Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

40,632 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tanya 93 said:

techno-ag said:

We don't need to relitigate what happened. Kyle was acquitted because it was self defense. Some can't accept that because they swallow the media lies. That's fine, but it doesn't change reality. He's a hero.
I never thought he should have been prosecuted for the shooting, but the purchase was illegal.
Feds didn't think so. No federal charges.

Event the state charges were problematical.

Quote:

Black was the first prosecution witness at Rittenhouse's trial, but the status of his own charges were up in the air after Judge Bruce Schroeder agreed to throw out one of the charges against Rittenhouse that he unlawfully possessed a firearm as a minor. The defense convinced Schroeder that an exception in the law allows 17-year-olds to possess rifles and shotguns, or at least left the law too vague to be enforceable.
Quote:

The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse an assault-style rifle when he was only 17 has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation,
Link
torrid
AG
techno-ag said:

We don't need to relitigate what happened. Kyle was acquitted because it was self defense. Some can't accept that because they swallow the media lies. That's fine, but it doesn't change reality. He's a hero.
The self-defense portion was evident from the original indictment documents and was made even clearer by prosecutorial malfeasance. However I will never (and I realize I'm changing nobody's mind here) understand the hero-worship. He made several stupid decisions that night (yes, in my opinion) that placed him in a situation where he needed to use a gun for self-defense. To me he will always be a dip-*****

I can't fathom ANYONE wanting their teenage son to go into a situation like that, armed or not.

And I don't want him attending my school.
techno-ag
AG
torrid said:

techno-ag said:

The self-defense portion was evident from the original indictment documents and was made even clearer by proprietorial malfeasance. However I will never (and I realize I'm changing nobody's mind here) understand the hero-worship. He made several stupid decisions that night (yes, in my opinion) that placed him in a situation where he needed to use a gun for self-defense. To me he will always be a dip-*****

I can't fathom ANYONE wanting their teenage son to go into a situation like that, armed or not.

And I don't want him attending my school.
He was wronged and had the world against him. By the grace of God, he was acquitted. It's worth celebrating when something goes right for a change.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
BluHorseShu
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

BluHorseShu said:

Teslag said:

LCE said:

Chris Kyle is a hero. This kid is a dumbass.

Chris killed terrorist in a pointless foreign war. Rittenhouse killed terrorists in our backyard destroying American businesses.

Point Kyle Rittenhouse
Putting Rittenhouse on par or above C Kyle (and 11 posters starring)is how I know f16 has finally gone off the rails.

Since you set the standard for Patriotism, please tell us your bar. Would an upholsterer meet your standard? How about a silversmith? An author/poet? Or how about a slave owning farmer?

Apparently by your standards unless you achieve the position of military sniper credited with the longest kill, you don't measure up. That narrow sighted bar would leave out the likes of Betsy Ross, Paul Revere, Francis Scott Key, and Washington himself.
Well, all of those people you named are patriots and KR is not on par with them in my opinion. We're you under the impression that opinions needs some objectivity that everyone agrees one? Chris Kyle absolutely did more for our country than this kid. But more importantly, who would win in a fight..CK or KR (barenuckles…not prison rules)
TRADUCTOR
The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Only the negative tweet about no formal acceptance went national in news. Do not think fame is on his menu.

Only ones seeking fame are the ones trying to cancel Kyle.
His announcement about going to A&M went viral first which prompted the statement from A&M. He announced it on a podcast, and it wasn't his first appearance. I'd say he is definitely looking for fame.

Honestly, he probably should seek fame as a practical matter at this point. Regardless of whether one agrees with it, his future options are likely limited now. The comments online show how many people are willing to back him though, so he could turn that into additional guest appearances on podcasts, at events, etc.

Post the statement dog.
The Dog Lord
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Only the negative tweet about no formal acceptance went national in news. Do not think fame is on his menu.

His announcement about going to A&M went viral first which prompted the statement from A&M. He announced it on a podcast, and it wasn't his first appearance. I'd say he is definitely looking for fame.

Honestly, he probably should seek fame as a practical matter at this point. Regardless of whether one agrees with it, his future options are likely limited now. The comments online show how many people are willing to back him though, so he could turn that into additional guest appearances on podcasts, at events, etc.

Post the statement dog.

Are you referring to the very first post that started this entire thread where he said "I'm going to be going there"…?
TRADUCTOR
The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Post the statement dog.

Are you referring to the very first post that started this entire thread where he said "I'm going to be going there"…?

Liar, you know, there was no statement from A&M.
Faustus
The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

He has an online GED equivalent after dropping out of high school before the eve that made him famous, and some non-degree online classes he paid for at ASU. He should absolutely continue to milk his celebrity for all its worth.

Saying he's going to A&M is part of that gig. Ideally he has an Uncle Nate type on payroll who can take the Blinn classes online for him while he extends the 15 minutes.
techno-ag
AG
Faustus said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

He has an online GED equivalent after dropping out of high school before the eve that made him famous, and some non-degree online classes he paid for at ASU. He should absolutely continue to milk his celebrity for all its worth.

Saying he's going to A&M is part of that gig. Ideally he has an Uncle Nate type on payroll who can take the Blinn classes online for him while he extends the 15 minutes.
Online classes these days use proctoring software that monitors test takers throughout the exam. It's a different world. Not impossible to cheat but not easy, either.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
redcrayon
AG
Faustus said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

What is an online GED equivalent?
torrid
AG
redcrayon said:

Faustus said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

What is an online GED equivalent?
Not enough for admission into A&M.
chickencoupe16
AG
techno-ag said:

Faustus said:

The Dog Lord said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Online classes these days use proctoring software that monitors test takers throughout the exam. It's a different world. Not impossible to cheat but not easy, either.

If the professor cares, then cheating is hard. Most don't. The hardest proctor situation I've ever heard of was students had to sit with their back to a mirror while a proctor watched them via webcam. That was for some certification test. There's no way a Blinn prof is gonna require anything like that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.