Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone else getting screwed on car and home insurance?

70,788 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by aTmLoKi
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my mistake...I was using comprehensive when I meant collision.

duh!
94chem
Diggity said:

$100/month + deductible = drop that coverage

$100/yr, not per month. The main thing I need is good liability coverage. One thing to lose a car, but don't wanna lose my shirt too.
SECready
AG
case04 said:

Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

casey.woodfin@goosehead.com

Casey has been my insurance guy for several years now. He is great. How many more referrals do we need to get you before you sign up for TexAgs Premium?
TRIDENT
AG
I need to check my rates.
case04
AG
SECready said:

case04 said:

Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

Casey has been my insurance guy for several years now. He is great. How many more referrals do we need to get you before you sign up for TexAgs Premium?
I caved and got one. Thank y'all for all the support.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Casey shopped my policies but wasnt able to help. Wish I got the same level of service as he gives customers. Super nice guy that is very attentive to the details.

Casey, the fishing trip to Baffin still stands. Best of luck bud.
Hoelag13
AG
Worked with Casey the past couple of days to move my home and auto insurance. Casey was great to work with and I highly recommend his services!
pnut02
AG
jblaschke said:

I think you have to shop for new insurance at least every year.

We had Amica and shopped every year, but Amica was very competitive. This year, they went up a huge amount. So, we shopped and USAA was actually cheaper. Even when Amica went up in the past, they were very much higher than USAA.

We called Amica and asked if they had made some sort of mistake, and they verified that their huge increase was correct.

Just goes to show that even if you think you have the best/cheapest insurance, always spend the time to shop.
Just got off the phone with Amica and in the same situation. Homeowners up 50% from May 2017 (valued 13% higher) and Auto up 20% from Dec 2016. No claims. They've been good, but not that good. I guess it's time to shop around.
Boats and Hose
AG
Another recommendation for Casey at Goosehead. He was able to save us $600 on our homeowners insurance and keep our auto insurance premium flat but with better coverage. He also helped get us set up with an umbrella policy for a very reasonable rate. He was very patient with us and answered all our questions. This is the second year that he's helped us with our insurance and I have enjoyed working with him. I would highly recommend giving him a call!
case04
AG
Boats and Hose said:

Another recommendation for Casey at Goosehead. He was able to save us $600 on our homeowners insurance and keep our auto insurance premium flat but with better coverage. He also helped get us set up with an umbrella policy for a very reasonable rate. He was very patient with us and answered all our questions. This is the second year that he's helped us with our insurance and I have enjoyed working with him. I would highly recommend giving him a call!
Thanks, it was a pleasure helping you again!

tex2000
AG
Casey with the great customer service
pnut02
AG
Casey got me all fixed up with new insurance. Easy process and he answered all my questions. Would recommend A+++. Seriously quick process!
case04
AG
pnut02 said:

Casey got me all fixed up with new insurance. Easy process and he answered all my questions. Would recommend A+++. Seriously quick process!
Happy to help, thanks for your business!
Linz02Ag
AG
What are the companies with these low rates that Casey writes for?
case04
AG
Linz02Ag said:

What are the companies with these low rates that Casey writes for?
I've got 25 or so A rated carriers. Feel free to contact me via email, I'd love to answer any questions you might have.

lne2011
AG
Another recommendation for Casey. He helped us save ~$1,800 and we're now getting more coverage than before!

When we tried shopping for lower rates previously, everyone said they could only lower our rates by lowering the coverage.

Thanks for all your hard work Casey and for getting us more for less!
case04
AG
lne2011 said:

Another recommendation for Casey. He helped us save ~$1,800 and we're now getting more coverage than before!

When we tried shopping for lower rates previously, everyone said they could only lower our rates by lowering the coverage.

Thanks for all your hard work Casey and for getting us more for less!
It was a pleasure, always happy to help!
Ags #1
AG
Another recommendation for Casey! After my Policy went up over 30% he was able to find we a carrier that was actually less than what I pay today. Highly recommend Casey. He was easy to work with and did a great job
AstroAggie15
AG
Casey is good people.

Won't be disappointed. Good rate on the new home, going to have him look to save me some cash on auto as well.

Maybe some volcano insurance?
case04
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Casey is good people.

Won't be disappointed. Good rate on the new home, going to have him look to save me some cash on auto as well.

Maybe some volcano insurance?
Happy to help, don't waste your money on Volcano insurance.
preston
Just worked with Casey to get a policy on our new home purchase. He was able to get me a good rate on the house and am also doing my vehicles and umbrella through Goosehead. He was very responsive and talked through the options with me two different times on the phone. Thanks Casey!
case04
AG
preston said:

Just worked with Casey to get a policy on our new home purchase. He was able to get me a good rate on the house and am also doing my vehicles and umbrella through Goosehead. He was very responsive and talked through the options with me two different times on the phone. Thanks Casey!
Happy to help! Glad to say, my best clients are on this thread.
bthobig12
AG
Quick note - May was the best month of Casey's career and TexAgs was a big part of it. Wanted to thank everyone on this thread for giving Goosehead a shot to earn your business.
Aggielady216
AG
My husband and I recently moved to Cypress. Casey was so helpful and made the insurance process easy and painless. He was able to get us home and auto coverage that was cheaper and has more coverage than what we previously had. Thanks Casey!
BillyBob79
AG
Another shout out for Casey and Goosehead. I spoke with Casey earlier this week regarding my home and auto insurance. Although he was not able to help me this time, I will definitely keep him in mind for future quotes. I appreciate the time that he spent researching my policies and the honesty in letting me know that my current policies were a good value.
case04
AG
Aggielady216 said:

My husband and I recently moved to Cypress. Casey was so helpful and made the insurance process easy and painless. He was able to get us home and auto coverage that was cheaper and has more coverage than what we previously had. Thanks Casey!
I appreciate your business, congrats on your new, beautiful home!!
aggiechance
AG
I've worked with Casey for the past year. Can't recommend him more. He saved me money with a much better policy including extra coverages. He just finished up repricing t my renewal vs new policies. I'm more than happy and can't envision ever going back to a big box insurance company again. Do yourself a favor and at least contact Casey try to save you money. I find him extremely easy to contact, super responsive, and just a cool guy.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Another positive review for Casey here. He quoted me last year and it didn't make sense to switch. He called me back last week and was able to lower my homeowners premium by several hundred bucks. Much better coverage than I had previously. When my auto is up, he'll be quoting that as well. Good dude and it's worth the time to give him a call.
Sazerac
AG
huge thumbs up for Casey.

Saved me THOUSANDS on a new homeowners policy and went above and beyond to get me the best deal possible on multiple products.
bkag9824
AG
Another vote for Casey and Goosehead. He walked me through the options and did a great job of explaining the coverages.

Saved me almost $2k/yr on my home owner's policy alone, will be another $300+ saved on car insurance as well compared to Amica.
Rule Number 32
AG
Casey saved me about $500 a year on car insurance through travelers over state farm. Good stuff!

Thanks a ton Casey.

I've been meaning to look around for new insurance forever, and Casey made it such an easy process. He was super patient with me constantly missing phone calls due to a crazy schedule, and worked with me to make it as simple as possible.

Really appreciate the help, and everyone else should give him a call if you think he might be able to help out.
redag06
Casey followed up with me after a phone call in 2018. Looked in to what he could do for me, but said his prices were the same as what I currently have with Liere. Great follow up and customer service from what I saw.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
+1 more for Casey and Goosehead. Signed up with him after issues with other companies. Got the best rate for what i wanted and saved over $1000
case04
AG
cclearman said:

huge thumbs up for Casey.

Saved me THOUSANDS on a new homeowners policy and went above and beyond to get me the best deal possible on multiple products.
Thanks for all the support, I have enjoyed working with everyone.

preston
Just wanted to add some more quick feedback for Casey. My wife and I planning a remodel of a home and he helped sort through options to get coverage for it while vacant. We've save a lot of money by getting great rates for home, vehicles, and an umbrella policy through Casey and Goosehead.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.