Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2016

583,294 Views | 2152 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
haha! That would probably be more like 80%
12f Mane
AG
My guess is internet picture of python rolled up in hay
Zemira
AG
I never liked farms because they had snakes, but if you think I'm ever walking through tall grass ever again. nope nope nope.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Interesting picture! That is definitely a large snake. Python does sound like a good guess.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
That snake was thinking, "oh crud, duck the blades! Move away from the rake! I'll just sit here since it's already mowed and raked... What's that nois... UMPH UMPH UMPH UMPH UMPH UMPH... Well crap..."

I would have to make sure that thing was dead, before trying to get it out. Otherwise you'd be meeting the workd's angriest snake!
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
johnrth

juvenile rough earth snake? The cat was messing with it in the garage. maybe 3.5" in length. from a distance it looked like a worm but when it started rolling around some it had a white underside. I took him back outside where the cat couldn't get him.

If he is a juvenile am I bound to see more around the house? Last thing I need is the cat to bring one inside as a "gift" like he likes to do with lizards. The wife would absolutely lose her **** if she woke up with a dead snake in the house.
Badace52
AG
That's a sub-adult/adult size of that species, probably not going to see a lot of babies if that's what you are worried about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FSGuide
Chuck-

Would that world's angriest snake be angrier than a guy with a freshly dead dog, still on a leash that is stuck under an 18-wheeler tire?

I thought about that story the other day and LOL'ed for real. People looked at me like I was crazy.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Oh man...
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
4stringAg
AG
Going back to the rattlesnake in the zoo.

This is a picture of the eastern diamondback in the Memphis Zoo. I feel similar about this one as the poster did about the western in the Houston Zoo. Really wicked looking snake.

And speaking of heads like a hammer, this is the gaboon in the adjacent enclosure:
Madaman
I'm guessing broad banded water snake but he was slightly aggresive, stunk up the garage, and too many kids around. He had to die. About two feet long when alive.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Broad Banded - most water snakes tend to be aggressive
OnlyForNow
AG
And stinky once you bother em.
ZooGuy
For future reference, a broom and a square trash can make an easy method to move a snake from an area.
tx4guns
AG
Yellow Bellied Water Snake refused to leave our decoy spread this morning, and was doing his best cottonmouth impression. He died before daylight.
GinaLinetti
AG
Stolen from fb. What is that? Other than a nope. I'll head down the road.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Gopher Snake? Not really sure... My sister lives in LA and runs into them on hikes a lot and it looks like one.
tx4guns
AG
Looks like a prairie rattler.
jbanda
AG
Indeed.
Credible Source
AG

Ford Ranch in Brady, shot a few minutes ago.
OnlyForNow
AG
Saw quite a few of those guys up by Melvin this spring.
Old Town Ag
AG
quote:

Ford Ranch in Brady, shot a few minutes ago.

Whoever is holding that dead snake that close to the head is asking for trouble. Probably more dead snakes bite people than live ones!
Credible Source
AG
It was me, it's ok though, trouble is my middle name.

Edit: That's a lie its Paul
ttha_aggie_09
AG

Can you find it?
Can you guess what it is? (I already know)

Spotted near El Campo looking for grasshoppers
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i can spot it right in the middle of the pic but having trouble identifying it on my phone. ribbon snake?
FrioAg 00
AG
Always just called them grass snakes. Picked one up out of a tree about a month ago. About 30 inches long, brought him to the kids to see and play with.

Felt real cool and all, but i'll be honest - he was curling all over my arm and I may have gunned it pretty fast on the 4wheeler that trip
Log
AG
Green mamba.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
i can spot it right in the middle of the pic but having trouble identifying it on my phone. ribbon snake?

Well done! 1000 internet points for you
AZAG08
AG
quote:

Can you find it?
Can you guess what it is? (I already know)

Spotted near El Campo looking for grasshoppers
I kicked up one about 2 ft long the other day mowing.
Jumped off the mower and tried to run after it, but it disappeared too quick into some thick grass and under the fence (I think)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I was going to catch him but was on a conference call. Watched him for 15mins just cruising up and down the grass, fence, and up the cedar post. It was fun to watch.
Fishing Fools
Three feet is as close as I get to these things. What is it with the black part of the tail?

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
he's shy
tx4guns
AG
The elusive Ostrich Snake...
TxKng82
AG
You throw ice on it in the second pic?
Fishing Fools
Yes...if snakes could cuss!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.