Apple iPhone Event 2017

30,010 Views | 440 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WES2006AG
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GarlandAg2012 said:

Charlie Conway said:

can we just get a phone with: better camera, nice screen, faster processor, and more battery life

don't need anything else
That's called the iphone 8
i want that cool screen though
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Nevermind. AirPower
GarlandAg2012
AG
How could you have an edge to edge screen with a home button? If you don't mind losing the home button whats wrong with the iPhone X?
SuperAg05
AG
Wait. Wtf? AirPower? So they're ok with Qi, but are ALSO releasing their own standard as well?
Javelina
AG
Does Apple pay people to sit in the audience and whoop and holler like dip****s.
Ag CPA
AG
The whooper is driving me crazy, time to shut this down.
Pro Ag
AG
Thanks, I missed it in the image on my phone. Bummed there won't be a price drop.
Breggy Popup
AG
Javelina said:

Does Apple pay people to sit in the audience and whoop and holler like dip****s.

No. People pay Apple to sit in the audience and whoop and holler like dip****s.
Javelina
GarlandAg2012
AG
Not super clear if AirPower is a separate standard. Could that just be the name of their Qi pad?
tamusc
AG
SuperAg05 said:

Wait. Wtf? AirPower? So they're ok with Qi, but are ALSO releasing their own standard as well?
It's a multidevice charging implementation that they are working with the Qi standards body to integrate into the Qi standard.
Javelina
AG
November release for the X.
Javelina
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Not super clear if AirPower is a separate standard. Could that just be the name of their Qi pad?
I thought it was the integrated charge monitoring on the phone.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Lol. $1000 for 64 gig.
Javelina
AG
That's insane.

I think I'm going to just pick up a 7.
The Original AG 76
AG
Did they say anything about a new iOS ??
Pman17
AG
Release November, 10 months later, all the phones will be like that and cheaper
tamusc
AG
Javelina said:

Yeah, so you have to preorder on 9/15 still and then wait until November??
Brick Tamland
Preorder October 27
tamusc
AG
Pman17 said:

Yeah, if it was going to be available at the same time, I'd be tempted, but now I think I might ride it out with my 7 Plus.
Javelina
AG
tamusc said:

Javelina said:

Can't preorder until the end of October.
Pman17
AG
tamusc said:

Javelina said:

No, Pre-Orders for the X are 10/27
tamusc
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Preorder October 27
Ahh, okay. I had to hop on a conference call in the middle of that and missed that part.
Brick Tamland
Pman17 said:

This is how I'm looking at it. Was really hoping for 128GB for $1000. I'll still probably just get the X anyways
tamusc
AG
At least a 10/27 preorder date gives us more time to evaluate to X and see how well the Face ID actually works in the wild, assuming Apple lets reviewers actually have them ahead of time.
hatchback
AG
I'll be preordering an 8+ on Friday. I'm so ready to ditch my 6 that's got a quickly fading battery.
tamusc
AG
hatchback said:

I'll be preordering an 8+ on Friday. I'm so ready to ditch my 6 that's got a quickly fading battery.
Yeah, I think it's a no brainer for someone with a 6, but I'm not sure the 8 Plus is enough to ditch my 7 Plus.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'll be ditching my 6s for the X, I think.
Javelina
AG
I want at least 128 gigs of storage. Really depends on the delta between the 256 8 plus and the 256 X, since neither will be offered in 128.

I ordered a new battery for my 6 last week, hopefully that will solve the draining issues I'm having if I decide to hold out for the X.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Unless something bad happens, I'm riding my 6s Plus for another year. And even if it croaked, I'd only go 8 Plus. Just not enough in the X to convince me that it's worth $1k.
Pman17
AG
tamusc said:

hatchback said:

Yeah, I think it's a no brainer for someone with a 6, but I'm not sure the 8 Plus is enough to ditch my 7 Plus.
Yea, I have the 1 yr Next program so I can just give AT&T my 7 for the 8 if I wanted to and still pay the same monthly. New portrait mode is cool but that's about it. Who wireless charges?
3rdGen2015
AG
Javelina said:

I want at least 128 gigs of storage. Really depends on the delta between the 256 8 plus and the 256 X, since neither will be offered in 128.

I ordered a new battery for my 6 last week, hopefully that will solve the draining issues I'm having if I decide to hold out for the X.
I don't understand why they went 64/256. I love the 128 size I have in the 7. But I just looked at the prices for the 7 and 7 plus and it looks like it was a $100 increase between the size tiers (when there were three tiers). So expect a $200 increase when you go from 64gb to 256gb.
Javelina
AG
If the price difference is only $150-$200 bucks, I'll probably go with it just for the novelty. I had just about convinced myself to go with the 7 when I realized that I am THAT ready to go to something with wireless charging.
Pman17
AG
Hoping other retailers will drop the price of the Series 2 to sell it off. I was hoping for a continuation with it and a $100 price drop. They're keeping the Series 1! Yuck!

Getting one for my gf
Pman17
AG
iOS 11 GM is out!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.