Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tikkashooter

86,951 Views | 764 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Woods Ag
tk111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OB Inception.

Should we start taking bets on what his next sock will be?
35chililights
AG
agsalaska said:

It will be well received.

mhnatt
Bender plz run for city council. It would be dope.
Woods Ag
AG
**** yes Bender!

Nice work! Nice work OB!

I love this board for this reason. Wish it was as unified in other boards. Down with the Masters!
BenderRodriguez
AG
mhnatt said:

Bender plz run for city council. It would be dope.
Hard no.

Politicians are worms.
OnlyForNow
AG
All the more reason I'm writing you in!
SA_Ag93
AG
I'm going to put the over/under on 6.5 months before Bender is able to prove out PFG/Tikka's gen 3 user name.
agsalaska
AG
tx4guns said:

Everything you saw go down with this thread is why I don't pay for a star here anymore and rarely even visit the forum anymore. The overreaching censorship by the mods became tiresome years ago, and it looks like nothing has changed.
We really haven't had the mods screw up like this in a long time on the OB. Its been years since I can remember them bothering us. Hopefully they don't come back for a while.

They have always struggled handling posters like tikka. The thread that initially started it was cruising right along until Tikka came and just **** all over it. But as usual instead of dealing with the problem child it was people responding to him that caught bans. If they would have dealt with Tikka then none of this would have happened.

[As already noted privately with Bender. We have no email record of any users complaining about Tikka and before yesterdays Tikka thread, Tikka had about 20 flags thrown and cleared(because it was deleted or another reason) on his nearly 3,000 posts over the last 3 years. That is not going to be a record that prompts a full investigation into a user and their potential past accounts. Just commenting and arguing with a user on threads does not create a record for us to reference and look into. If there are some of you that did email or PM in on this user, please forward those emails into us, we would be happy to review them and enter them into this case for future reference. We will come back on here and admit that a user emailed or PM'd us and we missed it. We have nothing to hide here. In the assassination thread derail case, all a user had to do is email us and say, "hey, this thread was cruising right along, this user is messing it all up and this is not the first time he has done this, we really do think they are PFG, can you investigate because we are tired of dealing with this." That one email would have prompted a deeper dive. It even prevents Bender from ever being banned and all of us move along. That was not the way you guys handled it and we had to pull down this thread for 9 minutes(NINE) to make sure we understood the situation and make sure there was not anything posted on the thread that could be screenshot that would make things go sideways for us as a company. Bender was pulled from the site for 62 minutes and pulled from the site at the exact same time at Tikka. He has already posted again today and had full freedom to post 62 minutes after he was pulled off. We worked as quickly as possible to confirm things well enough on both the thread front and users involved. Outside of users posting mischaracterizations over our intent during that 62 minutes last night and throughout today, everything would have been resolved in less than an hour last night or resolved completely yesterday around 2:30pm had Bender simply emailed us his case against Tikka or resolved even earlier if someone had emailed us at any point in time over the three years the account existed. Again, if there are messages(not posts on threads, messages sent to us via email or PM) that any of you have sent, please forward them to us, but as far as we are concerned, this case is closed. -Staff]

CTGilley
AG
There was a mass exodus about the time of Covid. There is a thread about it somewhere where I was called out by name for leaving/posting less. Some of us still lurk at times but it was easy to see the amount of good useful information on the OB drop off.
Texaggie7nine
Seems like this is a good lesson to the many accounts on this site that are created out of having previous banned accounts. If you get paranoid about people accusing you of being a previous poster, just ignore it. If you spaz out and try to get people banned for mentioning it, you will only draw more attention to yourself.

I'm one myself (originally Texaggie79 banned after criticizing Franchione for the underhanded way he left Bama).
7nine
agsalaska
AG
Yea it was in 2018. Someone bumped it earlier. But since then a lot of people have come back posting more and the mods have for the most part stayed away.

It's not quite the old days but it's been a lot better the last several years.
txags92
AG
agsalaska said:

tx4guns said:

Everything you saw go down with this thread is why I don't pay for a star here anymore and rarely even visit the forum anymore. The overreaching censorship by the mods became tiresome years ago, and it looks like nothing has changed.
We really haven't had the mods screw up like this in a long time on the OB. Its been years since I can remember them bothering us. Hopefully they don't come back for a while.

They have always struggled handling posters like tikka. The thread that initially started it was cruising right along until Tikka came and just **** all over it. But as usual instead of dealing with the problem child it was people responding to him that caught bans. If they would have dealt with Tikka then none of this would have happened.

The problems now are all still the same as they were back then. Moderation occurs according to an unclear and apparently very flexible set of rules that are applied very unevenly by anonymous mods who rarely deign to explain the reasons for what they are doing. When a mod makes the decision to delete a thread with lots of activity in it that was started with a POTD winning OP and/or ban a user, they should be required to leave a placeholder behind explaining what rules were broken/why they did it. If they can't explain in a couple of sentences why they are doing it, maybe they should take a step back and question whether they should be doing it at all.
dubi
AG
Quote:

When a mod makes the decision to delete a thread with lots of activity in it that was started with a POTD winning OP and/or ban a user, they should be required to leave a placeholder behind explaining what rules were broken/why they did it. If they can't explain in a couple of sentences why they are doing it, maybe they should take a step back and question whether they should be doing it at all.
Bingo!
BenderRodriguez
AG
SA_Ag93 said:

I'm going to put the over/under on 6.5 months before Bender is able to prove out PFG/Tikka's gen 3 user name.

Not a goal I have. The point isnt to play "gotcha" with a stranger online. I dont care who he is or what name he posts under.

In general most people on this bord can discuss, disagree etc civilly. Even uncivilly usually works too. That includes pfg/tikka.

This isnt about getting pfg/tikka kicked off the site, or even trying to get him to stop being who he is. I dont expect him to apologize for lying or even own up to his juvenile behavior.

But this place sure works better when he doesnt go crying to the mods after behaving poorly.
valtosca
AG
You're a good man BenderRodriguez.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Weird that Tikkashooter hasn't appeared in this thread yet . . .
BenTheGoodAg
AG
BenderRodriguez
AG
Dang it! That would have been so much better!
Breggy Popup
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Seems like this is a good lesson to the many accounts on this site that are created out of having previous banned accounts. If you get paranoid about people accusing you of being a previous poster, just ignore it. If you spaz out and try to get people banned for mentioning it, you will only draw more attention to yourself.

I'm one myself (originally Texaggie79 banned after criticizing Franchione for the underhanded way he left Bama).

This is still what pops in my head every time I see your username.
FTAG 2000
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

Probably spooled up a new account, and is posting on texags elsewhere to get his post count up to come chime in.
agsalaska
AG

Oh he did. They must have deleted it. He was all over it.
BenderRodriguez
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Probably spooled up a new account, and is posting on texags elsewhere to get his post count up to come chime in.

He did post. Didnt address the lying but did make lame little comments about being able to dox another user. Posts got deleted, like all of his bad behavior does.
zooguy96
AG
Breggy Popup said:

Texaggie7nine said:

This is still what pops in my head every time I see your username.

Yep.

And, typical Texags comment would be "I'd like to seven her nine".
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
schmellba99
AG
agsalaska said:

This sums up TA moderaton in a nutshell. Same on F16, was the same on the Tine board, probably worse on Aggieland and General.

It is very frustrating to see the same posters over and over again operate in a manner that others cannot, and to see yourself and others who are either singled out by those posters or respond to them be the ones that get banned (usually with no explanation). I also hate the fact that mods are anonymous. They should be known on every board IMO.
CTGilley
AG
I have blocked a couple people over the years. It just keeps you from seeing what they post unless you unhide. It makes for a more enjoyable reading experience. I only do it to people that are prone to **** slinging and add no value to posts. I know I have unblocked at least one person that calmed down.

I have had several spirited debates on this board. They go about their day and I go about mine agreeing to disagree. A.k.a. they think I'm dumb. I think they're dumb.
Tx95Ag
AG
In! Page 12!!!

Blue parachute for you, sir. Sadly, I missed all the excitement the last few days by being hard at work.
agrams
AG

he did, and made some thinly veiled threats to specific persons that their IG account is public..

if anyone should have gotten a timeout in this thread, it should have been for that.
TacosaurusRex

[No he did not. As already noted in our post above. His mod record was not one that would have grabbed our attention. We have very few emails from this user over the last 3 years and most of the ones we do have are the ones where we are explaining to him why he was banned. None of the emails have anything to do with him asking us to moderate anyone on this forum or any other forum. -Staff]
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Maybe Tikka is Jorts
trouble
AG
Nope
zooguy96
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Maybe Tikka is Jorts

That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I remember seeing him at an Aggie Basketball game back in the day, and I was like "That's Texags royalty".

I'm just Texags lolpoor serf.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
UnderoosAg
AG
https://images.app.goo.gl/Pw2kGG72B87NLuNW9

Ninnne *CLAP* minutes!
dr_boogs
AG
NVM - found out what I needed to know.
TacosaurusRex
TacosaurusRex said:

The guy certainly seems to have the ear of a mod. I am 99% positive he started one of those I am pro 2A but threads and got absolutely mushroom stamped because of it, and that thread seems to have vanished. Maybe I am just remembering things wrong though.

[No he did not. As already noted in our post above. His mod record was not one that would have grabbed our attention. We have very few emails from this user over the last 3 years and most of the ones we do have are the ones where we are explaining to him why he was banned. None of the emails have anything to do with him asking us to moderate anyone on this forum or any other forum. -Staff]
Fair enough.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Aggie Dad 26
Staff with the head shot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.