Houston
Sponsored by

***2018 HLSR thread***

30,139 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like Leon Bridges a lot. I don't know if it's going to be a good venue for him though
Dallas10
Wheres the best place to park tonight if you do not have a parking pass? Does anyone have a pass for sale?
Ag_07
AG
There will be no good place to park tonight. That place will be a complete CF.
David_Puddy
AG
Park in the Med Center somewhere and take the rail a couple of stops. Seems like that would be easier/better than fighting a clusterf-ck of a parking lot after the show.
MAROON
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Does that mean the average tine boarder is getting older and not making it out as much
Guilty. Worked during the day and was too tired to walk through the sea of people by the time our teams were done. It's gotten too crowded to just run into people I know, so I'm less inclined to go unless I need to see specific people.
Guilty - Drinking beer in a tent with a few friends surrounded by a bunch of people I don't l know, while listening to a DJ or some cover band is just not that interesting to me.
Liquid Wrench
Dallas10 said:

Wheres the best place to park tonight if you do not have a parking pass? Does anyone have a pass for sale?
Might try Reed Road lot off of 288 and take the shuttle from there.
Boo Weekley
Going to Leon Bridges Friday night with another couple. Pretty pumped but also wondering how this type of venue is going to suit him.
schmellba99
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Christ Stapleton is the only one I'm kinda interested in. Luke Bryan might be interesting for watching 20 year old girls grinding on each other.
He's one, Zac Brown Band is the other. Admittedly, I don't know all of the names on the list so some of them may actually be good and I just haven't heard of them while living under my rock.

Luke Bryan would be to watch the trim only, outside of that everything about him makes me want to club baby seals in front of a pre-k class at PETA headquarters.
David_Puddy
AG
Cody Johnson is much better than Luke Bryan and there will be just as much hot ass there.
reedsterg
AG
I have a green parking pass for tonight that I would be willing to let go for $50.

I also have 4 club level seats and a green parking pass to Leon Bridges if anyone is interested.
Dallas10
Can I download the parking pass?
Ag_07
AG
Just a heads up that I just purchased a ride pass from Uber.

It's $4.99 and it locks you into a $6.49 rate for all rides for 28 days.

Figured it was a good purchase to avoid crazy rodeo surge pricing.
Dallas10
If so, I'll take it!
Two Down
AG
Bad news...

Quote:

What trips does a ride pass cover?
Offer details vary by pass, but eligible trips must meet the following requirements:
- Start and end within your city's eligible pass area
- Cost less than the maximum value (varies by pass)

If you're riding with a ride pass and the original cost of the ride exceeds the maximum value, you'll be charged the flat fare plus an overage. If the original cost of the ride is less than the flat fare, you pay the lower price.
So likely will save you SOME money but you're not going to get dirt cheap rides during surge times either.
Ag_07
AG
Interesting

Oh well we'll see. If it doesn't save me anything I'm out $4.99. No biggie. Figure it's worth a shot
water turkey
We're going Saturday and have a blue parking lot pass. Is that a good parking lot?
StillNotAnAggie
How much for the Leon Bridges tickets and parking pass?
thann07
AG
Beware flashseats.

I just got bumped out of tickets I bought on flashseats by somebody with tickets for the same seatsafter getting scanned in twice (to get into the rodeo and to get into NRG). Nobody here seems to understand how flashseats normally works, and guest services said ours were "hacked."
Crazy Ag 97
AG
thann07 said:

Beware flashseats.

I just got bumped out of tickets I bought on flashseats by somebody with tickets for the same seatsafter getting scanned in twice (to get into the rodeo and to get into NRG). Nobody here seems to understand how flashseats normally works, and guest services said ours were "hacked."

Yours weren't hacked, the original owner converted to flashseats, sold the flashseats and then used the voided original stub to claim you somehow got hacked tickets. Once the flashseats are created, the original paper tickets are void. Guest services got it wrong and screwed you.
YellAg2004
AG
What a cluster **** of fail by HLSR. They stopped scanning tickets and just let everyone who was in line in through the gates.
Shooz in Katy
AG
YellAg2004 said:

What a cluster **** of fail by HLSR. They stopped scanning tickets and just let everyone who was in line in through the gates.

That's inexcusable. What idiots.
No me importa, we has Yimbo!!
thann07
AG
Agreed. But they didn't don't know WTF flashseats even were.

Would've never happened at Kyle.

At least they did give us some seats in a similar section (but in a handicapped area where people were in the seats when we got there another situation to deal with).

Garth better be good. Has not been fun so far.
Al Bula
AG
That sucks. Y'all should report this to a news station. Seems HLSR puts money above safety and security. That was always the case but this is proof.

Willing to bet some scrub on Snapchat filmed it if true. You can view snaps by location.

I love HLSR season as much as any good Houston Texan but this nonsense needs to be reported.

- signed
An old with an infant
Al Bula
AG
Never mind already the top story on ktrk
TXAG 05
AG
Garth played about an hour. Normal rodeo concert length.
Ag_07
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Glad I didn't shell out for secondary market tickets for an hour of concert time. I was kinda bummed I wasn't going but sounds like I didn't miss too much.
AgLiving06
It was a solid concert.

Getting into the blue lot was a cluster. It's pretty clear the staff had no idea how to get cars to the right area and to get them parked.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
AgLiving06 said:

It was a solid concert.

Getting into the blue lot was a cluster. It's pretty clear the staff had no idea how to get cars to the right area and to get them parked.

Agreed. It was a good show, worth the hassle with free tickets. We. Gave up on blue lot years ago, we just park downtown at the office and take the train. It's about the only thing that waste of money is good for.
TXAG 05
AG
Ag_07 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Glad I didn't shell out for secondary market tickets for an hour of concert time. I was kinda bummed I wasn't going but sounds like I didn't miss too much.

It was still a great concert. Wasn't expexting him to play any longer than he did. I can see the closing show going a little longer, but who knows
PapaKilo
AG
Getting our of yellow lot is a cluster. Hopefully they get the traffic figured out.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Played a little more than 1 hour, pretty solid show and I'm not a Garth fan but he's always been an entertaining show. Did anyone think the sound was way better than years past?
As far as parking; Gate 5, Maroon lot for the win, home in Sugar Land before 11:00
jswags
AG
Still sitting in the green lot. This is horrible. Haven't moved in an hour.
TXAG14
Used flashseats and worked just like at Kyle. Garth was great. Loved the GS tribute. I always park on the street next to Cavenders. It's free and am always out before people in the lots.
nonameag99
TXAG14 said:

Loved the GS tribute.
Golden Shower?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
BSD
AG
sixbarag said:

Played a little more than 1 hour, pretty solid show and I'm not a Garth fan but he's always been an entertaining show. Did anyone think the sound was way better than years past?
As far as parking; Gate 5, Maroon lot for the win, home in Sugar Land before 11:00

The sound was MUCH better than years past. We also parked in Maroon. It was a straight shot onto the loop with absolutely zero trafffic and was home in 15 minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.