Apple iPhone Event 2017

30,949 Views | 440 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WES2006AG
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
man.. some of you remind me of little Ralphie waiting on his decoder ring!
Brick Tamland
I would try if I were you. They usually have some stock on the day they go on sale.
Charpie
AG
I ordered my watches through Apple and had them ship to the store. I pick them both up tonight.

My phone is on the truck. Two new toys for me and one for my daughter. Feels like Christmas.
Charpie
AG
Meant this face
jtmoney03
AG
Just curious...when did you order through Apple? I preordered 2 watches at the same time as my 8+ at around 2:30am on 9/15 and they are both out for delivery this morning with the phone.
jtmoney03
AG
Also, in all the years I've had an iPhone, I've never preordered. Should I expect the phone and two watches to show up in the same box, or will 3 different UPS drivers have the good fortune of stopping by today?
k20dub
AG
You forgot the 3rd and what will actually happen option: same driver, 3 different boxes.
CFTXAG10
AG
My 8+ is out for delivery today. Hopefully will have a smooth transaction on selling my 6+ over the weekend.
khkman22
AG
Javelina said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Bought an 8 for the wife as a surprise because her 6's battery is not cutting it anymore. Never bought directly from Apple before, just want to make sure if she wants a different color or decides to go up to the 8+, I should be able to return it within 7 or 14 days, correct?
What are you going to do with her 6? Any interest in selling it?
I'm probably going to wait a bit hoping Apple puts a refurbished 7 for sale. If you don't need it right away, I may be getting rid of it in a month or two.
hph6203
AG
Don't have much confidence in UPS' infrastructure if you think 3 drivers are going to show up....
khkman22
AG
My battery life has been worse since the upgrade. Not too surprised it is, but it's been worse than expected. I have noticed that the phone seems to be adjusting the brightness on its own though. I use Night Shift at night so I don't know if it is resetting wrong after that or what. I haven't used Control Center much after first setting it up, so I don't think it's because I'm accidentally adjusting it from there. Anybody else have issues with the phone adjusting brightness on its own with iOS 11?
Brick Tamland
hph6203 said:

Don't have much confidence in UPS' infrastructure if you think 3 drivers are going to show up....

At my place in Dallas we get two drivers a day. One mid morning and one mid afternoon. Really weird but they come from different shipping locations.
GarlandAg2012
AG
North Park Apple Store was busy but not insanely slammed. In and out in about 15 minutes picking up an 8. Employee said they opened early this morning and it wasn't very crowded. Confirmed that he thought the X was hurting 8 sales/preorders and there will likely be good availability in store going forward. Forgot to ask about the Watch.
Brick Tamland
Anyone have any thoughts? Or is it just another iPhone?
jtmoney03
AG
k20dub said:

You forgot the 3rd and what will actually happen option: same driver, 3 different boxes.

You win!
jtmoney03
AG
hph6203 said:

It was more tongue in cheek rather than a lack of confidence. I've ordered 2 of the same things before from the same vendor at the same time where one came from McKinney and one from Mesquite. For the watches, they came from 2 different places in China, and I wondered if they would follow they same path. Turns out they did today.
Brick Tamland
My 8 just got here. I really love the glass back and true tone
EarlyAg07
AG
UPS has already screwed up delivering my wife's phone and not delivered claiming my address isn't valid. Waiting to see if FedEx can figure out how to deliver mine
TexAgsAnon
Brick Tamland said:

Anyone have any thoughts? Or is it just another iPhone?
Coming off the 7+, it's just another iPhone with a few quality of life tweaks.

If you're coming from a 6 or 6s, you'll be more impressed I think.
Charpie
AG
Good luck with fed ex and AT&T. Call the office now and make sure they don't send it back
Brick Tamland
Now trying to decide if I should get a black leather case or a white silicone one

/Twitter.com
EarlyAg07
AG
FedEx actually delivered without issue. Now for fun with UPS...
Desert Power
AG
I have a feeling Verizon and others will do a trade-in promo like they did last year if sales aren't what they expected. It would be pretty sweet to get a new iPhone for the cheap cheap.
Brick Tamland
AT&T was doing a buy one get one free deal last week for the 8
WES2006AG
AG
I'm coming from a 6S+ and have been using my 8+ for about an hour. This thing is incredibly fast and the glass back does look good. The true tone also makes the screen seem like a nice upgrade.

Charpie
AG
I can totally feel and tell the difference between my 7 plus to the 8 plus. I'm in love.

Can't wait to get my watch tonight
khkman22
AG
Brick Tamland said:

AT&T was doing a buy one get one free deal last week for the 8
But was that just like the 7 where it required adding a new line and also a two year contract with DirecTV or DirecTV Now? I told my parents about the one for the 7 and then saw all the fine print that killed it since they weren't going to switch to Direct, much less add a new line.
Brick Tamland
Not sure. My sister did it, switching from Sprint to AT&T but they already have DirecTV
Diet Cokehead
AG
i feel like iOS11 has been a little buggy. Like I was typing a text earlier today and the keyboard disappeared and wouldn't come back untll i restarted Messages.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

I'm coming from a 6S+ and have been using my 8+ for about an hour. This thing is incredibly fast and the glass back does look good. The true tone also makes the screen seem like a nice upgrade.

This. Loving it so far.
hatchback
AG
Finally got my 8+ set up this morning. Holy cow! Quite the upgrade from my 6. It's going to take some getting use to the size of the plus. But, damn this thing is fast.
SoCerFrek
I also upgraded from a 6plus to 8plus and the difference in speed/responsiveness is enormous. Definitely a better user experience.
Javelina
AG
Iphone 8 is a screamer.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-8-benchmarks-fastest-phone,review-4676.html
degreedy
AG
SoCerFrek said:

I also upgraded from a 6plus to 8plus and the difference in speed/responsiveness is enormous. Definitely a better user experience.

This is great to hear. I have the 6+ and should have the 8+ by the end of the week if fedex does their job. Sounds like I made a good choice.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Not a new phone, but after the IOS update, I am getting a nag screen about the no activity during driving or whatever it is called. Is there a way to turn that screen off? I set it the first time to not set that up but it came back again. I'm not going to like having to deal with that every day or two.

I don't need a nanny (unless she's hot).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.