******** Dallas Cowboys 2020 Season ********

129,909 Views | 1905 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Kashchei
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Saint Pablo said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Yes the top 5 pick would be great but the Skins have Alex Smith playing
The BengAls have no QB or tb
The eagles have Carson playing who got outplayed by Baker

Those teams are now worse than the cowboys

I wouldn't say this definitively, especially considering the way the Redskins beat our asses last time we played!
So about that...

Cowboys prob win that game if they dont run the 2nd worst fake punt in NFL history
All I do is Nguyen
I'm hoping the Cowboys tank for a new LT or an ELITE DL talent, or both. Honestly I'd trade Zeke and Tyron for picks, rebuild the OL and let Pollard run it. He is doing a fine job so far.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

I'm hoping the Cowboys tank for a new LT or an ELITE DL talent, or both. Honestly I'd trade Zeke and Tyron for picks, rebuild the OL and let Pollard run it. He is doing a fine job so far.

Aint nobody trading for Zeke

Chipotlemonger
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Is anyone really disappointed about losing at this point?

This team is injured more than any cowboys team I've ever seen.

I'm always partial to the Thanksgiving game, would've liked to get this W!
TyHolden
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Is anyone really disappointed about losing at this point?

This team is injured more than any cowboys team I've ever seen.
I'm always partial to the Thanksgiving game, would've liked to get this W!
temporary joy that can be replaced with alcohol. gotta think long term at this point. when Martin went down, we knew it was over.
Vince Blake
MookieBlaylock said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

Aint nobody trading for Zeke

Even approaching a team about trading Zeke is like walking up to someone and saying, "I have this tumor on my balls, what will you give me for it?"
Southlake
After watching the Redskins committee of back destroy the Cowboys, it obvious that the big money running back is a thing of the past. Zeke is a worn out fumbler. A very expensive worn out fumbler.

And, after watching Dallas' 4th down attempt on the 35 and the ridiculous fake punt, maybe MM really didn't want to win very badly?
Grapesoda2525
I'm glad Baltimore is next. They should clean our clocks. The closer this thing gets to the finish line with a high draft pick, the more likely people will embrace the tank.

Losing the bengals game could be tough tho.
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

After watching the Redskins committee of back destroy the Cowboys, it obvious that the big money running back is a thing of the past. Zeke is a worn out fumbler. A very expensive worn out fumbler.

And, after watching Dallas' 4th down attempt on the 35 and the ridiculous fake punt, maybe MM really didn't want to win very badly?
Zeke only played like a bad ass for 1 and a half seasons.

He has looked below mediocre for quite awhile now. He definitely hasn't been the same since he got paid.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Southlake said:

He has looked below mediocre for quite awhile now. He definitely hasn't been the same since he got paid.

Cut his ass
EastSideAg2002
TheCougarHunter said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Southlake said:

Cut his ass
The genius Jones's got their ass handed to them in that deal. Excluding the prorated salary cap hit they take for the signing bonus, hes basically guaranteed the following years salary even if hes cut the year before.
PatAg
AG
Keeps us from paying for 2 more years though
DannyDuberstein
AG
They are stuck with him for 2021, but a release before 2022 is very doable. Which is crazy maddening because he was under contract in 2020 and could be franchised in 2021. They had the leverage.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I'm glad Baltimore is next. They should clean our clocks. The closer this thing gets to the finish line with a high draft pick, the more likely people will embrace the tank.

No need to tank when you actually suck.
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

A small part of tanking comes in at the end of a bad season anyway. I also view tanking as rooting for your team to lose. We might be really hoping for a loss against New York in the last game depending on how the rest of this season plays out.
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

They are stuck with him for 2021, but a release before 2022 is very doable. Which is crazy maddening because he was under contract in 2020 and could be franchised in 2021. They had the leverage.
Actually, sturm had a post that suggests a post June 1 cut Is doable this next year. I think he said it would be a $12m cap hit each year for 21 and 22, but I don't think it's out of the question that this is his last season in dalllas.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

A small part of tanking comes in at the end of a bad season anyway. I also view tanking as rooting for your team to lose. We might be really hoping for a loss against New York in the last game depending on how the rest of this season plays out.
I can never bring myself to root for the Cowboys to lose, esp against the division teams that I hate. But I can console myself that the losses can lead to better things.

Like a new special teams coach, perhaps.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If they keep him one more, his cap hit is $13.7 in 2022 followed by $5.4 and $5.4 in 2022 and 2023 (or just eat all $11 in 2022). I think they won't see the point in cutting him after 2020 when having him play one more is essentially the same cap hit
TyHolden
AG
Zeke is used to seeing holes as big as the Grand Canyon. When we sure up the line a bit more and get dak back as a running threat, Zeke will be running hard through many holes all day. Gotta keep him at least 1-2 more years.
PooDoo
AG
How much time is being spent during our minimal practice during the week on fake kicks and gimmick plays?
MookieBlaylock
AG
McCarthy saw OBJ run 15 yeards backwards on a reverse so he thought that would be a great fake punt tactic

Fairview20
AG
The way to manage the RB position now is to draft one every 1-2 drafts in the middle rounds. The high end guys now are almost never worth it when you factor in what they cost compared to a guy on a rookie deal that would put up slightly worse numbers. Ride these guys until their rookie deals expire and then move on to the next guy.

Pollard and Zeke this season are a perfect example of this, there's barely a drop off and if anything Pollard has been better.
Spaceship
AG
Fairview20 said:

The way to manage the RB position now is to draft one every 1-2 drafts in the middle rounds. The high end guys now are almost never worth it when you factor in what they cost compared to a guy on a rookie deal that would put up slightly worse numbers. Ride these guys until their rookie deals expire and then move on to the next guy.

Pollard and Zeke this season are a perfect example of this, there's barely a drop off and if anything Pollard has been better.

This is 100% right for today's NFL.
TyHolden
AG
Spaceship said:

Fairview20 said:

This is 100% right for today's NFL.
we drafted Zeke for Romo.
we paid Zeke for Garrett.
both bad ideas.
Saint Pablo
MookieBlaylock said:

Saint Pablo said:

Saint Pablo said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Yes the top 5 pick would be great but the Skins have Alex Smith playing
The BengAls have no QB or tb
The eagles have Carson playing who got outplayed by Baker

Those teams are now worse than the cowboys

I wouldn't say this definitively, especially considering the way the Redskins beat our asses last time we played!
So about that...

Cowboys prob win that game if they dont run the 2nd worst fake punt in NFL history
Yeahhhh that was the difference maker
MookieBlaylock
AG
How was it not?

Alex Smith was garbage and they weren't moving the ball

Quit listening to Joe buck

DannyDuberstein
AG
I think they lose anyway, but we'll never know. That said, that play was designed to be a pass, their gunner was wide open, and for some reason Wilson never even began to attempt a throw
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

I think they lose anyway, but we'll never know. That said, that play was designed to be a pass, their gunner was wide open, and for some reason Wilson never even began to attempt a throw
Yeah, saw this on Sturms Twitter feed. The play was wide open as it was designed. Still don't think that's a smart call there.
Danny Vermin
I can't figure out why some of you want to get rid of Fassell as he has made special teams fun. Imagine having him with a good team to really **** with teams.

Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

I can't figure out why some of you want to get rid of Fassell as he has made special teams fun. Imagine having him with a good team to really **** with teams.

I don't blame fassel for this year. I blame our front office for having " blind spots" in roster building.

These guys never put any effort whatsoever in making sure the team has good safeties or a good punter. Keeping Chris Jones as long as they did is inexcusable. I was screaming on draft night for the cowboys to draft Braden Mann. I wanted them to draft Dickson a few years ago. A good punter can really help any football team and we just don't seem to care or realize that.

I still think Heath was terrible for us and played a part in the fact that we never generate turnovers.

I'd like to see them focus on these positions in the draft, but they never ever do.
jr15aggie
AG
Would be really interesting if we could stick another stud safety to play beside Wilson.

Wilson has almost single handedly transformed our secondary. Put another playmaker out there with him and that could be fun.
ac04
wow, zeke sucks and his contract was a horrible idea that will hinder the cowboys for years?? you don't say

MookieBlaylock
AG
So if steelers ravens is toosday? When is the Ravens?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thought I saw possibly Monday night next week.
MooreTrucker
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Thought I saw possibly Monday night next week.
I'm impressed that you could decipher that post.

And yeah, I heard Monday as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.