Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

41,306 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
utah, get me two said:

Except he didn't get A&M Blinn Team, he is just going to Blinn by himself
How do you know this?
utah, get me two
He says he is going to Blinn, he didn't say he was accepted into A&M's Blinn Team program. Big difference
relapse
AG
aTmAg said:

utah, get me two said:

How do you know this?
Because when the university was asked if he was an admitted student, they would have said yes because Blinn Team members are.... admitted A&M students. Since they said no, we therefore have to believe that he isn't part of Blinn Team.
aTmAg
AG
utah, get me two said:

He says he is going to Blinn, he didn't say he was accepted into A&M's Blinn Team program. Big difference
Most people don't have a clue what the hell Blinn Team program is. I know a ton of my kids' friends who were in Blinn Team program but 100% of them either said they were going to A&M or Blinn. Not "Blinn Team".
utah, get me two
[No matter what name you use you are always on a short leash and your next ban will be permanent. -Staff]
PanzerAggie06
AG
I'm sure we will have posters along at any moment to inform us that him going to Blinn tells us all we need to know and it clearly indicates he'll never be Aggie material.
TChaney
I didn't take the time to dig it up, but didn't he want to get a degree in nursing?

Wouldn't it make the most sense to start out in the Blinn / RELLIS program then transfer into the A&M system?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

At the end of the day, I believe Kyle has celebrity status because he killed people that are hated by the Trump right
So, if you aren't on the "Trump right", do you love racists, pedophiles, domestic abusers, etc. etc.???
American Hardwood
AG
larry culpepper said:

LDA9336 said:

aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Summation for anyone who does not want to read the whole thread:

1) Kyle Rittenhouse announces on a radio show that he wants to go to A&M

2) Liberal heads explode

3) Usual suspects descend from Premium Board to express fear for their religion, Recruiting Athletes.

4) Virtue is signaled.

5) No proof that KR has applied or been admitted.
4.1) hawg tells everyone she's a lawyer and uses that fact to gatekeep acceptable opinions
You can have whichever ill informed opinion you desire. There's not a law forbidding stubborn ignorance.

Knock yourself out.
I don't need a law degree to know that it is weird grown adults like yourself are worshipping this kid
At the end of the day, I believe Kyle has celebrity status because he killed people that are hated by the Trump right. That makes him a hero (whether justified or not).

There's obviously nothing wrong with him wanting to move on and live a normal life after an acquittal. It's the fact that he has capitalized on his celebrity status over the fact that he KILLED people that is so off-putting. Yeah I know, he was justified and mistreated by the media. But he wouldn't have been famous but for this. Anyone who isn't a complete sociopath would want to lay low after a trial like that. Why would you ever want that kind of attention? For God's sake, this was a tragedy. Even if the shootings were completely justified, this isn't something to celebrate AT ALL. Yet he is speaking at conferences, going on right wing radio and TV shows, and hanging out with Trump at mar a lago.

The worship of Kyle Rittenhouse is the glorification of political violence against others. I think that's why most people have issues with him, notwithstanding any opinions on his guilt.
It's not easy achieving celebrity status without the help of the media. He became a celebrity overnight because of the rarity of what he did in fighting back against a violent mob and the fact that the media was all over it long before we really knew anything about the the people he shot. So the timeline doesn't really support your assertion. You can't ignore the media's role and just blame so-called hateful Trump supporters fore his celebrity status.

The violent mobs are worshipped by the left and were promoted by countless leftist politicians, media, and celebrities. They have done far far more glorification of political violence than Kyle defending himself, which by the way, was not a political act. He likely would have been killed by that mob.
aTmAg
AG
Kyle shooting those thugs wasn't a tragedy. It was justice. Kyle getting charged at all was an injustice.
Charpie
AG
aTmAg said:

utah, get me two said:

How do you know this?
Blinn Team kids are admitted students to TAMU and even have the option to live on campus. He would also show up in the student directory already if he was doing Blinn Team. We have already established that he isn't there.

How do I know this? One of my daughter's very good friends is a Blinn Team kid. Blinn Team kids also have very specific majors (majority of them are in the College of Engineering.)

Wishful thinking on many people's parts. Hopefully he will make the academic requirement to transfer in. It won't be easy.
aTmAg
AG
I take pride that a person who is willing to put himself in danger for the sake of others wants to go to A&M of all places. That is the type of person we want to be an Aggie. I'd take 10,000 of him before I take a single BLM protester. We don't want trash like that associated with our university.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Looks like he was pretty successful in pig hunting
Bill Clinternet
AG
aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

3) Usual suspects descend from Premium Board to express fear for their religion, Recruiting Athletes.

4) Virtue is signaled.

4.1) hawg tells everyone she's a lawyer and uses that fact to gatekeep acceptable opinions
You can have whichever ill informed opinion you desire. There's not a law forbidding stubborn ignorance.

Knock yourself out.
Leaning in.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
planoaggie123
AG
Maybe we can have an all-star admission class in dear old Aggieland....

1) Kyle Rittenhouse
2) Greta Thunberg
3) David Hogg
4) Nick Sandmann
aTmAg
AG
No on #2 and #3. Only worthy people should be considered.
planoaggie123
AG
aTmAg said:

No to #2 and #3. Only worthy people should be considered.

I was clearly joking but this is nearing 'Olsen Twins coming to A&M' level....
aTmAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

aTmAg said:

No to #2 and #3. Only worthy people should be considered.

I was clearly joking but this is nearing 'Olsen Twins coming to A&M' level....
I'd take the Olsen twins long before those other morons.
No Spin Ag
planoaggie123 said:

Maybe we can have an all-star admission class in dear old Aggieland....

1) Kyle Rittenhouse
2) Greta Thunberg
3) David Hogg
4) Nick Sandmann

Looks like the "Who's Who" of rabid fanbases.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggie93
AG
larry culpepper said:

LDA9336 said:

aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

Knock yourself out.
I don't need a law degree to know that it is weird grown adults like yourself are worshipping this kid
At the end of the day, I believe Kyle has celebrity status because he killed people that are hated by the Trump right. That makes him a hero (whether justified or not).

There's obviously nothing wrong with him wanting to move on and live a normal life after an acquittal. It's the fact that he has capitalized on his celebrity status over the fact that he KILLED people that is so off-putting. Yeah I know, he was justified and mistreated by the media. But he wouldn't have been famous but for this. Anyone who isn't a complete sociopath would want to lay low after a trial like that. Why would you ever want that kind of attention? For God's sake, this was a tragedy. Even if the shootings were completely justified, this isn't something to celebrate AT ALL. Yet he is speaking at conferences, going on right wing radio and TV shows, and hanging out with Trump at mar a lago.

The worship of Kyle Rittenhouse is the glorification of political violence against others. I think that's why most people have issues with him, notwithstanding any opinions on his guilt.
The fact that the people he killed may have been Trump opponents is not why people celebrate him. The people he killed were flat out thug rioters and career criminals. People that were scumbags that weren't out "protesting for social justice". These were people out looking to destroy property and hurt people. That isn't why he killed them though. He killed them because they attacked him for trying to put out the fires and stop the destruction they were actively engaged in and one of them pulled a gun on him while another tried to kill him with a blunt object. It was pure self defense.

As a parent with a kid the same age as Rittenhouse I would have not have let him be in that situation but I also know had my son been caught up in that I would hope he would have been able to defend himself as Rittenhouse did. Most grown men don't have the wherewithal and balls of a guy like Rittenhouse.

As for school it sounds like he is looking to earn his way in to A&M by going through Blinn as so many others do. I'm happy for the kid and hope he succeeds. He should be able to live his life and not feel a moment of shame for what happened to him. As for him "not laying low" that option was taken from him when the media and even the President slandered him continuously and called him a murderer but when he had his day in court he was acquitted. He's now suing a lot of those folks. You don't stop bullies by cowering in the corner and "laying low". You stop bullies by standing up to them and fighting back.

If you want to see pathetic look at Harvard though. They literally threw out Kyle Kashav who was the Valedictorian of Parkland because of a text from when he was barely going through puberty and then they let in David Hogg who prior to that had been rejected academically from Central Florida.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
MsDoubleD81
AG
Now they're saying he's not even enrolled at Blinn

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/kyle-rittenhouse-not-enrolled-at-blinn-college/285-4821d248-19e5-40d0-a517-840090928721

CanyonAg77
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Don't you wish the media would expend even 1% of the effort they are spending on where an innocent kid wants to go to college, to instead look at Hunter's laptop, the Biden crime family, the Hillary emails, etc etc etc
Look it up
There are vets with higher kill counts than Rittenhouse going to A&M...everyone deserves a chance to better their life through education.
CanyonAg77
AG
Look it up said:

There are vets with higher kill counts than Rittenhouse going to A&M...everyone deserves a chance to better their life through education.

There are probably kids that killed someone in a stupid auto accident. Leftists are only angry that he legally defended himself against bad people, because the bad people shared their politics, and KR used a gun they want to ban.
techno-ag
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/kyle-rittenhouse-not-enrolled-at-blinn-college/285-4821d248-19e5-40d0-a517-840090928721

He has applied but not enrolled. But Blinn is open enrollment. They're not going to turn him down if he wants to go there.

Quote:

Rittenhouse has applied but has not yet enrolled in any classes at Blinn, which is an open-enrollment school, a spokesperson at the college confirmed Monday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/Kyle-Rittenhouse-says-he-will-attend-Blinn-17223154.php

The reporters are being a little too cute IMO. He has applied. If he wants to go they'll let him in. It's an open enrollment school. If you graduated from HS and have a pulse, you can take classes there. So this is not a big gotcha moment. He can enroll anytime up until the start of class.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

NormanAg
AG
Quote:

If you graduated from HS and have a pulse, you can take classes there. So this is not a big gotcha moment. He can enroll anytime up until the start of class.
MS Degree, 76'. Gonna show my ignornace here. Do Blinn grads get automatic admittance to A&M? FWIW, I sure as hell hope not!
techno-ag
AG
NormanAg said:

Quote:

If you graduated from HS and have a pulse, you can take classes there. So this is not a big gotcha moment. He can enroll anytime up until the start of class.
MS Degree, 76'. Gonna show my ignornace here. Do Blinn grads get automatic admittance to A&M? FWIW, I sure as hell hope not!
Pretty sure transfer requirements look at GPA and those differ by program. The so called Blinn Team where they are A&M students taking their freshman course load at Blinn is a different ball of wax. He's not in that program. He's expressing a desire to go the traditional transfer route.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

CanyonAg77
AG
"Blinn Team" is basically students just below the cutoff for A&M admission. Go to Blinn, get good enough grades, and you're admitted to A&M.

Interesting thing is they can live in the A&M dorms, be part of the student life, such as Corps, and still be going to Blinn
austinAG90
AG
Who ****ing cares, kid needs to stay off Twitter - keep his mouth shut and enjoy his money. Why would he even go to college? That's stupid.
CanyonAg77
AG
austinAG90 said:

Who ****ing cares, kid needs to stay off Twitter - keep his mouth shut and enjoy his money. Why would he even go to college? That's stupid.

If he's really interested in nursing, come up to WTAMU. They have a top rated nursing program, with a higher than average passing rate on the license exam.

Small town, few crazies, no BLM or ANTIFA bull crap.
Eliminatus
AG
techno-ag said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

He has applied but not enrolled. But Blinn is open enrollment. They're not going to turn him down if he wants to go there.

Quote:

Rittenhouse has applied but has not yet enrolled in any classes at Blinn, which is an open-enrollment school, a spokesperson at the college confirmed Monday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/Kyle-Rittenhouse-says-he-will-attend-Blinn-17223154.php

The reporters are being a little too cute IMO. He has applied. If he wants to go they'll let him in. It's an open enrollment school. If you graduated from HS and have a pulse, you can take classes there. So this is not a big gotcha moment. He can enroll anytime up until the start of class.

The SMALLEST chance to disparage him and they are on it like sharks on chum. It's blatant and pretty sad tbh.

He'll get into Blinn no problem and if he wants to and is willing to work a bit, TAMU as well. Let's not get carried away y'all. Well over half the degrees entrance requirements at TAMU are not exactly something to be proud of.

And lesser intelligent folk can do it with enough hard work. I graduated HS mid 4th quartile, never took the SAT, went to Blinn (not Blinn TEAM, still not entirely sure what that is really), and am now an Aggie engineer. He is still a very young man. No one here knows if he is capable or not as of right now. It's likely he doesn't know himself yet. But that's part of going to college. You learn. I did.
relapse
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

"Blinn Team" is basically students just below the cutoff for A&M admission. Go to Blinn, get good enough grades, and you're admitted to A&M.

Interesting thing is they can live in the A&M dorms, be part of the student life, such as Corps, and still be going to Blinn
They are also taking one or 2 courses at A&M, they aren't Just Blinn students, they are students at both colleges.
relapse
AG

Quote:

Blinn TEAM, still not entirely sure what that is really

One of the alternate ways into A&M.

If they aren't quite sure if you'll make it at A&M as a full time A&M student, they offer you 1 of (at least) 3 choices):

Blinn Team - co-enrolled at A&M and Blinn. Take majority of the classes for 2 years at Blinn at Rellis, 1 or 2 a semester at A&M, then if satisafactory, just move on into A&M as a full time A&M student. Those students can be in the Corps, live in the dorms, go to football games as an Aggie, etc.

PSA - They put you at a system campus for a year to take classes. If satisfactory, you can choose to enroll at A&M.

Gateway - Live in the dorms for the summer before fish year. Take a few classes. If satisfactory, you become an A&M student in the fall.
Eliminatus
AG
Look it up said:

No kidding. I had a body count when I was a student. I personally know two others as well. One of which actually happened stateside. Self defense in that one as well. There were some younglings over on the TAMU subreddit freaking out about a "killer" in their classroom. It's more common then they realize. Weak ass titty babies these days.
NormanAg
AG
Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.