transparency".
aTm '99
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

I know, and the other fella had a storage unit full of black market African art. They are all trash and the voters reject anyone who talks sanely and wants to get things in order. I know I know.
Y'all just the man tryin' to keep them down. Hater. Probably racists too.
AlaskanAg99
AG
The storage unit, was AC'd and on public property. No one could identify the true ownership of the art.

He gave tours through his collection. Then the issue just disappeared when Lina took over. Not sure if it's still there or not.
aTm '99
Sea Speed
AG
Wtf. The new position gets to define their role themselves? Yea, no conflict of interest there. Disgusting.

"The new administrator has 45 days to come up with a plan for exactly what the new structure will look like."
Al Bula
AG
We got one death back overnight! Would be home-invade shot dead by Mullet Man

Not shocking that Ch 13 had some grumblings and confusing, biased verbiage they injected in this story. I saw this story at least three times on the live broadcast this morning and the libtard anchor who replaced Tom Koch stated "a homeowner may face a grand jury for shooting a suspected home invader" (paraphrasing), but that is some garbage! It completely contradicts what HCSO officer stated.
Sea Speed
AG
They legitimately despise law abiding citizens who protect themselves

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.