Houston
Sponsored by

***2018 HLSR thread***

30,106 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw him in OKC this summer as part of show #4 of 4 on a Saturday night. The first show ran long, and he didn't start playing until just before midnight and didn't stop until around 3:15. It was badass
tlh3842
AG
David_Puddy said:

Badass show last night.....just a shame it was a) only an hour (as expected) & b) that I didn't get to hear my favorite of his - Much Too Young to Feel This Damn Old.

I kept waiting for that song and was a bit disappointed it never came.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sometimes the calf fights back.

Linz02Ag
AG
Headed out tonight, hoping the venue is a good fit for his set
Diggity
AG
report back on the show. I hear the upcoming album is going to be a pretty huge departure so I'm curious if he'll play anything from that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Was 4 for 4 at cookoff. 3 for 3 so far at rodeo but definitely dragging ass. Trying to pull off the mythical 20 for 20 feat. Last year I did 19 of 20. The 2nd weekend is what always gets me. Thursday is usually a big night, Friday is my Auction, Saturday is lamb and goat auction then EAC party, and Sunday is Tejano day. Monday is awful.
digging tunnels
AG
I still don't know how you do it man

Props to you

Hope to see ya out there. For sure I'll be at EAC party
spadilly
S
Tine legend.
jetch17
AG
FWA keepsin it real
Liquid Wrench
Reading that made me tired.
Linz02Ag
AG
SJL started the calf scramble
n_touch
Linz02Ag said:

Did they catch her?
Linz02Ag
AG
n_touch said:

Linz02Ag said:

Did they catch her?

lmao
Post removed:
by user
Linz02Ag
AG
Bun B cameo FTMFW
n_touch
Happened last year too. Didnt see that one though must have been blocked by the big screen.
BoxingAg84
Linz02Ag said:

Bun B cameo FTMFW
They had to crowbar him in somehow because Bridges was a snoozer.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I expected Leon to be better.
Ag_07
AG
Word out here today is the show last night was not very well attended and boring.
Diggity
AG
not a great show?
Dr. Horrible
Sasappis said:

n_touch said:

Linz02Ag said:

Did they catch her?

We didn't even talk about the calf that nearly got killed on Garth night. The cow didn't move for a very long time and was limp on the ground. The officials came and surrounded it and wouldn't let the girl drag the lifeless cow into the square.
That actually happens a lot, and it is never a big deal...
Dr. Horrible
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Was 4 for 4 at cookoff. 3 for 3 so far at rodeo but definitely dragging ass. Trying to pull off the mythical 20 for 20 feat. Last year I did 19 of 20. The 2nd weekend is what always gets me. Thursday is usually a big night, Friday is my Auction, Saturday is lamb and goat auction then EAC party, and Sunday is Tejano day. Monday is awful.
Today is the first day in about 2 weeks that I won't be on grounds... Although, I was still there at 4am this morning from last night, so not sure if that counts as me being there for Saturday or not...
Guitarsoup
AG
Veal
Ragoo
AG

he plays soul/gospel music. The rodeo and NRG doesn't really seem to be his type of venue.
TXAG 05
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Today is the first day in about 2 weeks that I won't be on grounds... Although, I was still there at 4am this morning from last night, so not sure if that counts as me being there for Saturday or not...

Same here. Missing today for a funeral out of town
swimmerbabe11
His horn section also didn't show up and that is about half an hour of solos at a normal show. They basically couldn't work out $$$ and instead are playing with Nathaniel Ratliffe and the Night sweats except for on special occasions.

This was the first show without it, so I was curious how it would go
Liquid Wrench
Sucks. I like his music, but I didn't go either so I guess I was part of the problem.
xMusashix
AG
Anybody have an idea of what time the rodeo wraps up and the concert typically starts on a Sunday?

Taking my kids this afternoon to see Alesia Cara but we can't get their till closer to 5...

Thanks
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
We walked out at 7pm last night
Ag_07
AG
Alright...Been thinking about this for years and just thought to ask on here.

Someone on Corral Club spill the beans on the milk punch recipe. Or just tell what pre mixed base they use.
Boo Weekley
Ragoo said:

he plays soul/gospel music. The rodeo and NRG doesn't really seem to be his type of venue.
I thought it would have been a great show if the sound quality didnt absolutely suck. The music sounded great, his voice was on point, but you couldn't understand 80% of his words/lyrics....even when he was trying to talk to the crowd. I miss the dome for the Rodeo shows.

It is a weird venue for him, but we were in chill mode and found ourselves loving the music.
agnerd
AG
Bull riding was legit last night. Only one guy made it 8 seconds, but the bull head-butted him and stepped on him after throwing him off. He was down on the dirt for a few minutes and looked like at least one bone in his face was broken when he was being helped off. Another cowboy got his head slammed into a post by a bull, but luckily he had a helmet on. Was still a little dazed when he got up.

Bulls 7, Cowboys 1*.
* Don't know if you can call getting stepped-on and head-butted by a bull and losing consciousness a win. Money he won probably won't even cover the medical bills.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
As much as I hate to admit it, I liked the concert last night. The last time they played the music was slow and boring the entire time. I thought the played an upbeat set. One caveat to my analysis, I did just watch 3 awful shows in a row.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
agnerd said:

Bull riding was legit last night. Only one guy made it 8 seconds, but the bull head-butted him and stepped on him after throwing him off. He was down on the dirt for a few minutes and looked like at least one bone in his face was broken when he was being helped off. Another cowboy got his head slammed into a post by a bull, but luckily he had a helmet on. Was still a little dazed when he got up.

Bulls 7, Cowboys 1*.
* Don't know if you can call getting stepped-on and head-butted by a bull and losing consciousness a win. Money he won probably won't even cover the medical bills.
The 1st round of the super series is usually dominated by the bulls.
David_Puddy
AG

As much as I hate to admit it, I liked the concert last night. The last time they played the music was slow and boring the entire time. I thought the played an upbeat set. One caveat to my analysis, I did just watch 3 awful shows in a row.

See you esta noche amigo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.