Houston
Sponsored by

***2018 HLSR thread***

30,031 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep your head up. Maybe next year you will get the invite and will get a chance to see or be seen by us 1%ers.
Ag_07
AG
Man sounds like a lot of people on here trying to make themselves feel better because they didn't get to go and have a good time. #FOMO
Jock 07
AG
texaslodge said:

AustinCountyAg said:

A 90 min Garth brooks show in NRG during rodeo is like eating a cold Whataburger hamburger. It would do nothing but piss me off.

It's unfortunate for those who missed his shows at Toyota center a couple years ago. They would know what a hot, made to order Whataburger tastes like.

Yeah. Pay to see a short Garth 60-75 minute set in a cavernous 75k stadium or pay the same price to sit down in the lower level to see a 3+ hour long show in an 18k arena a few years back.

This definitely seemed more like the "see and be seen" type event because of the Rodeo.

Your posting history suggests you're a ticket broker and you're butt hurt cause you couldn't get tickets for the show last night? Weird. Didn't realize my $30 tickets in sec 118 qualifies me to be in the "seen and be seen" crowd but sweet, hope a lot of folks saw me.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag_07 said:

Man sounds like a lot of people on here trying to make themselves feel better because they didn't get to go and have a good time. #FOMO
I didn't see Garth, but found a way to have a good time anyway.

Dr. Horrible
Jock 07 said:

texaslodge said:

AustinCountyAg said:

A 90 min Garth brooks show in NRG during rodeo is like eating a cold Whataburger hamburger. It would do nothing but piss me off.

It's unfortunate for those who missed his shows at Toyota center a couple years ago. They would know what a hot, made to order Whataburger tastes like.

Yeah. Pay to see a short Garth 60-75 minute set in a cavernous 75k stadium or pay the same price to sit down in the lower level to see a 3+ hour long show in an 18k arena a few years back.

This definitely seemed more like the "see and be seen" type event because of the Rodeo.

Your posting history suggests you're a ticket broker and you're butt hurt cause you couldn't get tickets for the show last night? Weird. Didn't realize my $30 tickets in sec 118 qualifies me to be in the "seen and be seen" crowd but sweet, hope a lot of folks saw me.
More importantly, I didn't know you could get $30 lower level tickets to the show a few years back...
Diggity
AG
yeah, the face value prices weren't remotely similar, even before accounting for the "livestock show and rodeo" part of the event.
BigPuma
AG
Jackal99 said:

BigPuma said:

The guy in the row in front of me was doing the same so I would look over his shoulder for updates
What section were you in?
Jackal99
AG
BigPuma said:

Jackal99 said:

BigPuma said:

The guy in the row in front of me was doing the same so I would look over his shoulder for updates
What section were you in?

Not me, then. Though I was watching the game on my phone.
aTm2004
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

MAROON said:

So two shows and he didn't play Much to Young to feel this damn old........a song about rodeo?

He played it at sound check so yeah surprised he didn't play it either show. Great but quick show. And Garth can't run around like he used too although he tried. Was huffing and puffing running on the dirt. Love how he showcases his band - they come out in front with him a lot and most have been with him for 25+ yeats.
I remember back in the early-90's when he played the Rodeo, my dad went with one of his friends (who had a badge and could use it for Garth) and my dad said they didn't even bring out the stage.

I've seen him twice (Sevens tour in like '98 and in Vegas in '10) and really enjoyed both shows. Back in the day, you would be hard pressed to find a better concert/show to go see.
David_Puddy
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

we had the game on in the suite

......and about the time it ended was when the train started heading downhill
agnerd
AG
texaslodge said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Same price? My $18 lolpoor nosebleed tickets in the 600s were a much better value than paying $100 for the nosebleed toyota center tickets. Also seemed like we were closer to the stage on the sideline of a football stadium than the endzone of a basketball stadium (even though we probalby weren't). Bonus, I got to actually choose my seat location between the stage and bucking bulls instead of being assigned a random seat. Rodeo for me was a much better experience than the "real" concert.
Jasomania
AG
agnerd said:

texaslodge said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Same price? My $18 lolpoor nosebleed tickets in the 600s were a much better value than paying $100 for the nosebleed toyota center tickets. Also seemed like we were closer to the stage on the sideline of a football stadium than the endzone of a basketball stadium (even though we probalby weren't). Bonus, I got to actually choose my seat location between the stage and bucking bulls instead of being assigned a random seat. Rodeo for me was a much better experience than the "real" concert.
I went to one of his shows a couple of years ago when he was in town and all tickets were the same price, $75 no matter where you were. It's not as cheap as the rodeo tickets clearly, but still paying $75 for some of the best seats I've ever had at Toyota center was not too bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.