Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2016

583,373 Views | 2152 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
12f Mane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not long once they get a grip and suffocate/stop blood flow. They are strong snakes.
Stive
AG
quote:
Not long once they get a grip and suffocate/stop blood flow. They are strong snakes.
Same thing on Indigo's with Rattlers?
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
quote:
Same thing on Indigo's with Rattlers?

And pythons with Male organs in Thailand! LOL
Stive
AG
Guess I don't get the joke....
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Guess I don't get the joke....
Sorry....read the other recent post regarding snake biting. A man in Thailand was on the crapper when an 11 foot python that was in the plumbing, latched onto his manhood.
12f Mane
AG
I'd say kings constrict more than indigos. I believe indigos just crush and tear up the head/neck of their prey until they die.

A few years ago I came up on an indigo eating a rattlesnake. It was about halfway down and the snake got spooked and spit it out. This is what the head of the rattlesnake looked like:

Post removed:
by user
Throwout
AG
I find those indigo snakes fascinating. Definitely link that article if you can find it.
eric76
AG
quote:
How about a consolidation of snakes you guys see in one thread this year? I'll answer your ID questions and post some as I see them to keep it at the top.

Snake season never really ends here so here are a few I've seen so far this year.

Prairie kingsnake

Small piece of metal that had 5 copperheads under it

Years ago, a city relative of mine was going to help me move a stock tank from one pasture to another. The stock tank was already drained and empty so all we had to do was to load it on a trailer.

We walked up to the tank and my cousin started to bend over to stick his fingers underneath the tank to pick it up. I told him not to do that.

I then grabbed the top rim and lifted it up to see underneath it. There were three rattlesnakes within a couple of yards of where he was going to stick his fingers -- the closest with its head a couple of inches away.
eric76
AG
quote:
Never heard of gardner, but garter snakes are common and neat little snakes from my part of the world. The most common rattlesnake mimic I know is the bull snake. Very cool snakes, they get very big. When imitating, they flatten their head, coil, shake their banded tail, and make a rattle-like sound with their mouth. Quite convincing. I've had one strike at me, after I had positively identified him as a bull. Still made me jump.
I got bit by one once in junior high. It definitely hurt. Never did tell my parents, though.

A few years ago I found a large bullsnake on the road near the church. Afraid it might get run over, I was determined to get it off of the road. We argued that point for about 15 minutes -- it was his road and he wasn't going to move.

I finally emptied a cardboard box of oil cans in the trunk and used the box between me and the snake to herd it off of the road. That snake was mad as hell and struck the box repeatedly.
Post removed:
by user
4stringAg
AG

4stringAg
AG
New Hampshire Ag
AG
Nice looking copperhead
End Of Message
AG
quote:

Chipotlemonger
AG

Kind of snake?
dodger02
AG
I got this one!

Diamondback Rattlesnake
oneeyedag
Kind that loves affection, long walks and spooning.
ZooGuy
Saved 3 black rat snakes today. They are out everywhere.
Spotted Ag
AG
Cute little things filmed in North Carolina

Post removed:
by user
12f Mane
Longstreet
Found this one while kayaking at Beavers Bend. 18-24 inch range I guess. He didn't like it when I drifted closer so he left.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Clearly you're mistaken.... No water moccasin would ever tried to avoid human interaction. They are possessed by Satan himself to attack all persons, particularly children, that come within 50 yds of contact.

Cool pics! Glad he wanted to get away from you as much as you probably did him.
Sean98
AG
They only do that once they reach 25". Once they get to that threshold then RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
Tursiops93
AG
Don't know how to post a vid directly here so this is a link. You don't see this everyday!
http://wspa.com/2016/06/01/video-snakes-dropping-from-ceiling-into-mans-home-in-upstate/
Bassmaster
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Broad banded water snake
Bassmaster
AG

Not sure what happened with my previous post.
ursusguy
AG
Broad banded water snake
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Not sure but the pic wasn't embedded... it was a broad banded
Bassmaster
AG
I see it now with the vertical lines on the face.
Sean98
AG
...ahhhh, the sunshine, she is warm.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Know how I know you're single?

You planted a fake Christmas tree off your doorstep.
Tabasco
AG
Snake ID please. Sugar Land TX

https://imgur.com/a/1Dzmj

pic embedded on next page. Would not work from phone for some reason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.