Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,644 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Hashtag - that's the little symbol that looks like a pound sign on the telephone, it kinda tells you what the tweet is about - hashtag: irony."
Texaggie7nine
Josh single handedly won the game against the Rockies yesterday.
7nine
Bregxit
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Josh single handedly won the game against the Rockies yesterday.

That fat ******* didn't win anything...though I would pay to see someone make that claim to JV or Cole.
MelvinUdall
ChiliBeans said:

"Hashtag - that's the little symbol that looks like a pound sign on the telephone, it kinda tells you what the tweet is about - hashtag: irony."

I don't listen to their show, but you sure do know a lot about that show.
GEA89
AG
He kinda' hates the Aggies doesn't he? Called us tu's little brother the other day on air. He does not know the record over the past 40 years, someone in his family must have been a whorn
aTm2004
AG
Coog97
Not to be a jerk about it, but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AustinCountyAg
He's been hinting at it for weeks..... during the past couple years especially during baseball season I enjoyed his show..... however the past few months have been brutal. He got away from sports and started "guy talk" and it sucked.
agfan2332
I know a ton of guys that work in radio in Houston and let me tell you not one of them could fake a nice thing to say about that guy. He got what was coming to him
Truvada_for_prep
agfan2332 said:

I know a ton of guys that work in radio in Houston and let me tell you not one of them could fake a nice thing to say about that guy. He got what was coming to him

Do those guys know that all am radio sucks in Houston ?
agfan2332
Louis botha said:

agfan2332 said:

Well most of them all work at the number one sports station in town and are fully aware all their competition on AM does suck
Ag_07
AG
To be honest that kinda sucks right before baseball season. They shoulda done it after last baseball season because he's been awful ever since then.

I hate in depth offseason Texans talk but during baseball it's nice to have someone actually talk Astros. However, I can do without 7 months of Innes BSing about how fat he is and what shltty music he likes.
Al Bula
AG
Nothing makes the dudes in Houston start their period like Josh Innes.
Your Friend
That sucks. The 610 morning guy's voice gives me seizures and 740 morning duo is terrible. Guess I need to do the satellite radio thing
E
AG
97.5 in the mornings
Truvada_for_prep
agfan2332 said:

Louis botha said:

agfan2332 said:

Well most of them all work at the number one sports station in town and are fully aware all their competition on AM does suck

Lol what station is that and is that something to be proud of ?
Astrobo
AG
Your Friend said:

That sucks. The 610 morning guy's voice gives me seizures and 740 morning duo is terrible. Guess I need to do the satellite radio thing
This, the two guys on 610 in the morning whine about everything. Listening to grown men whine is not appealing.
agfan2332
Louis botha said:

agfan2332 said:

Louis botha said:

agfan2332 said:

Lol what station is that and is that something to be proud of ?

97.5 is by far the best station in Houston, at least in the mornings. And yeah I'm pretty proud of it
bluefire579
AG
His twitter says budget reasons. I wonder if any other 790 shows are affected, or if that was just an easy excuse. Haven't really listened to them in a while...never could stand Innes, so it was an easy switch to 97.5 when Lance left and Matt Thomas got moved to midday. Don't like any of the afternoon shows, so I've just switched to podcasts when I'm driving home.
runontexas
AG
I could see him going national next
Dr. Horrible
Clay Travis in the mornings.
Ag_07
AG
runontexas said:

I could see him going national next

Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Astrobo said:

Your Friend said:

This, the two guys on 610 in the morning whine about everything. Listening to grown men whine is not appealing.

Love Mike and can't stand Seth. When Mike first got to Houston and had his solo show I think he was at his best. Need to move him to Mid-day solo and he would crush
Liquid Wrench
Dr. Horrible said:

I think the only thing that can help Houston sports radio is more syndicated shows. I don't know how local hosts can possibly stay interested in taking the exact same calls from the exact same callers on the exact same topics every day for years.
Jackal99
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Dr. Horrible said:

I think the only thing that can help Houston sports radio is more syndicated shows. I don't know how local hosts can possibly stay interested in taking the exact same calls from the exact same callers on the exact same topics every day for years.

But seriously, though, when are the Rockets gonna get some respect?
Liquid Wrench
Never!
Dr. Horrible

Dr. Horrible said:

It's also the logical answer if it really was a cost cutting move. Pay for a popular syndicated show (that you already carried one hour of before going local) instead of bringing on full time talent that you have to manage.
aTm2004
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Dr. Horrible said:

It's also the logical answer if it really was a cost cutting move. Pay for a popular syndicated show (that you already carried one hour of before going local) instead of bringing on full time talent that you have to manage.
Or how about this...I know it's a foreign concept to management at Houston sports radio stations, but how about bringing in a guy(s) to talk about the actual sports in season? Eyenorite? It's effing March...I don't want to hear about the damn Texans for 97% of each show. Talk the Rockets and Astros now, the Cougars (I know MT does), and the NCAA tournament. Yeah, you can comment on some Texans moves and stuff, but don't treat the show like they're in season.
herb96
AG
Talking Texans pays the bills though.
Ag_07
AG
herb96 said:

This is what baffles me.

I get it during football season (even then at times it's a bit much) but how many people can endure breaking down the Texans depth chart in March, discussing draft prospects in February, or listening to Jabba McNair weeze into the mic about his acting career.

The fact that that programming pays the bills is a testament to the quality of sports radio in this town.
Forum Troll
AG
herb96 said:

Sad state of affairs in Houston. People would rather hear about Texans free agency talk (NFL free agency is so boring imo) instead of active seasons of Rockets and Astros, the 2 franchises in this city that are actually successful and run well.

I say bring on Clay Travis in the AM. I don't mind listening to Ross or Michael or Brian Smith but I'm sure they don't bring great ratings when its just them.
kubiak03
AG
Hate to hear. I enjoyed innes the most out of the morning shows and his non sports side tracks. He got whiney at times though.

He definitely kept hinting about it the past few months, especially when he talked about being told to work on getting more advertising for his show.

I've pretty much taken 610 off the dial. Not a single show worth a damn. It's the same crap over and over and over.

E
AG
You guys must only listen to 790 or 610.

Just turn on 97.5 in the mornings an you'll be happy. They actually talk about Rockets and Astros and are much more entertaining then any other show.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

I've pretty much taken 610 off the dial. Not a single show worth a damn. It's the same crap over and over and over.
That's sports radio in general. When I want to listen to sports, I put on SiriusXM. The only 4 Houston stations programmed in my car are 740, 94.5, 97.1, and 106.9. If I had HD radio, 100.3-3 would be there. Other than that, it's podcasts and Spotify for my 1+ drive each way.
Harry Stone
AG
houston sports talk is awful. innes was at least funnier than the 610 guys. this is an unpopular opinion here but i always thought nick wright was great especially on the tom herman fiasco.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.