Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

40,636 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
petroleo y agua said:

His actions were legal and heroic. I believe it would send a strong signal that TAMU is not going to crater to woke pressure
On its own, yes, but at the same time A&M continues to consistently make woke decisions.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
aggiehawg
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

Our acceptance standards are a joke. Politics aside he does not have the credentials to get in to A&M.
How do you know? Kid was a good student in HS, did a lot of volunteer work with the police and fire department, was a lifeguard at a municipal pool, cleaned up graffiti at a school that had been vandalized by BLM and Antifa and was going around helping people who got injured or dehydrated that night, irrespective of their views.

Oh and he was putting out fires started by the rioters. It was his putting out a dumpster fire that caused Rosenbaum to focus on him and go after him. Fortunately for Kyle, a social media journalist, Ricky McGinnis, was right behind Rosenbaum as he lunged to grab Kyle's gun while saying, "F*** you!!" He saw Kyle as he started to swing away from Rosenbaum and then raise his gun and McGinnis got out of the way. Kyle didn't fire until McGinnis was clear and Rosenbaum was again reaching for the gun. Wounds to his hand showed his hand was outstretched and reaching for the muzzle.

Going into the trial, it was the Rosenbaum shooting that I was mostly unsure of what had happened as that one did not have a lot of video associated with it unlike the other three shooting incidents that night. Jumpkick Man, Anthony Huber a/k/a Skateboard guy" and then Gaige Grooskreutz with a loaded Glock pointed at Kyle's head as he was on the ground.
althormoon
Is there actually any proof anywhere he even got accepted? He would be an out of state transfer and the standards for those admits are extremely high, much higher than most Texans who are auto admit just because they're in the top 10% of their high school graduating class.
DannyDuberstein
AG
althormoon said:

Is there actually any proof anywhere he even got accepted? He would be an out of state transfer and the standards for those admits are extremely high, much higher than most Texans who are auto admit just because they're in the top 10% of their high school graduating class.

Yeah, i think this is all talk
FriscoKid
AG
The "hand wringing" by very concerned Aggies in this thread is so freaking entertaining. Almost none of them frequent the politics board.
DannyDuberstein
AG
MaroonStain said:

DannyDuberstein said:

My only protest is that I think we should be taking minimal out of state kids, but that's another debate

Bucky Richardson, many other athletes, many Bonfire peeps and this one, MaroonStain, appreciate your insight.

I didn't say none. Obviously athletes are another ballgame and none of these admittance rules apply. But yeah, IMO a state university partially funded by our tax dollars that is absolutely busting at the seams should be limiting out of state admittances to the absolute cream of the crop outsiders.
Verne Lundquist
AG
Would be great if he joins The Fund when his millions from settlements hit his bank account
TRADUCTOR
Thinking someone is not intelligent is a successful power move. Always.
Tanya 93
So no legacies?
SwigAg11
AG
It really did help the defense for the prosecution's own witnesses to state that Rosenbaum threatened Kyle with serious injury (possibly murder?) earlier in the day. And that They witnessed Rosenbaum reaching for Kyle's rifle when he fired.
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

The "hand wringing" by very concerned Aggies in this thread is so freaking entertaining. Almost none of them frequent the politics board.
Do you think they still believe Kyle killed Black guys that night and that's the source of their hand-wringing?
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

Do you think they still believe Kyle killed Black guys that night and that's the source of their hand-wringing?

Yes and if KR attends TAMU then it will kill recruiting.
aggiehawg
AG
FriscoKid said:

aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

How stupid! Kyle had one Black attacker that night, Jumpkick Man.. He kicked Kyle in the head, Kyle shot but missed him. BTW, the prosecution knew all along who Jumpkick Man was but hid that from the defense.

The prosecutors also tried to get Photo Chad to change his testimony and lie in his written statement. Real name Nathan DeBruin.
backintexas2013
AG
So 7 pages and I learned nobody has a real reason for him to not attend A&M. Our poster who knows little about EVs knows less about KR.
aggiehawg
AG
There are other judges getting mad in this but several of them are Judge Schroeder screaming at Binger and Krauss for prosecutorial misconduct. bordering on mandatory mistrial.

NCNJ1217
AG
aggiehawg said:

There are other judges getting mad in this but several of them are Judge Schroeder screaming at Binger and Krauss for prosecutorial misconduct. bordering on mandatory mistrial.

That still pisses me off. I'm glad Kyle was found not guilty, but that judge could have sanctioned those prosecutors and declared mistrial with prejudice.
aggiehawg
AG
Chirafisi's masterful cross of Gaige Grosskreutz.

CanyonAg77
AG
FriscoKid said:

aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

Why else would be "blessed" with their presence?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Kyle Rittenhouse has hired the lawyer who represented Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann during his defamation cases to take on some high profile companies and figures.

One potential target will be Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg, according to his lawyer Todd McMurtry.

"I've been hired to head the effort to determine whom to sue, when to sue, where to sue," McMurtry told Fox News Digital. "We're going to look at everything that's been said, determine which of those comments are legally actionable and proceed from there."

McMurtry said it's "pretty much assured that there's probably 10 to 15 solid" cases against "large defendants."
Quote:

According to Fox, McMurty said that Zuckerberg will be a major target over "a 'factually false' designation on the platform that listed the Kenosha shootings as a 'mass murder' incident. The designation resulted in Rittenhouse's social media accounts being pulled down and restricting positive comments about the teenager."

"Let's just use for an example what Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg said about [Rittenhouse]. They said that he was involved in a mass murder incident," McMurtry explained. "This was not a mass murder incident. It was clearly factually false."
Quote:

"To call somebody a mass murderer is seriously defamatory. And then to use the power of social media to basically … censor any views that would take opposition to that mass murderer statement is a serious effort to destroy his character. And it was seriously mistaken and seriously defamatory," he continued.

The lawyer added, "Facebook has an outsized voice, they can do a lot of damage, as compared to somebody maybe who has a small blog with 100 subscribers. But we're going to look at everything that we have access to and that's been published, and decide which ones are actionable."
Quote:

McMurtry told Fox News Digital he knows "for a fact that [Rittenhouse] can prove that his job prospects are permanently diminished."

"Not to mention what they call perpetual reputational harm, which means that Kyle is never going to have an interaction with anybody where they don't know who he is. And this is going to follow him around for the rest of his life."
Quote:

"Everybody's going to prejudge him in every new interaction that he has with everybody for the rest of his life, and that's called perpetual reputational harm. … The social media hysteria caused all this because people can't act reasonably and rationally in certain circumstances," McMurtry said.
Link

ICYMI.
aggiehawg
AG
I put him on permanent ignore. Not worth my time to respond to that poster.
BluHorseShu
AG
Teslag said:

LCE said:

Chris Kyle is a hero. This kid is a dumbass.

Chris killed terrorist in a pointless foreign war. Rittenhouse killed terrorists in our backyard destroying American businesses.

Point Kyle Rittenhouse
Putting Rittenhouse on par or above C Kyle (and 11 posters starring)is how I know f16 has finally gone off the rails.
captkirk
AG
Kyle - 2 1/2

Violent felons and child molesters - 0
BAP Enthusiast
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

You keep stating that but do not provide a reason. Why would it be bad?
Bad publicity. Texas A&M deserves to be a top 10 public school, just like University of Texas. The guy made a horribly stupid decision and should not have gone to the race riots with a rifle. Playing stupid games to win stupid prizes.

If we have to be like the university of Texas to be a top 10 school then count me out. That school a leftist bastion of degenerate and godless behavior. They have abandoned Texans in favor of more and more foreigners. It's so bad many have quit donating and the school is about to plummet from a donation and athletic standpoint because the alumni are tired of being ignored and told their kids aren't good enough.

Why would I ever want that for A&M?
74OA
AG
SIAP

Eliminatus
AG
74OA said:

SIAP

Yeah, several have already checked through the directory and some here are using it as a point against him? I don't know. It's weird.

I said I was going to TAMU years before I actually got accepted.
74OA
AG
Eliminatus said:

74OA said:

SIAP

Yeah, several have already checked through the directory and some here are using it as a point against him? I don't know. It's weird.

I said I was going to TAMU years before I actually got accepted.
My impression from the discussion was that he was going to be enrolled soon. This corrects that is all. <shrug>
Eliminatus
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So 7 pages and I learned nobody has a real reason for him to not attend A&M. Our poster who knows little about EVs knows less about KR.

It's fairly cringe worthy tbh but not unexpected unfortunately. Our resident liberals here are so locked in to the Message that the responses are absolutely predictable. And sad. Because everything is emotion based. Emotions that they are told they must have. There is no longer original conversations anymore. This is all rote repetition of the same old arguments from the minute it happened. And so it goes.
samurai_science
samurai_science
FriscoKid said:

aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

Don't care
Prosperdick
AG
aggiehawg said:

Tejas Ag 10 said:

Our acceptance standards are a joke. Politics aside he does not have the credentials to get in to A&M.
How do you know? Kid was a good student in HS, did a lot of volunteer work with the police and fire department, was a lifeguard at a municipal pool, cleaned up graffiti at a school that had been vandalized by BLM and Antifa and was going around helping people who got injured or dehydrated that night, irrespective of their views.

Oh and he was putting out fires started by the rioters. It was his putting out a dumpster fire that caused Rosenbaum to focus on him and go after him. Fortunately for Kyle, a social media journalist, Ricky McGinnis, was right behind Rosenbaum as he lunged to grab Kyle's gun while saying, "F*** you!!" He saw Kyle as he started to swing away from Rosenbaum and then raise his gun and McGinnis got out of the way. Kyle didn't fire until McGinnis was clear and Rosenbaum was again reaching for the gun. Wounds to his hand showed his hand was outstretched and reaching for the muzzle.

Going into the trial, it was the Rosenbaum shooting that I was mostly unsure of what had happened as that one did not have a lot of video associated with it unlike the other three shooting incidents that night. Jumpkick Man, Anthony Huber a/k/a Skateboard guy" and then Gaige Grooskreutz with a loaded Glock pointed at Kyle's head as he was on the ground.
Also Rosenbaum earlier that evening had told Kyle and the others protecting the car lot "if I catch any of y'all out there alone tonight I'll ****ing kill you." This was after he continuous dropped the N word multiple times.

As for the dumpster fire, Rosenbaum had the bright idea of lighting it on fire and pushing it into a parked police cruiser (that was of course, unmanned). Kyle grabbed a fire extinguisher and was attempting to put out the dumpster fire, enraging Rosenbaum. I mean really, how dare Kyle thwart his attempt at arson and destroying a police car.

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Spring 2023 applications start August 1st. Fall 2022 applications ended March 1st. He'd have to be enrolling in the Spring of 2023, if he was planning to attend. It's too late for Summer and Fall.

Source
techno-ag
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/06/06/texas-am-kyle-rittenhouse-is-not-enrolled-fall-semester/

KBTX says no.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Stupe
S
FriscoKid said:

aggiehawg said:

FriscoKid said:

Recruiting was already killed by not taking down Sul Ross.

Wasn't it?
TxTarpon
Looks like you were hornswoggled.

You got cash? I gotta bridge for sale. Cheap.

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don&#39;t care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
BCSWguru
did he change his name maybe? and what are the sources? are applications subject to open records requests? shouldnt be too hard to figure out either way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.