Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tikkashooter

86,937 Views | 764 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Woods Ag
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teslag said:

Fenrir said:

You can do whatever you want. Doing what the government tells you to do solely because it's what they tell you to do is not brave and does not absolve you from your own choices nor does it protect you from the ridicule of others when you broadcast it proudly on a message board.

Why I need absolving? I followed the rules and law and kept my job. Nothing ever happened to me for it because nothing I did was wrong. Now if I lose some E-cred on a college sports message board that's something I'm going to have to take to my grave now won't I?
Nothing happened to you because you did what the government wanted you to, not because it was moral or right. There are lots of people who have done very bad things that nothing has happened to for various reasons. Tying whether or not they were "wrong" to "did they get punished?" is a simplistic point of view (at this point that is a recurring trend with all of your arguments thus far on the subject really).
Eliminatus
AG
RCR06 said:

I feel like I have a good memory, but remembering what someone else posted two years ago is another level. I can't remember what I posted 2 years ago.
Its tough for sure but certain strong takes and writing styles stick with me. I can rarely recall off top of head of the previous usernames but enough to do a little digging most times.

An easy check for someone who has just changed their username and has a long history is just go through their post history. TA code doesn't go back and retroactively change the usernames if they have been replied to. (Staff please don't change this., it's literally the only way to 100% prove a UN change and the conditions have to be just right for it anyways)
tk111
AG
bigfoot10s said:

Staff - can we officially change the name of this thread to Teslag?
Tikka has got to be super stoked about the twist this thread has taken
Eliminatus
AG
tk111 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Ben Keating most of all
Teslag
AG
Fenrir said:

Teslag said:

Fenrir said:

You can do whatever you want. Doing what the government tells you to do solely because it's what they tell you to do is not brave and does not absolve you from your own choices nor does it protect you from the ridicule of others when you broadcast it proudly on a message board.

Why I need absolving? I followed the rules and law and kept my job. Nothing ever happened to me for it because nothing I did was wrong. Now if I lose some E-cred on a college sports message board that's something I'm going to have to take to my grave now won't I?
Nothing happened to you because you did what the government wanted you to, not because it was moral or right. There are lots of people who have done very bad things that nothing has happened to for various reasons. Tying whether or not they were "wrong" to "did they get punished?" is a simplistic point of view (at this point that is a recurring trend with all of your arguments thus far on the subject really).

You can take 10 different propel and get 10 different versions of what's moral. I think I'll be fine.
TH36
Snitches get stitches….
javajaws
AG
Teslag said:

Why should I have done anything differently when I chose to follow the rules and law? It's not a hard thing to do.
You've got some sort of superiority complex thinking that people can just up and quit their jobs in the middle of the COVID lockdown. The feds put some people in a VERY tough spot morally speaking due to their overreach and you just brush that off like it's some simple problem with black and white answers. I cannot respect that sort of opinion, sorry. This is the real world and the answers to these problems aren't that simple.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Eliminatus said:

RCR06 said:

I feel like I have a good memory, but remembering what someone else posted two years ago is another level. I can't remember what I posted 2 years ago.
Its tough for sure but certain strong takes and writing styles stick with me. I can rarely recall off top of head of the previous usernames but enough to do a little digging most times.

An easy check for someone who has just changed their username and has a long history is just go through their post history. TA code doesn't go back and retroactively change the usernames if they have been replied to. (Staff please don't change this., it's literally the only way to 100% prove a UN change and the conditions have to be just right for it anyways)

It is not hard for me to remember posters when they:

1) possess insight, knowledge, or expertise in an area relevant to the board

2) are kind, helpful, and willing to help others

3) are funny

4) are complete *******s

5) do and post things so egregious, that is all you think about when you see their username
AgEng06
AG
javajaws said:

The OB could teach a course on ethics!

With a supplementary lesson in mental gymnastics.
techno-ag
AG
Eliminatus said:

The COVID hysteria changed how I viewed the world forever. Since we are tossing out wrongdoings here:

Just wanted to remind those here or inform if unknown, but FlyRod over on Aggieland board actually no **** wanted help to locate local businesses in BCS, create a list of those still operating and turn them in to get shut down permanently. Staff was quick to kill that thread but I will never forget nor should anyone else that such people walk among us.

People like Anne Frank die because of people like FlyRod.

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Thisguy1
tk111 said:

bigfoot10s said:

Tikka = Fergie

Tesla = Ingrid Andress
duddleysdraw88
AG
Teslag said:

BenderRodriguez said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I care about how so many people like yourself that did terrible things to folks.

Yuuup.

We used to read about Germany in the 30s and wonder how people could treat each other that way…and wonder "what would I do in that situation?"

I'm not saying anything about the shot one way or the other, but if you supported vaccine passports or cheered when people got fired for refusing…you no longer have to wonder how you would have behaved….and neither do the rest of us.

That's a bit simplistic. I thought it was patently unfair that a lot of people quit or lost jobs due to vaccine mandates and refused to budge but then someone else would forge these documents in an attempt to keep theirs because they wanted it both ways. So no, I didn't feel sorry or them. Still don't. Hope whatever charges stuck and they are at least unemployable in federal service ever again.

It was and still is 100% unethical and immoral to force anyone to take something OR if they don't …. they get fired, relieved, or terminated (private sector OR gubment sector) due to their own personal decision not to participate!

THAT is the problem

*edit
I'm talking about any "med" that is rushed out without proper clinical trials, etc.
Prince_Ahmed
Teslag said:

Eliminatus said:

The COVID hysteria changed how I viewed the world forever. Since we are tossing out wrongdoings here:

Just wanted to remind those here or inform if unknown, but FlyRod over on Aggieland board actually no **** wanted help to locate local businesses in BCS, create a list of those still operating and turn them in to get shut down permanently. Staff was quick to kill that thread but I will never forget nor should anyone else that such people walk among us.

Eeek. Now that's some BS behavior. It's one thing to be passive and follow rules. It's quite another to act with malice and out of your way to harm others.
Ummm...

ttha_aggie_09
Teslag
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

Teslag said:

Eliminatus said:

Eeek. Now that's some BS behavior. It's one thing to be passive and follow rules. It's quite another to act with malice and out of your way to harm others.
Ummm...

Again read above. I didn't go out of my way to do anything. They came to me and it took all of maybe 5 minutes. But I wish you well in your crusade.
JD Shellnut
AG
Here's rooting for karma!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Somewhere there's a negative EV opinion going unchecked...
Teslag
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Karma doesn't exist.
duddleysdraw88
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Hope it catches up to the originators and instigators (and investors) mainly
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Work in O&G. We had this Covidiot HR lady at my previous employer that tried to get a bunch of us fired for not getting the FauciOuchy. They even gave out a 10k bonus to people that would get it and provide proof. Myself and the operators I managed that didn't want the shot held out until the court ruling came out that we didn't have to get it, never heard another word about it after the court ruling, it was just never mentioned again. Kinda wish I would have gotten the fake vaccine card and fleeced them out of 10k.
ttha_aggie_09
Prince_Ahmed
Teslag said:

Prince_Ahmed said:

Teslag said:

Eliminatus said:

Ummm...

Again read above. I didn't go out of my way to do anything. They came to me and it took all of maybe 5 minutes. But I wish you well in your crusade.
You have made it quite clear that you went out of your way to make sure everyone around you was following the rules, and you seem gleeful to be able to help the bad liars get caught.

Malice?
Out of your way?

Words have meaning.
Teslag
AG
I'm not afraid of needles. I'd have injected it directly into my heart for $10k
Teslag
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

Teslag said:

Prince_Ahmed said:

Teslag said:

Eliminatus said:

Ummm...

You have made it quite clear that you went out of your way to make sure everyone around you was following the rules, and you seem gleeful to be able to help the bad liars get caught.

Malice?
Out of your way?

Words have meaning.

Someone coming to your office for 5 minutes of your time is "going out of your way"?
Teslag
AG
And they weren't liars. They were criminal forgers.

Words have meaning.
O.G.
Today, I have been getting some loose ends tied up with work.

Staying on top of the Trump/latest news on the shooter/Secret Service

Staying on top of the Windows crash thing....

But mostly I've been here...waiting for the next post....hell of a day.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Teslag said:

I'm not afraid of needles. I'd have injected it directly into my heart for $10k

Nah, stood my ground and didn't sacrifice my dignity and morals. Also, accepted a job offer from our direct competitor and doubled my pay. **** their 10k, they can keep it, came out way ahead on the deal.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

Also, accepted a job offer from our direct competitor and doubled my pay

Fantastic. Absolutely the way it should be done.
duddleysdraw88
AG
Here you go T………

agrams
AG
good lord, I don't read this thread for a day and come back and I can't figure out what is happening..

this thread has more twists and turns than Michael J. Fox's signature...
javajaws
AG
agrams said:

good lord, I don't read this thread for a day and come back and I can't figure out what is happening..

this thread has more twists and turns than a nice piece of walnut burl...
fify
texAZtea
AG
Summary: everyone is attacking what they think the other person is saying rather than what is actually being said.

I looked through Teslag's post history and except for the part where they helped the feds spot falsified vaccine cards, which would have helped the feds oust people who were forging documents to keep their jobs (I'm not offering commentary, just summarizing), most of their posts were anti-mask and even anti-mandates.

Teslag, for their part, is saying everyone who didn't get the shot is afraid of needles and therefore a coward.

Strawman for everyone.
Teslag
AG
I realize people weren't "afraid of needles" but had genuine concern, as they should. But as you noticed, when people ignore the totality of my position then I have little inclination to do the same in return.

I never supported mandates, lockdowns, wore a mask, etc. But you'd think I did based on assumptions.
aggiepublius
TRSAggie01
AG
Teslag said:

My company IS the feds. You can't forge medical records and keep your job. It's not going to happen.

The feds are the most corrupted organization there is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.