Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone else getting screwed on car and home insurance?

70,828 Views | 314 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by aTmLoKi
Road_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just finished up working with Casey and could not be happier. We were getting screwed on our auto and he was able to cut it by more than half and reduced our homeowners by 20%. All with the same amount of coverage. Couldn't be more pleased with the service and would recommend to anyone.
K Bo
AG
Just wrapped up working with Casey to move my home and auto insurance. Casey was great to work with and I highly recommend his services!
case04
AG

Thanks for the support, Happy Thanksgiving!!
canadianAg
AG
Recently finished shopping my insurance with Casey and couldn't be happier. Saved me about $1,500 on auto and home with more coverage in many cases.
NCNJ1217
AG
Casey was able to help me about 3 weeks ago save about $800 between home and auto. Easy to work with and highly recommended!
"Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."

-G.K. Chesterton
Dill-Ag13
AG
Casey helped me out this morning and saved me over $500/yr on existing policies
BAS
I just finished working with Casey on Home and Auto. He was great to work with and reduced my home insurance cost almost 50%. Auto was essentially a wash from what I was quoted with existing insurance company. I highly recommend giving Casey an opportunity to save you some $$.
hsquared02
Just called Casey to get a quote for auto/home. We just bought a van and was able to save ~200 by looking at other carriers. Thanks Casey.
whoop_99
AG
Casey helped save money on both my auto and home insurance. Saved almost 50% on my home insurance alone. Thanks Casey!
Chance Nohavitza
Casey just helped my family with our Home/Auto/Umbrella. Definitely worth reaching out if you haven't done so already.
TXAG-96
AG
Just signed off on my homeowner's policy that Casey helped pull together. Drop him an email if you want to save some money!
Diggity
AG
"I just saved hundreds on my car insurance by switching to Casey!"
aggiedata
AG
Let me just say that at times my wife doesn't understand Texags.
Me: 'hey i heard that..." or "Did you know... "
Wife: 'where did you hear that?"
Me: "..... well... Texags""
Wife: eye roll

So when our Liberty Mutual insurance shot up, I said, "hey why don't you call Goosehead Insurance and talk to Casey" You can guess the rest.

So i get home and she's ecstatic! Thank you Casey for helping us! By my estimations, we saved enough in 1 year to pay for 200 months of my Texag subscription! I'm not joking! You saved me money but more important, now when I say I heard it on Texags, it has instant street cred!

Thanks again!
Goodbull10
AG
Just finished working with Casey on Home and Auto policies. He is very professional and easy to work with. He saved me almost 35% on home with better coverage. Auto was cheaper than my current insurance by about $10/month for similar coverage. If you are tired of paying too much for insurance, I highly recommend giving Casey a call.
Pigtails
AG
Casey was great to work with. Very professional!
case04
AG
aggiedata said:

Let me just say that at times my wife doesn't understand Texags.
Me: 'hey i heard that..." or "Did you know... "
Wife: 'where did you hear that?"
Me: "..... well... Texags""
Wife: eye roll

So when our Liberty Mutual insurance shot up, I said, "hey when don't you call Goosehead Insurance and talk to Casey" You can guess the rest.

So i get home and she's ecstatic! Thank you Casey for helping us! By my estimations, we saved enough in 1 year to pay for 200 months of my Texag subscription! I'm not joking! You saved me money but more important, now when I say I heard it on Texags, it has instant street cred!

Thanks again!
It's always fun to save people money. I appreciate your business!
cbminers
AG
case04 said:

Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

casey.woodfin@goosehead.com

After a decade of playing the "sign up with an insurer just to see my rates skyrocket in 2 years" game, I just got done setting up home and auto policies with Casey @ Goosehead. I had no intentions of making a change until my existing Liberty Mutual policies came up for renewal in May but I had a slow day at work last week, stumbled across this thread, and decided to just reach out to Casey and see what came of it.

In short, I'll be saving about $1,000 (after one-time fees to establish a relationship with Goosehead) on home and auto (2 cars) over my renewal quote from LM. More importantly, I feel like I finally have the right coverage, deductibles, etc. to properly protect my family's assets. If my rates go up excessively next year, Gooshead will shop their network of providers to make sure I am paying the right price for my insurance policies.

It was a pleasure to work with Casey and making the swap was effortless. I can now attest, there is absolutely no reason not to shoot him an email and see if he can help you.

FYI - for anyone worried about swapping insurance providers mid-contract, your existing insurance company will just issue you a pro-rated refund if you decide to cancel on them.

sixiron
AG
Add me to the list of folks who was set up with better, more affordable home/auto policies because of Casey and the other fine folks at Goosehead. If you are getting squeezed with your current carrier(s), don't hesitate to let Casey see what he can do for you.
case04
AG
cbminers said:

case04 said:

Hey guys,

Jared finally guillted me into getting a Texags account! Thanks to many of y'all who have your business with us. If anyone else needs help, don't hesitate to reach out.

casey.woodfin@goosehead.com

After a decade of playing the "sign up with an insurer just to see my rates skyrocket in 2 years" game, I just got done setting up home and auto policies with Casey @ Goosehead. I had no intentions of making a change until my existing Liberty Mutual policies came up for renewal in May but I had a slow day at work last week, stumbled across this thread, and decided to just reach out to Casey and see what came of it.

In short, I'll be saving about $1,000 (after one-time fees to establish a relationship with Goosehead) on home and auto (2 cars) over my renewal quote from LM. More importantly, I feel like I finally have the right coverage, deductibles, etc. to properly protect my family's assets. If my rates go up excessively next year, Gooshead will shop their network of providers to make sure I am paying the right price for my insurance policies.

It was a pleasure to work with Casey and making the swap was effortless. I can now attest, there is absolutely no reason not to shoot him an email and see if he can help you.

FYI - for anyone worried about swapping insurance providers mid-contract, your existing insurance company will just issue you a pro-rated refund if you decide to cancel on them.

Thanks for all the support, I just got back from my honeymoon and I'm ready to work! My email is above if you're interested.
Bassmaster
AG
I got your auto reply last week when you were out. I just re-sent my email from then for an auto/umbrella quote.
wwins123
If anyone is seeing their insurance rates gradually go up such as liberty mutual or other carriers, I would urge you to switch to Goosehead insurance. Casey Woodfin from Goosehead Insurance took the time to help my family out and see which insurance policy was best suited for us. He was able to save us almost $3000 a year on home and auto. Whenever we have an insurance question and we want to gauge what he thinks, he takes time out of his day to give his opinion based on his knowledge. I am thrilled that we were able to switch from a carrier that didn't seem to care about us to one that shows what true customer service is.
case04
AG
Diggity said:

"I just saved hundreds on my car insurance by switching to Casey!"
Hopefully I can trademark this.
Diggity
AG
fix my typo first!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
13% increase 2017 -> 2018

21% increase this renewal over 2018

Time to shop

I've emailed Liere and Goosehead
cena05
AG
I talked with Casey from Goosehead today and he took the time to help me adjust my limits and coverage and educate me about insurance even when realized he couldn't beat my current rates. Great guys and great customer service. I will be checking back with him next year.
94chem
Adding a teenage girl this week. They've got their work cut out for them. First quote was $3200/yr to drive a $3000 car.
case04
AG
94chem said:

Adding a teenage girl this week. They've got their work cut out for them. First quote was $3200/yr to drive a $3000 car.
Make sure to talk to your agent about a good student discount if applicable.
Diggity
AG
Are you getting a comprehensive quote? That's insane.
03_Aggie
94chem said:

What happens if she runs that $3000 car into a $50000 car?
94chem
03_Aggie said:

94chem said:

What happens if she runs that $3000 car into a $50000 car?
What happens if you do? I know this thread was started by an insurance idiot, but we long since left that discussion.
94chem
case04 said:

94chem said:

Did this. Also, I got my updated policy premiums, without adding her as a driver. This $3500 Kia compact car has higher premiums than my gigantic van or my Honda Pilot. I'm not sure what's going on. The collision and the comprehensive are what the other cars are put together. Makes no sense.
Diggity
AG
why would you get comprehensive coverage on a $3K car?
94chem
Diggity said:

why would you get comprehensive coverage on a $3K car?
It's only $88/yr total for my other 2 cars, so I just kept it. It did get me $4200 for my 12 year old mini-van after Harvey, so I came out ahead on that (they paid a generous NADA value). I just figured it would be worth the extra $30 for the 3rd car, but it's more like $100. We park under a lot of trees too.
Diggity
AG
$100/month + deductible = drop that coverage
case04
AG
94chem said:

case04 said:

94chem said:

Did this. Also, I got my updated policy premiums, without adding her as a driver. This $3500 Kia compact car has higher premiums than my gigantic van or my Honda Pilot. I'm not sure what's going on. The collision and the comprehensive are what the other cars are put together. Makes no sense.
If you decide to remove collision on the Kia, talk to your agent about the Comp coverage. Some carriers will give you a better rate for carrying Comp coverage versus going to straight liability coverage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.