Outdoors
Sponsored by

Workshop Thread

802,666 Views | 1839 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECond2noneAgs
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieJ29
AG
quote:
quote:
Was this BS too?

quote:
My family settled in what is now Brazos county in 1833, my great great Grandfather Samuel B. "Grandsir" Barnes, and his nine sons and their families came out by wagon from Iredell County N.C. They were sharecroppers that came out west to get some free land of their own, instead of working for a small share of the crop and not owning the land in which they lived on.

They settled out on what is now known as DIlly Shaw Tap Rd on the edge of where the town of Kurten now is. Boonville was the main borough on the Austin Colonies, what is now what we know as BCS. Each Soon received a section of land via Spanish Land Grant for pledging their allegiance to the Republic Militia. Those nine section still makeup the Dairy out on Dilly Shaw Tap Rd that is still in family operation today. My great Grandfather Frederick Whitfield Barnes and his 8 brothers fought in numerous skirmishes. My Great grandfather was wounded in the skirmish on the Sabine, when they were defending the port area at the mouth. Supplies were brought in at the mouth of the Sabine and Buffalo Bayou often and had to be protected. His life was saved from his wound, due to a farrier hammer he carried in his ruck, because he was a blacksmith. The lead ball left the impression of the hammer head in his back, and was still there when he died years later, from old age, he was reportedly 118.

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2604017/2

What. In. The. Actual. ****,
TwoMarksHand
AG
So is all of this BS or what

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:
Mark Barnes, a 1982 Texas A&M graduate who said he was with Allen when the letter was found, snapped a picture of it and posted it along with several other photos of Texas A&M football mementos on the popular fan website TexAgs.com.

"It's like the coolest thing we've ever had," Barnes said. "It's like a historic document."
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
He played on the 9th grade Hill Highlanders football team in 76. so his claim on being from bryan seems iffy.
Also graduating by 82 from a&m would have been tough.
How did he have time to play football when he was doing NASCAR in 7th grade?
ag92tx
He probably forged that letter
Aggies Revenge
AG
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:
Mark Barnes, a 1982 Texas A&M graduate who said he was with Allen when the letter was found, snapped a picture of it and posted it along with several other photos of Texas A&M football mementos on the popular fan website TexAgs.com.

"It's like the coolest thing we've ever had," Barnes said. "It's like a historic document."

Sonofa*****!
Guitarsoup
AG
Countdown until he blames hackers.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

Allen is probably legit, it's Barnes you can't trust.
ag92tx
quote:
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

That's what I'm thinking.
Pabby
AG
Unless Allen is made up by Barnes. Look at the comments in the ESPN article by that Allen guy. Spewing a lot of rumors that sound like MFBarnes garbage.
tmaggie50
AG
Could Coach Bible be behind all of this?!?!
DDSO
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Unless Allen is made up by Barnes. Look at the comments in the ESPN article by that Allen guy. Spewing a lot of rumors that sound like MFBarnes garbage.
Hmm
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

lol
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Could Coach Bible be behind all of this?!?!
Illuminati bro
PabloEsteban87
AG
quote:
How did he have time to play football when he was doing NASCAR in 7th grade?

Well if this thread has shown us anything, it's that mfbarnes is one hell of a multi-tasker. I'm sure it was no problem for him.
BohunkAg
AG
I just wanted to post on this thread.

Hi.
itsyourboypookie
quote:
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

Does anyone know Allen? He must know Barnes?
Ag2012
AG
Mother of God
PJYoung
AG
Allen's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/harrison.j.allen
ag92tx
Yep. I have a feeling the entire letter is a fraud too
Charpie
AG
I have a facebook friend in common with him
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

he only became friends with barnes on fb on March 11
sts7049
AG
quote:
And guess who knows someone that works with his wife, facts are being checked as we speak
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

1919 Recruiting Letter

quote:

he only became friends with barnes on fb on March 11
ag92tx
Alright everyone go to YouTube I found his channel. It's Mark F Barnes
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:

It's already happened. I PM'd him, and he answered me. That was basically his excuse.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
Allen can be found on the AFS website.
carpe vinum
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
quote:

It's already happened. I PM'd him, and he answered me. That was basically his excuse.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

Too bad Texags loss ip addresses.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:

Post the PM
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Alright everyone go to YouTube I found his channel. It's Mark F Barnes

you're way behind catch up
good nuggets
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.