******** Dallas Cowboys 2020 Season ********

129,852 Views | 1905 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Kashchei
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess it's time to start this thing!

Interesting things I'm seeing regarding camp so far.

One media member said the star so far in camp has been Jaylon Smith and it hasn't even been close. Interesting to note that LVE has been moved to Mike. He's essentially going to be the QB of the defense and Jaylon is going to be in a more traditional Will role so he can use his athleticsim to go make plays. Will be interesting to see...

Also, Lamb is looking like the real deal.
DriftwoodAg
AG
Going to the Super Bowl!
Vince Blake
This catch is spectacular...
https://instagr.am/p/CEKO-INAYtI
dc509
AG
We're going to turn some heads this season.
JAggie2007
AG

ET3 finally gonna end up on the Cowboys?
jr15aggie
AG
ET seems like a big drama queen. I don't know enough to say the Cowboys shouldn't touch him... but I'm not mad if they ignore him either.
gigem1223
If Dallas gets ET this team is likely the NFC favorite for the super bowl in Vegas. Bring him on.
Mike Elko
AG
Thomas is a POS cancer.
ac04
Ag Natural
AG
One year 6 million for ET. That's about as high as I'd go.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

One year 6 million for ET. That's about as high as I'd go.

Don't worry, that's about all the room Dallas has to offer. If he comes here, it won't be for much.
Saint Pablo
IN
Macarthur
Looking like they are going to pass.

I've been a proponent of bringing him in, but it seems like he's not the same guy of a few years ago. Not the same player and a problem in the locker room to boot. No thanks.
Grapesoda2525
I think they're waiting / hoping for the price to drop to get a better deal.

I also think if Garrett was here, it would already be ruled out. That guy loved him some HEATH.
jr15aggie
AG
1. Woods is a starting caliber safety but he's not special in any way.
2. Ha Ha and Thompson are battling for the other safety spot which tells me that both of these guys are JAGs.

ET is far and away the best safety on this team if he signs here. And don't worry about overpaying, we don't have the cap space to pay him more than a few million. And finally, never underestimate how toxic players can effect team chemistry and team culture.

Not saying they should or shouldn't do it, but I feel confident everything I said above is 100% facts.
Ag Natural
AG
ET would be a clear upgrade so they should definitely look into it. I'm thinking they make the decision based on three things:

1. What is he willing to take? They do have some space freed up but I read somewhere that recent moves have been made to open up space because they are looking at 2021. Apparently you can carry over open cap space. And in 2021 they have to be ready for a crazy Dak contract and a possible cap reduction due to COVID.

2. ET will need to bow at Jerry and Mike's feet and beg for a chance. The shenanigans he pulled in Baltimore will not fly. This is a young team and we don't need a talented bad attitude in the locker room.

3. What do the current guys look like in camp? Mccarthy knows Ha-Ha pretty well and I'm hearing they are very happy with Thompson. ET is no doubt better than them all but HOW MUCH better is the question? Baltimore was willing to dump him at significant cost and go with their non-probowl backups. They usually know what they are doing and definitely are looking at a superbowl run.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

2. ET will need to bow at Jerry and Mike's feet and beg for a chance. The shenanigans he pulled in Baltimore will not fly. This is a young team and we don't need a talented bad attitude in the locker room.

I think this is the biggest hurdle. What little I've heard seems to indicate he has become a guy that is lazy, acts like he is better than everybody else, free-lances on the field with little regard to scheme, shows up late and acts indifferent in team meetings, etc.

Now, we've all gotten big heads before and needed a kick in the pants. So is he somebody who just needed a rude awakening, or is his recent attitude in Seattle and Balt. simply who he is now?
jr15aggie
AG
Some camp notes I'm hearing:

1. They are being very secretive with what they are doing in practice. Usual press guys are on lock down with what they can write about, not to mention they are limited anyway with Covid rules. New staff, new system... no reason to tip your hand @ Rams week 1.

2. Keep hearing the names of Trysten Hill and Darian Thompson. Hill in particular looks better physically and his commitment to studying etc has impressed. Thompson I'm not sure about... part of me thinks he is getting mentions because he looks better than Ha Ha, but I'm not sure that's saying much.

3. Lamb continues to get praise. Smooth, natural are typical words. I don't think anybody is proclaiming all pro year one, but he looked like a pro day 1 and is ready to do his thing.

4. Cedric Wilson also showing out really well. No surprise, he's always impressed in camp/pre season but never given too many chances in the season. Devin Smith still looks good too I believe, but at some point these guys better be special teams aces... which is why Noah Brown is still hanging around.

5. Tyrone Crawford has looked very fluid in whatever work he's been doing. That's great news. I wasn't sure if he'd make it back at his size/age after hip surgery. We definitely need a veteran presence in that rotation.

Macarthur
I've also seen that Wilson has all but locked up that #4 WR spot.
dc509
AG
Heard anything about Dono?
jr15aggie
AG
dc509 said:

Heard anything about Dono?

I haven't. I assume he's still a development player. Doesn't look like he's expected to play much outside of special teams.
dc509
AG
I'm not surprised.
ApachePilot
AG
jr15aggie said:

Ag Natural said:

I think this is the biggest hurdle. What little I've heard seems to indicate he has become a guy that is lazy, acts like he is better than everybody else, free-lances on the field with little regard to scheme, shows up late and acts indifferent in team meetings, etc.

Now, we've all gotten big heads before and needed a kick in the pants. So is he somebody who just needed a rude awakening, or is his recent attitude in Seattle and Balt. simply who he is now?

ET really changed over the last few years. Maybe season ending injuries played into it, but he was a cancer. I say this as a Hawk fan that loved him as a player. He just seems bitter. If I recall he was talking about retiring after the first leg break. Honestly that first broken leg is when things went south. If the cowboys get him on the cheap it could be a good deal. He really wanted to be a Cowboy anyways.
Macarthur
Saw good notes on Diggs and Anae had a good day. It's early, but it looks like the rookie class has a chance to be really good.
gigem1223
Welp...Eagles just took a big blow. Andre Dillard (starting LT) is out for the season. Will be a miracle if Wentz makes it thru the season now.
ChemAg15
AG
Two weeks until the season starts. Can't wait to see what McCarthy can do with this team
Grapesoda2525
ChemAg15 said:

Two weeks until the season starts. Can't wait to see what McCarthy can do with this team
I have little doubt he can coach circles around mr. clapper conservative.
gigem1223
Blue/ white scrimmage on channel 21. No numbers sucks. Going to make it difficult to evaluate players.
gigem1223
Also Eagles injury woes continue. Raegor out for several weeks with a torn labrum.
Old Tom Morris
gigem1223 said:

Also Eagles injury woes continue. Raegor out for several weeks with a torn labrum.

Did i say labia?
Old Tom Morris
gigem1223 said:

Blue/ white scrimmage on channel 21. No numbers sucks. Going to make it difficult to evaluate players.

Yeah, the jersey deal is a total buzzkill. wtf
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I'm surprised the Eagles haven't gone after Clowney. Do you think he has priced himself out of playing this year?
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of praise being thrown towards Diggs. Sounds like he has not only impressed, but he's improved quickly in 2 weeks of camp. Impressive considering the lack of typical spring/summer practices. Brown has been looking good too from what I hear.

Really haven't heard anything negative about our CBs.... they are all playing well from what I hear. 4 solid vets and a Rookie that has impressed. I like it.
jr15aggie
AG
Some noteworthy cuts:

Devin Smith: Played well last year in limited chances. I figured this would happen though... pretty sure he doesn't play special teams and that's a no-no if you aren't one of the top 3. Wilson has been balling in camp and the new coaches even praised Noah Brown as a WR too. Both of them play ST also so that's the way it goes.

Mitch Hyatt: Thought we stole one last year... multi-year starter at Clemson, multi All ACC, 2018 All American, National Champ, etc etc. I guess the scouts weren't wrong though!!! Wow. He did tear his ACL so he was waived injured, but I got the impression the coaches weren't very impressed.
PooDoo
AG
On Hard Knocks the Rams cut a rookie QB and LB. You'd think it wouldn't hurt for the Cowboys to bring them in to pick their brain.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.