Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

40,631 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
BuddysBud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

You keep stating that but do not provide a reason. Why would it be bad?
Bad publicity. Texas A&M deserves to be a top 10 public school, just like University of Texas. The guy made a horribly stupid decision and should not have gone to the race riots with a rifle. Playing stupid games to win stupid prizes.

The most stupid thing about the situation was the "race riots". Democrat paid rioters with top Democrat leaders encouraging them and raising bale for those arrested for the sake of their political gain is a much bigger insurrection than anything that happened on Jan 6.

Yes, Kyle should not have had to be in the situation because the situation should never have happened in this country.

It is sad that he is a victim of the woke leftists who hate the country. These leftists should just move to their communist nirvana in Venezuela or North Korea rather than destroying the most open, least racist country on the planet.
Bill Clinternet
AG
SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

Defending your own life is silly? Defending property is silly? Maybe go back to the Dems with those takes.
You should always defend your own life. Part of that process is making wise decisions. Kenosha has a professional, trained police force? Ever been there? I go there every year for the Renaissance Festival right next door. He made silly decisions and almost paid with ruining his life for it. He should go to a school in his home state and not bring his silliness to Texas A&M.
During those nights of rioting, that police force you mention was overwhelmed in many parts of the city. They were pushed back multiple times and had to abandon large parts of the city that were rioting. What do law abiding citizens do in that scenario? Do they give up property and let it be destroyed? I believe that insurance policies for many businesses have exclusions in their coverage for riot damage. That would destroy family businesses and their income. What should they do then?
Call in the National Guard.

There is no such thing as true riot exclusion language in any state for an insurance policy. It may read such as vacated premises for 30 days or something to that effect or it may attempt to classify the behavior of cogent actors as force majeure/acts of god. Still not legal.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
SwigAg11
AG
Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

Defending your own life is silly? Defending property is silly? Maybe go back to the Dems with those takes.
You should always defend your own life. Part of that process is making wise decisions. Kenosha has a professional, trained police force? Ever been there? I go there every year for the Renaissance Festival right next door. He made silly decisions and almost paid with ruining his life for it. He should go to a school in his home state and not bring his silliness to Texas A&M.
During those nights of rioting, that police force you mention was overwhelmed in many parts of the city. They were pushed back multiple times and had to abandon large parts of the city that were rioting. What do law abiding citizens do in that scenario? Do they give up property and let it be destroyed? I believe that insurance policies for many businesses have exclusions in their coverage for riot damage. That would destroy family businesses and their income. What should they do then?

There is no such thing as true riot exclusion language in any state for an insurance policy. It may read such as vacated premises for 30 days or something to that effect or it may attempt to classify the behavior of cogent actors as force majeure/acts of god. Still not legal.
The governor refused to call in the national guard. Which was another failure of government to protect its citizens. So again, what should law abiding citizens have done in this scenario?
BuddysBud
AG
Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

How do I know that you have not read your insurance policies? Civil unrest is in the exclusions from coverage in every property insurance policy that I have read.
Bill Clinternet
AG
BuddysBud said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

How do I know that you have not read your insurance policies? Civil unrest is exempt from coverage in every property insurance policy that I have read.
Read the fine print again. I have never read one that didnt protect it.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
aggiehawg
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

Neehau said:

Why was he walking around with a rifle again? I really hope he doesn't get in or has he already? This will just do as much damage to us as the Physics department thinking they discovered cold fusion years ago.

For protection of his person during a riot. Also, why are your posts consistently smarmy?

So he drove 20 miles to a race riot with a rifle? This is accurate?
No. Not even close.
Bill Clinternet
AG
SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

The governor refused to call in the national guard. Which was another failure of government to protect its citizens. So again, what should law abiding citizens have done in this scenario?
Collect insurance. Bringing a gun puts you in a situation like Kyle found himself in. It was a stupid decision.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Civil unrest is in the exclusions from coverage in every property insurance policy that I have read

In Texas, the standard form lists it as a covered peril
Bill Clinternet
AG
Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

Collect insurance. Bringing a gun puts you in a situation like Kyle found himself in. It was a stupid decision.
The only time you should ever consider using a gun, in my opinion, is when someone directly threatens your life or the life of your loved ones. If Kyle had stayed home, he would not have been involved. If Kyles relatives in Kenosha stayed home, and someone damaged their place of business for example, that would probably be a blessing so they could replace everything.
Bill Clinternet
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Civil unrest is in the exclusions from coverage in every property insurance policy that I have read

In Texas, the standard form lists it as a covered peril
yep
LCE
AG
Chris Kyle is a hero. This kid is a dumbass.
aTmAg
AG
One quick way to know who is a coward who would refuse to protect the property of others is by seeing who bashes Rittenhouse.
backintexas2013
AG
Wrong. Using a gun to protect property should be allowed. I know you would let someone steal from you but not me.
Bill Clinternet
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Wrong. Using a gun to protect property should be allowed. I know you would let someone steal from you but not me.
I never said it shouldnt be allowed. I am saying it is pointless and stupid unless there is a life threatened. It is one of the main reasons you hold and pay for insurance.
crob
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

I never said it shouldnt be allowed. I am saying it is pointless and stupid unless there is a life threatened. It is one of the main reasons you hold and pay for insurance.

Life is always threatened when outside your home. athis is the social contract of being American. Otherwise we wouldn't have a 2A.
backintexas2013
AG
You think it's pointless and stupid. I say the guy had it coming. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Break into property or try to destroy property you get what's coming.
KnuckleSandwich
AG
Y'all are getting way off track. You're supposed to be arguing about whether or not this kid should join our school or not.
BMX Bandit
KnuckleSandwich said:

Y'all are getting way off track. You're supposed to be arguing about whether or not this kid should join our school or not.

No one has presented a reason he shouldn't. Not much to argue
backintexas2013
AG
He absolutely should if he meets the entrance requirements. The only people who are saying he shouldn't are saying it because of "muh feelings".
hbtheduce
AG
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

I agree, it's stupid someone would risk their life for my stuff.
Hydrocele_aggie
Can we add Rittenhouse to Mt Rushmore ? Dude is a hero
aTmAg
AG
If Kyle Rittenhouse is a "dumbass", then we need a lot more dumbasses in this country and a lot fewer "genius" criminals who diddle kids and then riot indiscriminately.
Stupe
S
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

You are either trolling, don't pay insurance, or ignorant.

I really try not to insult other posters, but those are the only options.

And there is no chance that you've ever owned a business. None.
Tom Doniphon
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

One of my "insurance policies" is called "Hellcat..."
BigRobSA
Stupe said:

Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

You are either trolling, don't pay insurance, or ignorant.

I really try not to insult other posters, but those are the only options.

And there is no chance that you've ever owned a business. None.

Porque no Los tres?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
aTmAg
AG
Insurance companies don't grow their money on trees. They have property rights too.
BuddysBud
AG
Neehau said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

The only time you should ever consider using a gun, in my opinion, is when someone directly threatens your life or the life of your loved ones. If Kyle had stayed home, he would not have been involved. If Kyles relatives in Kenosha stayed home, and someone damaged their place of business for example, that would probably be a blessing so they could replace everything.

Great. So if someone burns down your business it's a blessing because you get new stuff?

The cleanup, uncovered costs, disruption to your life is irrelevant. Insurance is just free money! Yea!

Riots are great. Everyone should have one in their neighborhood.

Maybe the Democrats can sponsor a riot in my neighborhood so we can get a new house?

FIDO*98*
AG
I'd pitch in to present him one of these when he gets in
texsn95
AG
agz win said:

He'll need the Corps to help protect him and the target on his back. Kid's got some karma.

Cool post. So surprised it has zero stars.
Stupe
S
Quote:

The level of ignorance in that statement is staggering.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Neehau said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

If that black guy had just stayed on his side of town where he belongs, nothing would've happened to him.

If she had t worn that skirt she wouldn't have gotten raped.

This is how stupid you sound.
WC87
AG
aTm2004 said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG
Neehau said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

SwigAg11 said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

So we shouldn't use a gun to hunt? Just pointing out more ridiculousness from this comment.
Let's apply your logic to the entire situation. If the rioters had stayed home then they wouldn't have been involved.
According to your logic I should stand around and watch someone steal my belongings, some of which are irreplaceable and then burn my house down because I have insurance.
Marcus Brutus
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

You are arguing with a guy who said he would let his house get robbed while he sat there and did nothing.
Get new stuff from the insurance company. You aren't legally required to stop the burglars if you think your life is at risk. Get new locks and cameras outside. Zero point in getting into a firefight in my home when it is almost assuredly a one off experience that will never happen again.

Someone should put a sign up pointing to your house that says "Gun free zone . Free stuff for the taking. "
NCNJ1217
AG
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

This insurance thing. I first heard that right before Covid from an HPD officer to explain why so many repeat criminals were back on the streets (or prosecuting them was deemphasized in the first place). Basically, we (the government) aren't going to prosecute break-ins and thefts because insurance will take care of it. Not the HPD officers fault, it was coming straight from Marxist DA Kim Ogg.

It's Marxist. Let's take away individuals' right to defend themselves in favor of a centralized solution.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.