Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,678 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JayAggie said:

I can't stand any of 790 other than Innes. He doesn't pretend to be a sports guy and owns it. Would I want to have a beer with him, hell no, but he is entertaining.

610 only talk about texans ALL. THE. TIME. They just now started talking about the Rockets. Oh sure they mention the Rockets and Astros but it's probably 20% of the time.

I don't know how 97.5 is clueless that no one in Houston can get the signal and they need to upgrade.
they are still pissed that the Stros and Rockets left them.
MelvinUdall
Furlock Bones said:

JayAggie said:

I can't stand any of 790 other than Innes. He doesn't pretend to be a sports guy and owns it. Would I want to have a beer with him, hell no, but he is entertaining.

610 only talk about texans ALL. THE. TIME. They just now started talking about the Rockets. Oh sure they mention the Rockets and Astros but it's probably 20% of the time.

I don't know how 97.5 is clueless that no one in Houston can get the signal and they need to upgrade.
they are still pissed that the Stros and Rockets left them.

I think it has more to do with the amount of money they pay the Texans to broadcast their games and coaches show, etc. They also get the ratings because of it, football is king regardless of how well the Astros and Rockets do.
Aggie Rick
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

Clanton is the same IRL. He's a real *****. A judgemental snitch *****.
I dont recall if it was Josh Anus or someone else rumoring about Clanton hooking up with side chicks after he got hitched.
@Aggie_Rick
CDUB98
AG
How the hell has runontexas not been here to defend his "honor" yet?

He's usually right on top of these things.
BQ_90
AG
CDUB98 said:

How the hell has runontexas not been here to defend his "honor" yet?

He's usually right on top of these things.
you misspelled Harold
CDUB98
AG
my bad
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Braddock is white????

Gig-Em2003
AG
Does 97.5 have a single sponsor? All of their commercial breaks consist of snippets from their own shows.
AustinCountyAg
looks like a cholo to me

JayAggie
AG
Quote:

Braddock is white????

I found this out about two weeks ago. Mind totally blown.
Coog97
Finn Maccumhail said:

Braddock is white????

You know this guy gets all kinds of leg.
BohunkAg
AG
Coog97 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Braddock is white????

Turkey legs maybe
Texaggie7nine
So why is Clanton still doing Rockets games?
7nine
Mr.Bond
AG
Isn't he a Rockets employee as well
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Texaggie7nine
Not sure. That must be weird to still have to work with 790 but also be fired from them.
7nine
JYDog90
AG
Listening to Matt Thomas do color last week on radio from SLC was a night and day difference from the saccharin stuff you get from Clanton on the broadcast.
Formerly Willy Wonka
BoxingAg84
BohunkAg said:

Coog97 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Braddock is white????

Turkey legs maybe
Braddock and Sean Jones canned.
https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Sports-talk-Jayson-Braddock-Sean-Jones-part-790-AM-13004904.php
Ag_07
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

BohunkAg said:

Coog97 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Braddock is white????

Turkey legs maybe
https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Sports-talk-Jayson-Braddock-Sean-Jones-part-790-AM-13004904.php

Sean Jones to file racial discrimination lawsuit in 5...4...3...2...
agdaddy04
AG
Didn't even realize Clanton was fired in May.
AustinCountyAg
I can see Braddock wanting to get in on that suite too. He is black as well (or so he thinks)
AustinCountyAg
Reading that link it seems like Braddock has nothing but a high school diploma to his name and just caught one helluva break at the right time. I guess his luck finally ran out.
RK
AG
a high school diploma is the equivalent of a phd when it comes to local sports radio.
Ag_07
AG
He does think that, but he's not a race baiting white man hater like Sean Jones.

I never really listened to them because I think Sean Jones is a horrible human being, but I never got the sense Braddock was a bad dude. Kinda odd with the whole wanna be black thing, but he always came across as a decent guy with decent viewpoints.

Jones is just the worst.
agfan2332
Was never a Braddock fan. He always pushed across that he knew more than everyone else when it came to football. Met him and was a nice guy, just didn't care for his takes. Sean Jones didn't give a damn about this show, just that his points were out there for everyone to hear.

E
AG
Ag_07 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

BohunkAg said:

Coog97 said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

Braddock is white????

Turkey legs maybe

Sean Jones to file racial discrimination lawsuit in 5...4...3...2...

Oh this will most definitely happen knowing Sean Jones. The black guy and wannabe black guy get canned while JOSH INNES still has a show somehow...
Furlock Bones
AG
because Innes's show is entertaining. now, does he get into some stupid rants at times? yes. but, overall, he's entertaining.
JayAggie
AG
Agree with Furlock. Innes is entertaining. Do I go to him for sports, no? But as he likes to point out I can only take so much DB depth talk and 3rd and long scenario breakdowns on 610. You never know what Innes will talk about. Do I want to have drink with the guy or be his friend, hell no! But he is entertaining.
W
AG
this morning was a perfect example of what's wrong (and what's been wrong) with 610 for a long while.

I tuned in right at 10am to catch Lopez' in-the-loop show...and there was no mention much less discussion about the Astros' 12th win-in-a-row and Bregman's walkoff....until 16 minutes into the show. And it was just a passing reference that the Astros had won again.

they spent the opening 15 minutes talking about the Texans and telling John McClain stories. Just idiotic. And I turned it off

MelvinUdall
It's just a matter of time before Innes is fired.
whiteman
MelvinUdall said:

Why? Having an entertaining show on a sports radio station?
agfan2332
97.5 controls the Houston market now and frankly probably will for a good while now. 790 getting Salisbury for afternoon's was good for them but I am curious who they are going to match with him.

Astros/Rockets being on 790 is what holds the channel afloat right now. 610 isn't going anywhere, but if you were to combine their lineup with 790's it doesn't hold a torch to what 97.5 has out there right now.
Bassmaster
AG
You turned it off before they discussed, at length, McClain's favorite restaurants in Houston? I would have never guessed that a fat guy had so many favorite Mexican food places.
Ag_07
AG
Nothing epitomizes Houston sports radio like John McClain wheezing into the microphone about his favorite restaurants, movies, and how great Baylor is.
MelvinUdall
whiteman said:

MelvinUdall said:

Why? Having an entertaining show on a sports radio station?

He will end up screwing up and get let go and then blame 790 and management as to why he was fired, nothing of his own doing, just listen to his rants about prior stops, he didn't take any responsibility.
Spoony Love
AG
Dude takes responsibility for his mistakes in Philly all the time. His issue from Philly is the soapbox they stood on to fire him which I admit I agree with him on but he also admits it was not the best move. He says all the time he screwed up in Philly.

Plus his Mattress Mack is hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.