Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,635 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spoony Love said:

Dude takes responsibility for his mistakes in Philly all the time. His issue from Philly is the soapbox they stood on to fire him which I admit I agree with him on but he also admits it was not the best move. He says all the time he screwed up in Philly.

Plus his Mattress Mack is hilarious.

Candidly I listen to him very little, but the time I heard him talking about it, sure sounded like he wasn't taking blame. I will go back to my original comment, he will ultimately be fired.
Farmer1906
AG
Furlock Bones said:

because Innes's show is entertaining. now, does he get into some stupid rants at times? yes. but, overall, he's entertaining.
No, he's not.
Farmer1906
AG
agfan2332 said:

97.5 controls the Houston market now and frankly probably will for a good while now. 790 getting Salisbury for afternoon's was good for them but I am curious who they are going to match with him.

Astros/Rockets being on 790 is what holds the channel afloat right now. 610 isn't going anywhere, but if you were to combine their lineup with 790's it doesn't hold a torch to what 97.5 has out there right now.
975 in the morning just John & Lance and then lunchtime with Charlie is about as good as it will get.

Salisbury is terrible. I would rather listen to Jason & Sean.
agfan2332
Farmer1906 said:

agfan2332 said:

97.5 controls the Houston market now and frankly probably will for a good while now. 790 getting Salisbury for afternoon's was good for them but I am curious who they are going to match with him.

Astros/Rockets being on 790 is what holds the channel afloat right now. 610 isn't going anywhere, but if you were to combine their lineup with 790's it doesn't hold a torch to what 97.5 has out there right now.
975 in the morning just John & Lance and then lunchtime with Charlie is about as good as it will get.

Salisbury is terrible. I would rather listen to Jason & Sean.
Oh trust me I am a 97.5 guy through and through. I listen to John and Lance every day and agree their lineup is as good as it gets in this town.

The company I work for use to sponsor Adam, Jason and Sean and that show was a drag listening to here every day.

There was a rumor going around that 790 was going to simulcast with a show from San Antonio for their drive home show and frankly I think Salisbury as about as good as they were going to get to fill that time slot.

Wouldn't surprise me if they told Innes he was going to pull double duty in the morning and then afternoon with Salisbury similar to Michael Berry. 790 and 740 are under the same umbrella and that would certainly shake things up at that network.
Farmer1906
AG
790 should just play Outkick in the mornings, give MT the drive home, and incorporate more Ross & Ginger.
BigPuma
AG
I actually agree with this. surprised im not the only one.

Although I have been listening to John and Lance lately.
E
AG
Furlock Bones said:

because Innes's show is entertaining. now, does he get into some stupid rants at times? yes. but, overall, he's entertaining.

The only time I listen to Innes is maybe a few seconds the morning after I listen had 790 on the night before the Stro's. 75% of the time all he does is take shots at the guys at the 610 guys or being creepy with Jilly(sp?). Jim Mudd is a joke; just a Josh Innes wannabe and adds zero sports knowledge or opinions of value. If you think that's entertaining, then to each his own...
E
AG
MT and Ross would be a good drive time show.
agfan2332
I agree I would almost do Clay Travis in the mornings for now, can Koch and ND, have Innes middays and pair MT with Sean for now.

They won't ever win a ratings war in the mornings any more with John and Lance and the Texans season upcoming, so their shots are midday and afternoon drive.

Luckily they will get a boost in the coming months with the Astros on another World Series run so they better not screw the pooch with that.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Matt Thomas and Sean Pendergast replacing the mid day guys on 97.5 and no need to go to AM except to hear an Astros game. Make it happen Gow.
Farmer1906
AG
Trenches is a great football only show.
whiteman
97.5, I forgot that it existed. Those guys were good 10-15 years ago, not so much now.
AustinCountyAg
I wish 790 or 610 would play Dan Patrick and Clay Travis. I can't pick up and of those other FM stations anywhere.
Forum Troll
AG
97.5 needs to fix their signal to take them seriously.
MelvinUdall
Forum Troll said:

Do you even stream, bro?
Post removed:
by user
cwpaggie07
AG
Forum Troll said:

John and Lance are now simulcast on 94.1 in the mornings. It has greatly improved my morning commute
JYDog90
AG
I dislike listening to Clay Travis.
bularry
willie wonka said:

I dislike listening to Clay Travis.
me too, I get nothing out of that guy.
JYDog90
AG
NM
AustinCountyAg
Clay Travis> Sean Jones, ND Kaluu, John Lopez, In the loop, triple threat, etc.
Sean Hannity11
Did the old white guy who always sounds like he has phlem in his throat get canned?
Jackal99
AG
Anybody listening to Josh right now? They're trying to get a report from inside Texans' training camp (with their credentials being pulled). He teased it earlier, but their plan started at 9. They've got Jim dressed up as a construction worker, in what sounds like a cherry picker truck, about 60 feet up in the air, over behind the PetSmart on Kirby. He's got a megaphone and is going to start interviewing people on the field when they come back from break. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but this seems like the stupidest s*** they've ever done, so I'll give it a listen.
aTm2004
AG
Well...did it work?
htownag99
AG
I listened to it, and it worked, was entertaining, but turned out to be anti-climatic. The cops did show up, but they were more curious than anything about what was going on, and didn't really care what they were doing.
Jackal99
AG
As mentioned, it did work. Josh was feeding Jim lines to shout through the megaphone.

"Did Richard Sherman kneel for the anthem today?"
"Hey, Richard Sherman! JJ Watt banged your mom!"
"610 blow, Let's go 'Stros!"

Jim freaked out when the cops showed up, but they were just there to check to check it out. The most entertaining part of it was listening to Jim whine like a little b**** about being up in the air and scared of the wind.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

"Did Richard Sherman kneel for the anthem today?"
I need to know this before I decide if I'm watching Saturday.
Ag_07
AG
I get that stunts like this are part of his shtick but man that looks horrible for 790. They come off as an absolute clown show (which they may very well be) with stunts like this.

Does he get approval from his higher ups for stuff like this?
Jackal99
AG
He said a few people at the station knew about it, and got the impression the higher-ups did. Jim said he got a text from Michael Berry when he was on the way to set up, and told him the plan; Michael's reply was "Dear God."
Ag_07
AG
And yet he swears up and down (at least he used) that he's not a shock jock.

This is the absolute definition of a shock jock.
AustinCountyAg
Innes is still better than having to listen to 610 discuss the third string weak tackle and who the backup practice squad corner will be
aTm2004
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Innes is still better than having to listen to 610 discuss the third string weak tackle and who the backup practice squad corner will be
Now that CFB is around the corner, I can get back into my routine of listening to the First Team on Sirius. The past couple of months have sucked because 610 effing blows (literally if you're the Texans) and I can only stand Innes for so long. I can't even listen to 610 on the drive home because it's hard to understand them through their muffled words due to the Texans' cock in their mouths.
E
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

That's why you need to listen to 97.5
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I can't even listen to 610 on the drive home
I caught a bit of Sean and Rich Lord yesterday, and there was no Texans talk. No sports talk at all. They were reading, aloud, an article coaching young professionals on how to succeed in the workplace. One of the points was about not wasting time on social media or twitter.

It was refreshing for Sean to take a break from reading twitter aloud, to read a social media post aloud instructing young people not to waste time on twitter.
Jackal99
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

I can't even listen to 610 on the drive home
I caught a bit of Sean and Rich Lord yesterday, and there was no Texans talk. No sports talk at all. They were reading, aloud, an article coaching young professionals on how to succeed in the workplace. One of the points was about not wasting time on social media or twitter.

It was refreshing for Sean to take a break from reading twitter aloud, to read a social media post aloud instructing young people not to waste time on twitter.
I wonder if he tweeted out a link to it by tweeting on his twitter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.