Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone else getting screwed on car and home insurance?

70,812 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by aTmLoKi
fulshearAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I would also like to add that Casey at Goosehead is great. We've used him in the past. Just not a great fit for current requirements.
Silky Johnston
I've emailed him twice now without a response. Any other suggestions out there?
Ajollyag
Silky Johnston said:

I've emailed him twice now without a response. Any other suggestions out there?

I have a college friend who i use. I live in Bryan, but she works out of Austin. Works for goosehead. Saved me a ton of money

haileigh.oliver@goosehead.com
HistoryAg
Long time luker, first time poster on this forum. Stumbled across this thread and decided to finally shop my Home/Auto Insurance. I received quotes from Goosehead and a previous sponsor on TexAgs. Both agencies basically represented the same insurance companies but Goosehead wanted to charge me to do business with them. $80 for my Auto Insurance & $200 for my Home Insurance. I went with the other agency since they did not charge me for my business.
HistoryAg
MarylandAG
Talked to Casey today, excellent customer service and very patient explaining things to me. He saved me $524 per year on premiums with better overall coverage. Better coverage on dwelling, other structures, and personal liability, and decreased my deductibles by half. I should have called sooner, I would recommend calling them to anyone, very pleased. He made it easy and painless, and this coming from me who doesn't do change very well at all. I have had the same auto policy for at least 20 years, that tell you how much I don't like change
GooseheadInsurance
MarylandAG said:

Talked to Casey today, excellent customer service and very patient explaining things to me. He saved me $524 per year on premiums with better overall coverage. Better coverage on dwelling, other structures, and personal liability, and decreased my deductibles by half. I should have called sooner, I would recommend calling them to anyone, very pleased. He made it easy and painless, and this coming from me who doesn't do change very well at all. I have had the same auto policy for at least 20 years, that tell you how much I don't like change

Preciate you reaching out, always a pleasure to help. Change isn't difficult when it makes sense.
GooseheadInsurance
I'm sorry to hear this, I looked back over 2 months of emails and didn't receive anything. I'm still happy to help if you need assistance.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie71013
AG
If you're in Texas, my understanding is Amica used to (or maybe still does) have great customer service, but a few years ago drastically raised prices and don't really want to be in the state anymore. It used to be like the old USAA with good prices and great customer service. Last time I got a quote they were several thousand more than USAA.
K Bo
AG
I recently renewed my homeowner's & auto insurances with Casey and I'm still saving vs the alternatives. The positive experiences continue!
Diggity
AG
Amica shot up for me and my claims adjuster was awful the one time I had to make one, so I bailed.

Since it's a mutual, I'm sure it's been a good year to be a member. I would guess the dividend is quite a big higher.
Sazerac
AG
Still with Amica.
Seems high but Casey couldn't find anything better.
We have had excellent service for my wife's incidents (probably why it seems so high).
bigbass1170
AG
Signed up last year and saved $1000 on home, cars, boat, and umbrella. Saved another $800 this year on cars with Casey.
case04
AG
Hello everyone, hope y'all are okay and we are on the back end of this. Below are some claim numbers in the event that you do need to file a claim with your insurance provider

Remember, get some quotes on water restoration before you call your carrier to decide if you need to file. If you call the claims # they will open up a claim regardless if it turns out to be a $0 claim or more. Take pictures, and try to minimize the damage. Power has been steady for me today, if you need anything feel free to reach out

casey.woodfin@goosehead.com

Berkshire Hathaway Guard claims #

1-888-638-2567

Homeowners of America

1-866-407-9896

Sagesure

800-481-0661

Allied Trust

1-844-200-2842

UPC

888-256-3378

USAA

800-531-8722

Allstate

1-800-255-7828

State Farm

800-732-5246

Farmers

1-800-435-7764

Amica

1-800-242-6422
Skillet Shot
Are home insurance rates rising due to lumber costs? Just got a quote that is way higher than normal.
PeekingDuck
AG
Replacement costs, crazy ass weather, because they want more money... etc
Deepslant
AG
Just used Casey at Goosehead who saved me $800/yr on Home/Auto. Give him a shot, nothing to lose.
Pos_Vibes_Neg_Results
AG
Casey at Goosehead is the guy! Never met a more genuine guy. For the last three years, he has always been a phone call or email away, especially when insurance was the last thing on my mind during multiple floods. Their new tool ( https://quotes.goosehead.com/?id=005C000000A9zZZIAZ ) has only brought ease to the table.
SnowboardAg
AG
Casey just hooked me up with insurance today. He shopped everything for me today and saved me about 800 compared to my renewal premiums on existing policies. On top of that, I got better coverage / limits as well.

Strongly recommend you just give him a chance. Unfortunately, loyalty with insurance providers results in just paying more. You want to know why you're paying more - just count the number of insurance commercials you see on Saturday and Sunday.
case04
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Casey just hooked me up with insurance today. He shopped everything for me today and saved me about 800 compared to my renewal premiums on existing policies. On top of that, I got better coverage / limits as well.

Strongly recommend you just give him a chance. Unfortunately, loyalty with insurance providers results in just paying more. You want to know why you're paying more - just count the number of insurance commercials you see on Saturday and Sunday.
preciate your business, glad we were able to connect this year!!
94chem
As the first person on this thread who mentioned Goosehead, I believe some sort of recognition is in order. Whatcha say, Casey, one year of private college tuition sound about right?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TraditionsPD
AG
Awesome experience today. We went with SafeCo because of replacement of OEM on auto. Casey was super patient and answered all our questions on home, auto and umbrella policies.
Aggie71013
AG
Everyone seeing large increases due to increased cost of building materials on homeowners? Recently got my renewal and it went up about 25% from last year. Got quotes from all the usual players and Goosehead online and they were all higher than my prior year rate.

Anyone getting decent rates?
case04
AG
TraditionsPD said:

Awesome experience today. We went with SafeCo because of replacement of OEM on auto. Casey was super patient and answered all our questions on home, auto and umbrella policies.
Preciate you reaching out and thank you for your business!!
case04
AG
Aggie71013 said:

Everyone seeing large increases due to increased cost of building materials on homeowners? Recently got my renewal and it went up about 25% from last year. Got quotes from all the usual players and Goosehead online and they were all higher than my prior year rate.

Anyone getting decent rates?
most carriers will be bumping up Dwelling values at renewal, always a good idea to have the "Additional replacement cost" endorsement on your policy as well, this will help cover extra rebuilding costs that are outside of your control.
case04
AG
94chem said:

As the first person on this thread who mentioned Goosehead, I believe some sort of recognition is in order. Whatcha say, Casey, one year of private college tuition sound about right?
college tuition might be a stretch but shoot me an email, I'd love to send you a gift.

Thank y'all very much for trusting me, I've helped a ton of Ags thanks to this thread!
k20dub
AG
Just wanted to give this thread a bump. I had State Farm blow up my phone the last couple of months trying to get me to switch. They sent me aggressive quotes so I checked with Casey at Goosehead to see if he could do any better since I was already with him. He took care of me and now I don't have to worry about dealing with switching insurances. Definitely recommend Casey!
94chem
case04 said:

94chem said:

college tuition might be a stretch but shoot me an email, I'd love to send you a gift.

Thank y'all very much for trusting me, I've helped a ton of Ags thanks to this thread!
Ha, thanks. I'm atm94unc98 in the googleworld.

My Goosehead guy got me an affordable policy on my beach house (to go with my condo rental, my RV, my house, my 4 cars, 2 teen drivers, two FEMA flood policies, and my obligatory umbrella policy). So I hope it's going well for you. I was with USAA for many years, but their homeowners just got too high.

The only policy I've had to use was when I lost my car in Harvey, and my Goosehead-shopped policy got me full NADA value, which was a very pleasant surprise.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MrJonMan
AG
Email sent
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
AggieStan
Just switched all policies to Goosehead- auto, homeowners, umbrella. Great job Casey and Nick.

....now don't raise my rates in 2023...ha

Great service.
water turkey
Casey and Cole at Goosehead have been a huge help and I have some pretty complicated insurance needs.

Highly recommend them!
aTmLoKi
AG
I've been talking to Casey for two years now. Early on, he was very honest in the fact that he could not offer anything competitive to what I was getting. This year, we were able to finally swap our auto and homeowners policies over to Goosehead because of Casey's desire to work with us and serve our family's needs. Thanks Casey!
lcj93
AG
We reached out to Casey with Goosehead and he was able to save us money on both auto and homeowners insurance while getting us better coverage. Casey was quick with replies and talked us through everything. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for auto or homeowners insurance.
case04
AG
lcj93 said:

We reached out to Casey with Goosehead and he was able to save us money on both auto and homeowners insurance while getting us better coverage. Casey was quick with replies and talked us through everything. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for auto or homeowners insurance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business. Insurance isn't the most exciting topic but if you haven't checked your rates in the past two years it's probably a good idea. Always happy to chat through some options.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.