Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone else getting screwed on car and home insurance?

70,785 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by aTmLoKi
bthobig12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
@ Bassmaster
@ Mr07Ag

Happy to hear you guys were taken care of!
Duckhook
AG
htxag09 said:

Duckhook said:

This didn't just affect you guys in the Houston area. I'm in the Valley. Not in a flood zone, but inland Cameron County. My flood insurance has always been $350-375. My agent just sent me a quote from the flood insurer I have had for 9 years where it is going up to $1,725. Luckily they have another option for me at $425.

I'm confused by this....Isn't there only one place to get flood insurance and the government sets the rate based on flood plane? I mean, I guess you can lower your rate by lowering contents, but my understanding is you can't shop around for a different rate.

Good question. My coverage is the same for both providers. But the quotes did come from private insurers. I trust my agents (2 Aggies) to do a good job of shopping providers for me. I'm going to ask them about this, although I think btho answered your question.
agcivengineer
AG
I live in Katy and my insurance through goosehead went down this year compared to last year. I wouldnt call anyone else.
BigPuma
AG
There are supplemental policies you can get. People on the coast get them like people in Port A for example.
94chem
agcivengineer said:

I live in Katy and my insurance through goosehead went down this year compared to last year. I wouldnt call anyone else.

Same here. Kingwood.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
BUMP.

Just received renewal declaration and would like to get some quotes for home/auto. Live in 77379 and DID NOT flood during either of the recent events.
Redstone
AG
We have AAA for car and home.
94chem
Sooper Jeenyus said:

BUMP.

Just received renewal declaration and would like to get some quotes for home/auto. Live in 77379 and DID NOT flood during either of the recent events.
Just want to reiterate that whether or not you flooded has NOTHING to do with your homeowner's policy. There are many obvious reasons why an insurer would lie about this to you. All of them would result in more money for the insurer if you believe them.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Thanks.

Really just hoping some providers might post their contact info so I could request a quote.
bthobig12
AG
jared.sinclair@goosehead.com

Happy to help, Jeenyus! We will shop the market to see what options you have.
Boats and Hose
AG
Big thanks to Casey for helping us out. Our homeowner's insurance still increased overall but he was able to get us better coverage with a lower renewal rate than our previous insurer. Casey was honest and fast. Y'all should definitely give him a call!
case04
AG
Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

casey.woodfin@goosehead.com

bthobig12
AG
case04 said:

Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

What he said!
Diggity
AG
Casey is a great guy and Goosehead should definitely be in the mix when you guys are pricing out insurance.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Post Harvey flooded house completely updated
2800 down to 1200

Even asked my insurance agent if that was correct and he said it was.
case04
AG

I appreciate the kind words Diggity, you're the man!
k20dub
AG
Casey took care of me as well! Got us a better deal than we had on homeowner's insurance and car insurance with better coverage for both. Highly recommend!
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Casey helped me secure a lower premium while also increasing coverage on my home policy.

For reference, old policy was with Allstate.
case04
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Casey helped me secure a lower premium while also increasing coverage on my home policy.

For reference, old policy was with Allstate.

Happy to help and appreciate the business. Thanks for giving us a chance to earn your business.
aggiechance
AG
Another fantastic experience using Goosehead and working with Casey. He helped me out with vastly improved coverages for both home and car for lower premiums than I wa currently at with a big box shop. He helped me out on a Saturday as well as working a ton through text message. Very happy and I'd strongly recommend contacting him.
case04
AG
aggiechance said:

Another fantastic experience using Goosehead and working with Casey. He helped me out with vastly improved coverages for both home and car for lower premiums than I wa currently at with a big box shop. He helped me out on a Saturday as well as working a ton through text message. Very happy and I'd strongly recommend contacting him.

Thanks again for trusting us with your business! I am super close to a milestone goal with Goosehead. If anyone else has any inclination that they are paying too much for home & auto insurance, please shoot me an email. I am more than happy to take a look!

94chem
Ask Goosehead to look at umbrella policies as well.
Seabass12
AG
Casey Woodfin is with Goosehead Insurance. Great agent, great guy, great Ag. 10/10 would recommend.
94chem
Some of you may be interested in knowing that Goosehead is a publicly traded company.
case04
AG
94chem said:

Some of you may be interested in knowing that Goosehead is a publicly traded company.

Yessir, went public late April! GSHD is our ticker symbol.
aggiepolo16
aggiechance said:

Casey helped me with my home and auto insurance as well. Definitely worth it to have him see what he can do for you!
Billy Moose
AG
I called Casey earlier this year and he is saving me a TON of money on my car insurance. Goosehead is the best. 10/10 WB (would buy).
SnowboardAg
AG
I reshop thru a broker every year. Moving auto from safeco to progressive this year to stay flat. Loyalty is out the window on insurance - treat it like a cable provider. State Farm is the worst on rates, yet theyre plastered all over the sports venues.
fulshearAg96
AG
I just made the switch to Goosehead. Casey was great to work with. My new tier 1 policy cut my deductibles in 1/2. My previous broker agreed it was a great move and one he could not counter.
case04
AG
Thank you everyone for the continued support, it is appreciated!

During the month of October, I'll be donating $10 to Breast Cancer Awareness for every referral I receive from my clients. There is no obligation for the person you send my way to make the switch, they just have to be interested in receiving quotes.

If you call, be sure to mention that you saw my information on TexAgs. If you send a friend, please ask them to do the same. Then, at the end of October, I'll report back and let you guys know the final donation amount.

aTm_bomb
AG
Made the switch to Casey at Goosehead and was able to save a substantial sum with equal and even better coverage than I previously had.

Good Ag with a good service!
Dirtnap ag
AG
Casey worked with me for over a month while I drug my feet, work & vacation interfered, but he did a great job and got my fiance and me a great deal. Highly recommend.
Pos_Vibes_Neg_Results
AG
Casey with Goosehead helped on my families home, auto, and umbrella insurance. He's the man, and definitely worth talking to about your insurance!
case04
AG
tpags20 said:

Casey with Goosehead helped on my families home, auto, and umbrella insurance. He's the man, and definitely worth talking to about your insurance!

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words!
Patience32
Casey was able to lower my homeowner's insurance by 20%. He was able to find a policy that met the criteria of living in a coastal county and still saved me money. He did this without bundling this policy with any other insurance plans.

He is easy to work with and is very personable. I recommend anyone looking to lower their insurance costs to give him a call.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.