Houston
Sponsored by

***2018 HLSR thread***

30,128 Views | 290 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jasomania
Silky Johnston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn, you people sure do care a whole lot about how others choose to spend their time.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Liquid Wrench
Burn-It
AG
Just got free chute seats fall into my lap for Chris Stapleton, freakin' awesome!
AKA 13-0
stroodles
AG
For anyone going tonight y'all yell loud for my daughter Molly during the mutton bustin.
David_Puddy
AG
As long as you don't care if I'm drunk.....I'll do it
Your Friend
David_Puddy said:

As long as you don't care if I'm drunk.....I'll do it

A girlfriend told me last night that JT would make a surprise appearance tonight. Have you heard that rumor?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Burn-It said:

Just got free chute seats fall into my lap for Chris Stapleton, freakin' awesome!
Those are badass seats. $300ea for those bad boys.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Anyone looking to dispose of a parking pass for Sunday ? Want to take my 3 year old Sunday morning to see the animals.
AustinCountyAg
Lol
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Sunday isn't the best day to see the animals since they're moving out

But given how crowded it's going to be, I recommend parking at reed road and ride in or paying to park off fannin.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Make sure to take her to the Llama and Alpaca costume contest in the NRG arena
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Day 20. Hang in there liver
Jock 07
AG
Headed to the show tonight, would prefer to convert paper tickets to flash seats but remember reading the ticket folks having issues taking flashseats. Is that still the case or have they figured it out. Basically don't want to be delayed getting into the show.
Dr. Horrible
Jock 07 said:

Headed to the show tonight, would prefer to convert paper tickets to flash seats but remember reading the ticket folks having issues taking flashseats. Is that still the case or have they figured it out. Basically don't want to be delayed getting into the show.
If you do that I'd just recommend you do the card reader option rather that try to scan on your phone. For that matter, I recommend that at any flashseats location, and having two cards registered just in case.
n_touch
Anyone go tonight? How was it?
john2002ag
Didn't go opening night, but tonight was good. Thought it was really short, but I have no frame of reference. Don't know why the rodeo would set a time limit on a performer of his caliber.
john2002ag
Also, they said it was an all time attendence record of over 75k.
TXAGFAN
AG
john2002ag said:

Didn't go opening night, but tonight was good. Thought it was really short, but I have no frame of reference. Don't know why the rodeo would set a time limit on a performer of his caliber.
It was a little short compared to my previous concerts with him at arena shows, but I thought it was a good/full setlist with a lot of hits.

He's still very good. I like Trisha too so that was nice for him to catch his breath and close out.
AustinCountyAg
A 90 min Garth brooks show in NRG during rodeo is like eating a cold Whataburger hamburger. It would do nothing but piss me off.

It's unfortunate for those who missed his shows at Toyota center a couple years ago. They would know what a hot, made to order Whataburger tastes like.
TexAgs1992
It was closer to 75 minutes but he played all the hits and did a hell of a job. Really glad I decided to go.
TXAG 05
AG
It was basically the same show as opening night, except for the 2 songs with Trisha and keg played Amarillo By Morning instead of Fireman. Still a great show, anyone complaining about it is a moron
MAROON
AG
So two shows and he didn't play Much to Young to feel this damn old........a song about rodeo?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
If you want to nitpick, fine, but he put on 2 damn good shows Graff were worth the $.

And trust me, after 20 days, I'm much too young to feel this damn old.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Was going to Garth worth missing the A&M basketball game?
john2002ag
New invention called DVR helped me. Look into it.
Liquid Wrench
Aggie09Derek said:

Was going to Garth worth missing the A&M basketball game?

Was working a committee shift and missing both worth it?

Life is a series of compromises.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Lol at thinking watching a game after the fact is near the same.

I'm sure it was great to be at Garth tonight but for many people they had already seen him a time or two before.
Jock 07
AG
I was able to keep one eye on the events in the stadium and one on the game, this new-fangled phone streaming seems to be a novel concept, I really think it might catch on. Even though I'm not much of a fan of that type of country music I thought it was a pretty kickass concert. This was my first show in probably 10 years or so. Pretty cool to see all of the changes and all the familiar sites as well.
Liquid Wrench
Glad you had a good time.
BigPuma
AG
The guy in the row in front of me was doing the same so I would look over his shoulder for updates
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
we had the game on in the suite
Big Al 1992
AG
MAROON said:

So two shows and he didn't play Much to Young to feel this damn old........a song about rodeo?

He played it at sound check so yeah surprised he didn't play it either show. Great but quick show. And Garth can't run around like he used too although he tried. Was huffing and puffing running on the dirt. Love how he showcases his band - they come out in front with him a lot and most have been with him for 25+ yeats.
Jackal99
AG
BigPuma said:

The guy in the row in front of me was doing the same so I would look over his shoulder for updates

What section were you in?
texaslodge
AustinCountyAg said:

A 90 min Garth brooks show in NRG during rodeo is like eating a cold Whataburger hamburger. It would do nothing but piss me off.

It's unfortunate for those who missed his shows at Toyota center a couple years ago. They would know what a hot, made to order Whataburger tastes like.

Yeah. Pay to see a short Garth 60-75 minute set in a cavernous 75k stadium or pay the same price to sit down in the lower level to see a 3+ hour long show in an 18k arena a few years back.

This definitely seemed more like the "see and be seen" type event because of the Rodeo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.