Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

40,633 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
2004FIGHTINTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marcus Brutus said:

Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

You are arguing with a guy who said he would let his house get robbed while he sat there and did nothing.
Get new stuff from the insurance company. You aren't legally required to stop the burglars if you think your life is at risk. Get new locks and cameras outside. Zero point in getting into a firefight in my home when it is almost assuredly a one off experience that will never happen again.

Someone should put a sign up pointing to your house that says "Gun free zone . Free stuff for the taking. "

Don't worry, he has insurance…lol. Im sure he will have zero emotion over his stuff being taken right in front of him. Insurance will cover it.
Ribbed Paultz
BMX Bandit said:

KnuckleSandwich said:

Y'all are getting way off track. You're supposed to be arguing about whether or not this kid should join our school or not.

No one has presented a reason he shouldn't. Not much to argue
As stated, he would be a blight on the University. He clearly does not know how to make good decisions.

No matter, he doesn't seem very intelligent so he shouldn't be able to get it anyway
backintexas2013
AG
Those are your opinions. You still haven't given a valid reason other than "muh feelings".
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Ribbed Paultz said:

BMX Bandit said:

KnuckleSandwich said:

Y'all are getting way off track. You're supposed to be arguing about whether or not this kid should join our school or not.

As stated, he would be a blight on the University. He clearly does not know how to make good decisions.

No matter, he doesn't seem very intelligent so he shouldn't be able to get it anyway

Plenty can and do argue that he made a good decision. He was proven innocent.
TRADUCTOR
The Warriors, Snake Plisken, now waiting for the Kyle movie. Perfect ending becoming a Good Ag.
Nitro Power
AG
Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

Wrong. Using a gun to protect property should be allowed. I know you would let someone steal from you but not me.
I never said it shouldnt be allowed. I am saying it is pointless and stupid unless there is a life threatened. It is one of the main reasons you hold and pay for insurance.

So you don't think someone that is brave/stupid enough to break into your house, might not also be stupid enough to hurt you? If you come into my house uninvited, I consider it an act of aggression, and as such will defend my property and my family. I have no idea what an intruder would be capable of and not interested in waiting around to find out. If someone breaks into my house, they have a very real chance of facing deadly consequences.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

How do you know? He kept a cool head through 3 minutes of chaos around him, after being struck in the head a few times, once with a jumpkick while he was on the ground and then by a skateboard being wielded as a weapon. The third shooting incident only occurred when Grosskreutz aimed a loaded gun at his head, according to Grosskreutz's testimony at trial. Even then Kyle shot his arm, not center mass.

And the whole time, Kyle was looking for the police to turn himself in after he shot Rosenbaum, the mental patient who had just been released from the psych ward that morning and who had a domestic restraining order against him.
FIDO*98*
AG
Ribbed Paultz said:

BMX Bandit said:

KnuckleSandwich said:

Your post + no Ag Tag makes me pretty certain he's more intelligent than you
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Quote:

You aren't legally required to stop the burglars if you think your life is at risk.
Quote:

The only time you should ever consider using a gun, in my opinion, is when someone directly threatens your life or the life of your loved ones.
And, yet, somehow, the juxtaposition of these two posts by the same poster, are lost on that poster.

Massive L energy.
BMX Bandit
Blight: something that impairs or destroys

Rittenhouse attending will not impair or destroy the university. Even if you feel he should have been convicted, his attendance will have zero effect on A&M.

Try again.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Even if you feel he should have been convicted, his attendance will have zero effect on A&M.
Feel being the operative word since the poster obviously knows very little if anything about the facts of the case.
aggietony2010
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

You keep stating that but do not provide a reason. Why would it be bad?
Bad publicity. Texas A&M deserves to be a top 10 public school, just like University of Texas. The guy made a horribly stupid decision and should not have gone to the race riots with a rifle. Playing stupid games to win stupid prizes.

The pedophile, the abuser, and the antifa thug were the ones that won stupid prizes that night.
MaroonStain
AG
Was the prosecution's case even close to a win?

Rittenhouse was in jail for a time and probably high anxiety but I didn't see any compelling points that prosecution was close to a convinction.
BMX Bandit
"Bad publicity". Will last less than a day. Will have no effect on the school rankings.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My only protest is that I think we should be taking minimal out of state kids, but that's another debate
BCG Disciple
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I'd pitch in to present him one of these when he gets in

is that maroon? Want.
aggiehawg
AG
MaroonStain said:

Was the prosecution's case even close to a win?

Rittenhouse was in jail for a time and probably high anxiety but I didn't see any compelling points that prosecution was close to a convinction.
On the law, the prosecution was not close to a win, maybe on the gun charge but even that was iffy as the statute they used specified 16 year olds and Kyle was 17 at the time.

But that is not to say the prosecutors, Binger and Krauss, didn't try their damnedest to manufacture evidence, make automatic mistrial statements in front of the jury, flat out lie to the judge, introduce evidence that had been previously ruled inadmissible, etc.

Horrible overreach by the prosecution. In fact, Binger lost his next case after Rittenhouse because the jury simply didn't believe him. Unsure if he's even still in the prosecutor's office. He might have been fired. I do know that Judge Schroeder banned him from ever appearing in his courtroom again, though.
astros4545
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

Defending your own life is silly? Defending property is silly? Maybe go back to the Dems with those takes.
You should always defend your own life. Part of that process is making wise decisions. Kenosha has a professional, trained police force? Ever been there? I go there every year for the Renaissance Festival right next door. He made silly decisions and almost paid with ruining his life for it. He should go to a school in his home state and not bring his silliness to Texas A&M.

Renaissance Festival?

Now I'm getting a picture for you
JABQ04
AG
Not everyone who goes to Renaissance Festivals is a weirdo.

Signed,
Some one who goes to Renaissance festivals and is not a weirdo
Teslag
AG
LCE said:

Chris Kyle is a hero. This kid is a dumbass.

Chris killed terrorist in a pointless foreign war. Rittenhouse killed terrorists in our backyard destroying American businesses.

Point Kyle Rittenhouse
techno-ag
AG
Always fun to watch the libs get educated in threads like this.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bill Clinternet
AG
Teslag said:

LCE said:

Chris killed terrorist in a pointless foreign war. Rittenhouse killed terrorists in our backyard destroying American businesses.

Point Kyle Rittenhouse
He will do nothing but shame our great University. I truly hope he doesnt get in.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
FIDO*98*
AG
Neehau said:

He will do nothing but shame our great University. I truly hope he doesnt get in.

The people ashamed of Kyle are exactly the people we don't want being Aggies. I hope he repels liberals like a can of Off! at a camp out
Teslag
AG
Neehau said:

Teslag said:

LCE said:

Point Kyle Rittenhouse

It's patently obvious your views align with tu and not Aggieland. Kyle is a hero. A&M is home to heroes.
MaroonStain
AG
Thanks, Mrs. Hawg, for the response.
MaroonStain
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

My only protest is that I think we should be taking minimal out of state kids, but that's another debate

Bucky Richardson, many other athletes, many Bonfire peeps and this one, MaroonStain, appreciate your insight.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

You keep stating that but do not provide a reason. Why would it be bad?
Bad publicity. Texas A&M deserves to be a top 10 public school, just like University of Texas. The guy made a horribly stupid decision and should not have gone to the race riots with a rifle. Playing stupid games to win stupid prizes.

I couldn't have cared less that this guy is coming to A&M. But the fact that it rustles your skirt made me change my mind.
94chem
AgNav93 said:

damiond said:

not going to happen and he shouldnt. hes a national hero
To some of us. The boogey man to others.

Can I have the middle ground of average, mildly daft, teenager?
backintexas2013
AG
He can't give one reason he would shame our university. Guessing these premium posters would want him if he was a 5 star RB.
aggiejim70
AG
Question is. After seven pages of intense discussion, as anyone changed their mind on their opinion on the the young man's actions in question, if he should come to A&M or if he should join the Corps?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Teacher_Ag
AG
If a person of color was in the process of being lynched by the klan and shot some in self defense he or she would be welcome as a student. Kyle was in the process of being lynched by the left's equivalent of the klan and he shot in self defense (proven in court). Welcome to Aggielend, Kyle.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
Our acceptance standards are a joke. Politics aside he does not have the credentials to get in to A&M.
FIDO*98*
AG
Really? Tell us what you know about his grades, class rank, SAT, etc.

planoaggie123
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

Our acceptance standards are a joke. Politics aside he does not have the credentials to get in to A&M.

Do you have his high school transcript or standardized test scores to make this determination?
TexAgs91
AG
Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

He was asked to help protect property. He responded in the affirmative.

Why does that bother you?

Seems to me it wasn't a very smart decision. I truly hope he doesn't get into Texas A&M.
Seriously... What's wrong with protecting property and why do you have a problem with those that do?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.