Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,673 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wish I could find the audio of Zeirlein's "1 2 3 you found it" bit.
MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I enjoy Josh when he's just being Josh and not talking trash about other radio personalities or people he has beef with. He's an annoying whiner and that's why I never liked him on 610 because he was constantly in arguments and whining.

I get he does it for publicity but he just sounds like a female hygiene product when he gets in arguments. I think he would do well if he just let stuff roll off his back and concentrate on being funny.
I've heard him a couple of times when he wasn't going out of his way to run his schtick and he was actually OK. I think it was during the Astros WS run. Seems to me the guy could be OK if he'd stop stepping on his own c-ck.

Funny, your wife said the same thing.
aTm2004
AG
dlance said:

nhayden said:

bularry said:

E said:

Not to mention he's been taking personal shots at them over the air...
so... it is funny to me.

and his criticisms of their show isn't wrong

He plays to the lowest common denominator with his show. He also has a pattern where he ultimately loses his job and accepts no responsibility. He really needs a Sirius/XM show where he has no outside controls. Unfortunately in the terrestrial radio world there are rules and unwritten rules and he simply likes to color outside the lines.
Something that cracks me up is remembering when he first got his show on 610 and his dad would call in. His dad would just berate and belittle Josh and I would cringe and think "What a horrible father!" Now I realize his dad was 100% spot on. Josh is an insecure, bedwetting beta male who only got into radio because his dad was the voice of Scooby Doo.
I remember tuning into his show not long after he returned to Houston to give it a shot, and he called his dad and shared his first ratings report with him, and his dad pretty much said "so essentially, you're saying your show sucks?"
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
agdaddy04
AG
His dad just asked what happened to start the incident. Josh replied that someone yelled across the room that he was a *****. To which he responded "in all fairness you kind of are a *****"
Texaggie7nine
nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I enjoy Josh when he's just being Josh and not talking trash about other radio personalities or people he has beef with. He's an annoying whiner and that's why I never liked him on 610 because he was constantly in arguments and whining.

I get he does it for publicity but he just sounds like a female hygiene product when he gets in arguments. I think he would do well if he just let stuff roll off his back and concentrate on being funny.
I've heard him a couple of times when he wasn't going out of his way to run his schtick and he was actually OK. I think it was during the Astros WS run. Seems to me the guy could be OK if he'd stop stepping on his own c-ck.

Funny, your wife said the same thing.
Are you saying Bohunk has a really long ****
7nine
Stupe
S
Or really short legs.
MelvinUdall
Stupe said:

Or really short legs.

He's a little guy.
BohunkAg
AG
Welp

MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

Welp

I wish both were out, but glad at least one is gone.
FtBendTxAg
AG
please tell me this is true about Clanton
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
I haven't listened to sports radio talk (local or national) in 6+ months. I've enjoyed every second of it honestly
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MelvinUdall
I would love to hear the scoop on what transpired.
E
AG
BUT I DIGRESS
E
AG
Chron article doesn't say why he is gone, but does go into Innes talking smack about him...

https://m.chron.com/sports/article/Adam-Clanton-out-at-KBME-AM-790-12876032.php
Al Bula
AG
Nothing like a good Innes thread bump to rustle jimmies
Liquid Wrench
I think 790 keeps setting up these "beefs" just to get the Chronicle and social media talking about them. I feel embarrassed for anyone with the local teams who has to deal with these clowns on a regular basis. Houston sports radio is awful. Charlie Palillo taking calls from old men who remember the first time they saw Willie Stargell is probably the best thing on local sports radio right now.
AustinCountyAg
I actually enjoyed listening to Fat Josh make fun of Clinton this morning. It got old after about ten minutes, but most of his points were valid
Your Friend
My morning commute just got more boring
Dan Scott
AG
From what I heard this morning, Innes got mad that Clanton brought up a tweet hating on JJ Watt from 7 years ago so then Josh went on a rant on Clanton and being a Rockets homer.
Aggie Rick
AG
Suck a fat one Clanton!
@Aggie_Rick
Ag_07
AG
John and Lance the best thing on...Too bad no one can hear them over the constant static that station broadcasts.
cr0wbar
AG
Matt Thomas 4 lyfe
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

John and Lance the best thing on...Too bad no one can hear them over the constant static that station broadcasts.

I just listen to the through the app.
JYDog90
AG
The one thing Innes and all tolerable people at 790 and previously at 790 can agree on is that Clanton is insufferable.

Good riddance.

The next cogent basketball point he makes on a Rockets broadcast will be his first. All he does is make snide inside jokes, trying to lead people to believe he knows what he's doing.

He belongs on 96.5 with his wife...doing the freaking news or traffic. Adios!
Formerly Willy Wonka
Furlock Bones
AG
willie wonka said:

The one thing Innes and all tolerable people at 790 and previously at 790 can agree on is that Clanton is insufferable.

Good riddance.

The next cogent basketball point he makes on a Rockets broadcast will be his first. All he does is make snide inside jokes, trying to lead people to believe he knows what he's doing.

He belongs on 96.5 with his wife...doing the freak My news or traffic. Adios!
yup. it's known that he's apparently a real *****. i'm actually amazed he is gone considering he would snitch on his fellow radio hosts to management for all kinds of stuff. maybe someone new came in and saw through the bs.
E
AG
Ag_07 said:

Glad to know it's not just me! I was worried the antenna on the new car was faulty
Ag_07
AG
Any of this have to do with why Innes wasn't on this morning?

I tuned in to see if he would talk about it at all and it was two random guys.
Your Friend
Only thing I heard this morning on 790 was that he'd be back next week
E
AG
Pretty sure it has everything to do why he wasn't there... as he has been suspended
FtBendTxAg
AG
Clanton is the same IRL. He's a real *****. A judgemental snitch *****.
BoxingAg84
Innes audio just in case you haven't heard it.
Faour and Hoffman audio on the situation is on there as well.

http://sheltonmedia.blogspot.com/2018/04/adam-clanton-out-josh-innes-suspended.html?spref=tw
JayAggie
AG
I can't stand any of 790 other than Innes. He doesn't pretend to be a sports guy and owns it. Would I want to have a beer with him, hell no, but he is entertaining.

610 only talk about texans ALL. THE. TIME. They just now started talking about the Rockets. Oh sure they mention the Rockets and Astros but it's probably 20% of the time.

I don't know how 97.5 is clueless that no one in Houston can get the signal and they need to upgrade.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
JayAggie said:

I don't know how 97.5 is clueless that no one in Houston can get the signal and they need to upgrade.

I don't think it works just like this. Pretty sure they are aware. It is a running joke on the show. Still much better than the old 1560 signal.
JayAggie
AG
That was my short version...was trying to avoid a TLDR response

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.