Houston
Sponsored by

***2018 HLSR thread***

30,134 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RPM said:

agz win said:

RPM said:

and Aggie football weekends have fallen off my list of priorities.

Did you hear that Jimbo Fisher is our new coach? He's won a national championship trophy.
yep still have a few less f cks to give.

Gig em jimbo, I'll be pissing in my own home and drinking cheaper beer whilst I regale myself on memories of yon elder days of northgate and tailgating...

Gave up season tickets due to being priced out of 110 and the sun still rises in the east.
I have just about run out of F's as well. Don't have kids yet so the rodeo is fun once a year or every other yr and I'll go to maybe one A&M game a year mostly to hang with friends, but w/ regards to Aggie FB, I have reached the "STFU and prove it on the field" stage. I realize we got Jimbo and that he won lots of games with 4-5 star loaded teams in the ACC when that conference was mostly down overall...and I was pretty excited to get him...but even if we landed Saban of Dabo, I'd still be taking a "wait and see" approach. People are going to be jumping off bridges when we only win 7-8 games this yr.

Cliff's notes: New coach? Cool, prove it on the field.
David_Puddy
AG
You're obviously not going to the right tailgates then. Tailgating is just as fun as the game.
tmaggies
AG
RPM said:

Rodeo was a lot easier to do when I lived inside the loop, had less work responsibilites and no kid.

Now all three of those things have changed and it is funny how quickly the insignificant bullsh t like HLSR and Aggie football weekends have fallen off my list of priorities.

Learned to take those "Kids" to at least one or two Aggie games a year as a parent. Also got those same "Kids" involved with those stock shows. The reward has been one Aggie grad and another Aggie student entering his senior year. Let's not forget watching the third "Kid" win a first place in a competitive competition at the bullsh t HLSR. Yep don't have my priorities correct.
Al Bula
AG
tmaggies said:

Also got those same "Kids" involved with those stock shows.
That's awesome and definitely something we will encourage in a few years. My favorite part of HLSR was serving on the Livestock Committee and working with the families that traveled from all over the state to participate.

Unfortunately real life comes first.
tmaggies
AG
RPM said:

tmaggies said:

Also got those same "Kids" involved with those stock shows.
That's awesome and definitely something we will encourage in a few years. My favorite part of HLSR was serving on the Livestock Committee and working with the families that traveled from all over the state to participate.

Unfortunately real life comes first.

I'm glad you saw the "wink"

I would highly recommend the Agricultural route for the kids. It has bestowed many blessings on our family!
Diggity
AG
you might need to investigate the work/play/live balance if going to a rodeo event or football game is an impossibility.
Liquid Wrench
Lots of defensiveness going on here.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Diggity said:

you might need to investigate the work/play/live balance if going to a rodeo event or football game is an impossibility.

Prioritization is key.

I've made a conscious choice that I'd rather spend as much of my free time as possible on the water or in the woods rather than football games or rodeo events. And I'm happier for it.
Diggity
AG
nothing wrong with that
Al Bula
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

Diggity said:

Prioritization is key.

I've made a conscious choice that I'd rather spend as much of my free time as possible on the water or in the woods rather than football games or rodeo events. And I'm happier for it.
talmbout
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Prioritization is key.

You're not honoring your Aggie-ra-cultural heritage if you're not dressing up in a costume and getting drunk on the grounds of NRG park for three and a half weeks straight.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Prioritization is key.

You're not honoring your Aggie-ra-cultural heritage if you're not dressing up in a costume and getting drunk on the grounds of NRG park for three and a half weeks straight.

I'll deal with it.

Taking my 7-year old son fishing tomorrow. We're floating the Colorado above Bastrop and fly fishing. Typical mixed bag will have 4 species of black bass (largemouth, Guadalupe, smallmouth, and spotted bass), white bass, various species of sunfish, gaspergou, carp, and even gar.
Boo Weekley
David_Puddy said:

You're obviously not going to the right tailgates then. Tailgating is just as fun as the game.
No doubt...I lied...I usually come up for prob two tailgates a year and have much more fun than I do in the games. The only possible exception was in 2012...some of those games were funner than any sporting event I've ever attended in my life. I was thinking in terms of actually attending games...prob 1 per year. Hoping Jimbo can turn things around in short order but I have begun to believe we may just be cursed.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I feel like the past 26 post are guys who have kids trying to validate life in the burbs and have no real input for rodeo.
Dr. Horrible
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I feel like the past 26 post are guys who have kids trying to validate life in the burbs and have no real input for rodeo.
Panama Red
AG
I think we all should be thankful RPM has stepped up to fill the void left by metalTim/62strat moving as "poster you'd least like to spend time with"
Al Bula
AG
Panama Red said:

I think we all should be thankful RPM has stepped up to fill the void left by metalTim/62strat moving as "poster you'd least like to spend time with"
Woohoo! A mantle I will proudly wear.
David_Puddy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Prioritization is key.

"Dressing up in a costume?" What the hell are you talking about? I didn't realize that wearing a cowboy hat (which if you grew up in Texas, you should own one anyway) was a costume. Even if you don't own a hat, you should damn sure own a pair of boots. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Nobody ever called anyone else out for not going every night. That move is only for the strong like FWA. 99% of the rest of us cannot do it. However he is a someone that is very active and involved in rodeo and has been a huge part of raising a lot of money which is going to kids scholarships......is that "insignificant" in your eyes? I was at one of the auctions the other day and the majority of the kids were getting scholarships to go to A&M......is that "insignificant" too? Without kids wanting to grow up in the agricultural world, you wouldn't be able to brag about how your Texas raised prime cut steak that you grill in your backyard is better than any trash that Pappas Brothers cooks. It seems like it may be hard for you, but try not to be an idiot.....or head on back to the General Board.
RK
AG
I believe he's carrying the banner for the annual jja and Austin county ag "costume" diatribes.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
David_Puddy said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Prioritization is key.

"Dressing up in a costume?" What the hell are you talking about? I didn't realize that wearing a cowboy hat (which if you grew up in Texas, you should own one anyway) was a costume. Even if you don't own a hat, you should damn sure own a pair of boots. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Nobody ever called anyone else out for not going every night. That move is only for the strong like FWA. 99% of the rest of us cannot do it. However he is a someone that is very active and involved in rodeo and has been a huge part of raising a lot of money which is going to kids scholarships......is that "insignificant" in your eyes? I was at one of the auctions the other day and the majority of the kids were getting scholarships to go to A&M......is that "insignificant" too? Without kids wanting to grow up in the agricultural world, you wouldn't be able to brag about how your Texas raised prime cut steak that you grill in your backyard is better than any trash that Pappas Brothers cooks. It seems like it may be hard for you, but try not to be an idiot.....or head on back to the General Board.
Your Friend
The rodeo blows but wearing a western outfit to work every year for go texan day is fun. And being a part time rancher, I don't consider it a costume
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

The rodeo blows but wearing a western outfit to work every year for go texan day is fun. And being a part time rancher, I don't consider it a costume

Here is your attention freak, now go play in traffic.
Ag_07
AG
The rodeo is one of those thing that is what you make of it.

If only go a couple times on the busiest of nights and show up only for the concert then yeah it sucks. I can see that. But if you go and spend some time out there and get to know some of the people working and/or kids participating and see some of the shows, animals, auctions, etc then it's awesome. I spend a bit of time out there (not FWA type time) and the actual rodeo/concert is my least favorite part.

Yes committeemen party quite a bit out there, but a great number of them work their asses off to make it all happen. The amount of time and effort some put in is astonishing considering they're volunteers.
Remember The Astrodome
AG
David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Why is that an attention freak? These people are no different than a person Cosplaying at a comic convention. You just so happen to enjoy one of them.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
AgOrb said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Why is that an attention freak? These people are no different than a person Cosplaying at a comic convention. You just so happen to enjoy one of them.

He's been stalking DP on Texags and IRL for over a decade
Liquid Wrench
Relax, FWA seems like a good guy. We're all pulling our shifts, though no cowboy hat for me.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Relax, FWA seems like a good guy. We're all pulling our shifts, though no cowboy hat for me.

Im tired of reading your crap over the years. I thought for va while you were a satarical poster, but that seems to be false.

And I don't need your validation, I have helped support 20 young adults get scholarships to A&M while being a part of a committee at HLSR.
Liquid Wrench
I hope I never care about Texags status as much as you and puddles do.
TexAgs1992
This thread needs pics of attractive ladies in boots and **** talking of Luke Bryan now more than ever.
Panama Red
AG
To paraphrase a poster from a few years ago:

I wear slacks and a nice shirt to the office everyday pretending to be a respectable human being, whats wrong with dressing up and pretending to be a cowboy a few nights a year?

HLSR is awesome. Haters can move to Dallas or Katy.
TEXAG1996
AG
Anybody looking to unload 4 tickets to tonight's show please DM me.
Wocka Wocka
AG
I haven't read a post of this thread, so I am not sure if this is a dick measuring contest or if there's actual useful information present.

I just got two tickets for tonight's show, does anyone know, roughly, when the actual concert begins?
The Wonderer
AG
Wocka Wocka said:

I haven't read a post of this thread, so I am not sure if this is a dick measuring contest or if there's actual useful information present.

I just got two tickets for tonight's show, does anyone know, roughly, when the actual concert begins?
Roughly 850-9pm.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
around 845pm.
David_Puddy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I hope I never care about Texags status as much as you and puddles do.

Didn't realize that raising money to help kids go to college was all for "Texags status." Why must you continue to make yourself look like an idiot with each and every post?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.