Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,658 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

You guys must only listen to 790 or 610.

Just turn on 97.5 in the mornings an you'll be happy. They actually talk about Rockets and Astros and are much more entertaining then any other show.
Its been mentioned here before and unless something has changed, their signal is terrible outside the loop.
Liquid Wrench
Nothing has changed.
aTm2004
AG
Harry Stone said:

houston sports talk is awful. innes was at least funnier than the 610 guys. this is an unpopular opinion here but i always thought nick wright was great especially on the tom herman fiasco.
When Nick was with Lopez and Jim Mudd, that was an awesome morning show. They had a great mix of sports and off topic guy stuff, and Nick always came prepared with interesting things to discuss. I miss that show.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
aTm2004 said:

Harry Stone said:

houston sports talk is awful. innes was at least funnier than the 610 guys. this is an unpopular opinion here but i always thought nick wright was great especially on the tom herman fiasco.
When Nick was with Lopez and Jim Mudd, that was an awesome morning show. They had a great mix of sports and off topic guy stuff, and Nick always came prepared with interesting things to discuss. I miss that show.

John and Nicks chemistry on air is greatly missed
JoeAggie5
I hate 610, especially now with Paul, Mike, and Seth awful, I do like the afternoon 610 show. Innes was great until a few months ago. Got so bad I resorted to 740AM and 1430AM (Catholic Radio).

Will have to give 97.5FM another shot.
runontexas
AG
Rumor is Innes will do a podcast, CANNOT WAIT!!
n_touch
He has been talking about that for a while.
Liquid Wrench
runontexas said:

Joking aside, that could be a good format for him.
runontexas
AG
Dude is gonna kill it
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
runontexas said:

Will have hot takes and irrelevant rants!? Need to hear more about things he observes.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Forum Troll said:

E said:

You guys must only listen to 790 or 610.

Just turn on 97.5 in the mornings an you'll be happy. They actually talk about Rockets and Astros and are much more entertaining then any other show.
Its been mentioned here before and unless something has changed, their signal is terrible outside the loop.
It's not terrible for me. I commute 5 days a week to/from home in SE Montgomery County (Northcrest Ranch between New Caney and Splendora) and work on Telge Road near 290. I sometimes listen on the way to work in the early AM (59N to BW8 then 290) and almost always listen going home (Telge Road to 99 then East to 59N). Their signal is pretty good most of the way except for a couple areas where there are high voltage transmission lines that interfere. I believe they recently boosted their signal and hence dropped their programming on 94.1 that covered areas they couldn't reach with the 97.5 signal.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
aTm2004
AG
You're zoned to my old ISD.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Splendora?

We have a New Caney mailing address and pay taxes to Splendora ISD.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
AustinCountyAg
https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Former-host-Adam-Clanton-return-790-AM-new-lineup-13708885.php?pd00=3a0b1148-50f8-4779-a479-90cd9eaf28d3&pd01=207efb61-e776-402a-af65-5b39277b07e0&pd02=pl-search&pd99=03e81fdb-de6b-4592-b15b-2a2d31183b7d
W
AG
well, one thing I'll say for Innes...at least he led with the Astros the last couple of years.

610 doesn't even want to talk about the best team in town
Liquid Wrench
The fact that Adam Clanton has a job says a lot about the quality of local radio.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah is this even an upgrade?
AustinCountyAg
I think SS will do good in the mornings. He's good about talking all sports, and then when football season rolls around he will be better than 610. Actual NFL playing experience and he wont bore everyone with prctice squad Texan updates

Seth Payne doesn't count. He's a tool
E
AG
I like SS. As much as I can't stand Michael Connor, he at least talks a lot of Astros and makes SS talk baseball too.

Still not enough to take me away from 97.5 mornings. Wish they kept a SS in the evenings as his show was the only afternoon drive time show I'll listen to.
tamuwx
AG
97.5 signal is crap on the west side of town, otherwise I would listen
BigPuma
AG
the move/change they should have done is run clay travis till 8am (full consecutive show) and then fit **** around it.
aTm2004
AG
Yep. Lived there from 6 months old until I left for college. Hardly recognize the bustling metropolis it's become. We got the Sonic and Chevron when I was in HS.
MelvinUdall
Social Media Influencer said:

The fact that Adam Clanton has a job says a lot about the quality of local radio.

At least he can go back to bashing the Texans since he is no longer on 610.
Liquid Wrench
I caught part of his show one time I think when he was on 790. He spent an entire segment begging for someone, anyone, to call in and say something good about Rick Smith. No calls. Finally, some nice old man took the bait to say he thought Rick did a good job helping us win the division that one year. Clanton goes off screaming at him, hangs up on him, and continues to yell until the commercial break that he was the most idiotic caller ever. It was the kind of pathetic trolling that makes some of my old work on the football board look brilliant.
MelvinUdall
Social Media Influencer said:

I caught part of his show one time I think when he was on 790. He spent an entire segment begging for someone, anyone, to call in and say something good about Rick Smith. No calls. Finally, some nice old man took the bait to say he thought Rick did a good job helping us win the division that one year. Clanton goes off screaming at him, hangs up on him, and continues to yell until the commercial break that he was the most idiotic caller ever. It was the kind of pathetic trolling that makes some of my old work on the football board look brilliant.

Not shocked. By no means have the Texans done anything of note, however Clanton takes make the Texans seems like they have never won a game.
JYDog90
AG
Clanton must have pictures of the station brass with a dead girl or a live boy.

He's a freaking vampire. You think he's dead and he shows up once again.

I haven't listened to Houston sports radio in quite a while and the rehiring of Adam Clanton ensures that it'll be much, much longer until I do.
suburban cowboy
AG
I met a guy yesterday (Fred) that says he worked for 610, had a show with John Lopez and described Josh as a "great guy".

Also volunteered during a meeting that he was fired for saying "schlob on my knob" on air.
JYDog90
AG
Fred Faour?
Bregxit
AG
willie wonka said:

Fred Faour?
Fred "Freddy D" Davis
rancher1953
Like to listen to Sean Salsbury as he knows the game. Best show is ND Kalu and Greg Kock. 790 has best lineup now in the mornings but afternoon is lacking with Clanton. I cannot stand 610 anymore their lineup sucks. Would love to listen to 97.5 but living west of Houston we cannot get the station.
Texan_Aggie
AG
So I guess Clanton couldn't land a spot at 610 so came crawling back to 790.
AustinCountyAg
Someone help me out but was on Clantons previous stint on 790 did he have the co host who was actually white, but sounded like a straight third ward homeboy?
Coog97
AustinCountyAg said:

Someone help me out but was on Clantons previous stint on 790 did he have the co host who was actually white, but sounded like a straight third ward homeboy?

Yup... Jayson Braddock.
agfan2332
Curious to everyone that says that they would like to listen to 97.5 but can't because of the signal, so y'all have the capability of streaming it from their app?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah is this even an upgrade?

It's as much of a downgrade that you can get

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.