Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes

51,636 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by redag06
Frederick Palowaski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

Where's the Innes fanboi telling everyone how great Josh was for this middle school stunt

That's runontexas. He will be along shortly to slob the Innes knob.
Icecream_Ag
S
Mr.NiceGuy said:

Icecream_Ag said:

Where's the Innes fanboi telling everyone how great Josh was for this middle school stunt

That's runontexas. He will be along shortly to slob the Innes knob.
knew him handle had run in it somewhere. Kinda shocked we are pushing 4 hours and 2 pages without a sighting
agproducer
AG
I won't lie. I like Innes' schtick. His show is what it is, and I find it entertaining. I used to list to Matt and Lance in the morning, and I was pissed when 790 pulled Pallilo for Innes. But, I've come around to his style.

I don't need the constant push of Texans talk like the talk that's on 610. The Texans were 4-12 last season. Will they be exciting this fall? Probably. But, it is January, the team doesn't have a pick in the first two rounds of the draft -- talk about something else.

Was Innes trying to cause trouble? Yep. So what? The stunt is a win-win for both stations in a sports radio market that's hurting for listeners. 610 gets to puff its chest out and say they are standing up against the trolls. 790 gets to stand up and say they are trying to fight the status quo.

I don't listen to sports talk radio for stats anyway. I listen to be entertained, and this whole thing -- love it or hate it -- is entertaining.
gougler08
AG
Why are people listening to anyone but John and Lance in the AM now?
agdaddy04
AG
97.5 reception sucks in my truck.
BohunkAg
AG
He got his whole station kicked off radio row. Gotta make a pro like Matt Thomas happy. He just got there today.

Bregxit
AG
BohunkAg said:

He got his whole station kicked off radio row. Gotta make a pro like Matt Thomas happy. He just got there today.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Liquid Wrench
I'm sure Innes appeals to a certain kind of sports radio listener, but to me he just seems like some unstable dude who looks and acts like he probably does not take frequent showers. I like the humor of screwing with people, but this looks more like he's mentally off and not someone I would enjoy being around.
Flashdiaz
AG
agproducer said:

I won't lie. I like Innes' schtick. His show is what it is, and I find it entertaining. I used to list to Matt and Lance in the morning, and I was pissed when 790 pulled Pallilo for Innes. But, I've come around to his style.

I don't need the constant push of Texans talk like the talk that's on 610. The Texans were 4-12 last season. Will they be exciting this fall? Probably. But, it is January, the team doesn't have a pick in the first two rounds of the draft -- talk about something else.

Was Innes trying to cause trouble? Yep. So what? The stunt is a win-win for both stations in a sports radio market that's hurting for listeners. 610 gets to puff its chest out and say they are standing up against the trolls. 790 gets to stand up and say they are trying to fight the status quo.

I don't listen to sports talk radio for stats anyway. I listen to be entertained, and this whole thing -- love it or hate it -- is entertaining.
it's entertaining like reality shows are entertaining. If that's your thing than good.

Personally, I don't like it. I don't like his schtick, he provides nothing of substance for me. The shock jock thing is tired.

I'll probably tune out until football season starts back up. And if i'm in a pro-Texan mood, 610 it is. If i'm feeling critical about the Texans, then it's 790.
Ag_07
AG
As he always does Josh was trolling and as he always does Seth was triggered
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

The shock jock thing is tired.
I hate to admit it on Texags, but over the last year or so I've listened a lot more to The Ticket from Dall-ass. They don't troll for callers, it's pretty laid back sports talk. And when they venture into non sports topics, they talk about bands and music venues that I actually know.
Jackal99
AG
agdaddy04 said:

This. I get better reception on 1560 than I do on 97.5.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Jackal99 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Same. 97.5 doesn't come in clearly anywhere in the Houston area for me.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Now all the shows are doing them in their hotel room hahahahahah

he is gone by the end of the week
Cloud
I DMed Matt Thomas. He doesn't think innes gets fired.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
He won't get fired for this. This is the most anyone has talked about 610 or 790 since John and Lance started back. He will get fired because his ratings suck and they will continue to get worse.
aTm2004
AG
kb91 said:

John McCain is looking as plump as ever.
whiteman
They will get more hits because of this, he ain't going no where.
spadilly
S
I imagine their sponsors probably won't be happy with them getting kicked out.
JayAggie
AG
As Seth said he's run out of options on being employable. I don't think he pulls this stunt without manager approval.

And I hate to admit it but with football almost over and the texans sucking I listen to 790 some. 610 really is clueless. 95% of their coverage is texans ALL...YEAR...LONG. It's okay to talk about other sports 610, and no not talking about the Dynamo or Dash, you can talk about the Astros and Rockets.
RK
AG
it's a strong statement when one has to say that john mcclain is the least annoying person in a video.
bularry
ChiliBeans said:

I'm sure Innes appeals to a certain kind of sports radio listener, but to me he just seems like some unstable dude who looks and acts like he probably does not take frequent showers. I like the humor of screwing with people, but this looks more like he's mentally off and not someone I would enjoy being around.
he isn't mentally off. he's just more goofy on air than most.

I listen to him some and gotta admit I find him pretty funny most of the time. I thought today was hilarious. those 610 guys were calling him out so he walked over and talked to them.

rambling on and on about Texas 3rd CB, etc just gets real old real quick.

and yes, I'd rather listen to 97.5 but I can't hardly get that station. ticks me off
The Milkman
AG
He's one of the biggest names in sports talk for a massive media market. He's succeeding whether or not you like his schtick or not.

I enjoy him. Feels much more casual and conversational than all the others. He's like Colin Cowherd to me (even kind of talks with the same cadence), while others are more of a Paul Finebaum
E
AG
Anyone have the ratings for their shows lately? I remember only seeing his first couple months and they were pretty terrible.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Jackal99 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Same. 97.5 doesn't come in clearly anywhere in the Houston area for me.
Ironically, 97.5 is the clearest if I'm headed out of town on 59N. It follows pretty far out.
BoxingAg84
Innes weighs in...

Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Typical josh anus. I make it through about 2 mins, then I say 'Shut up Anus' and change the station.
AggieWonWon
I'm fine with all the on personalities in Houston expect nick Wright glad that homo is gone .
Dr. Horrible
I loved listening to the drive home today. You could tell how pissed they were having to broadcast from the hotel room.
Bregxit
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Innes weighs in...

At about four fiddy.
Post removed:
by user
Wizard
Only time I've listed to Josh was during the Astros run and because of the Sparky interviews (radio gold).
I now exclusively listen to John and Lance in the morning and Fred and AJ in the afternoon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.