Rolling blackouts in Texas

169,288 Views | 1588 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Whitetail
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SquanchyAg said:

Good news is, it is cold enough to put the beers outside since no power means no fridge.
Beer can freeze.

One time in the early 1970s, my younger brother and I grabbed a case of beer from the refrigerator in the shop, grabbed a beer for each of us, put the rest of the beer in the back of the pickup, and headed to town. About six miles from the house, we had each finished our first beer and so we stopped, got out, each grabbed a beer out of the back of the pickup, and opened them up to find out that they were already freezing.
Ted Lasso
AG
By taking more folks off the grid. Generation is not increasing
stone 1
Another example of how completely inept our government is. This happens often in summer during 100+ degree weather also. Is it too much to ask for the government to at least provide adequate power to their citizens? Hard to believe this can happen in 2021.
Deputy Travis Junior
This blows. At ~16 hours with no power.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Lights just flickered... Was that my 5 min warning?
aTmAg
AG
eric76 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Good news is, it is cold enough to put the beers outside since no power means no fridge.
Beer can freeze.

One time in the early 1970s, my younger brother and I grabbed a case of beer from the refrigerator in the shop, grabbed a beer for each of us, put the rest of the beer in the back of the pickup, and headed to town. About six miles from the house, we had each finished our first beer and so we stopped, got out, each grabbed a beer out of the back of the pickup, and opened them up to find out that they were already freezing.
What's this got to do with Trump?
annie88
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

This blows. At ~16 hours with no power.
I'm in the country in Bryan, and mine was out from 2 AM until about 12:30 this afternoon. Back on still thankfully but I have a weird feeling it's gonna go back out.

Thank God for my fireplace.

Hang in there!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
eric76
AG
aTmAg said:

eric76 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Beer can freeze.

What's this got to do with Trump?
What the hell? We're not petty. If he had been there, we'd have offered him a beer.
eric76
AG
stone97 said:

Another example of how completely inept our government is. This happens often in summer during 100+ degree weather also. Is it too much to ask for the government to at least provide adequate power to their citizens? Hard to believe this can happen in 2021.
Big government will solve all of your problems?
The Reverse Apache Master
AG
We use Coserve here in Mckinney, and we'll have power for 30 to 45 minutes followed by no power for 30 to 45 minutes. This has been going on since early this morning. Meanwhile, friends in an adjacent neighborhood who are also Coserve users have had continuous power all day.
sanangelo
AG
gonemaroon said:

Does anyone work for the press? This is beyond ridiculous this story needs to be told - people are likely to freeze to death over an error that didn't need to happen.
I work for the press. I have some state elected officials on text discussing, all Rs. They are calling this a disaster. GoneMaroon, call me (214) 893-6791.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
Cassius
AgNSX said:

We use Coserve here in Mckinney, and we'll have power for 30 to 45 minutes followed by no power for 30 to 45 minutes. This has been going on since early this morning. Meanwhile, friends in an adjacent neighborhood who are also Coserve users have had continuous power all day.

You should not have voted for Trump. They know.
akaggie05
AG
Live status that updates more frequently than the graph:

http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/html/real_time_system_conditions.html
redcrayon
AG
My elderly mother is alone and without power for 16 hours. I'm heartsick and many states away.
Cassius
redcrayon said:

My elderly mother is alone and without power for 16 hours. I'm heartsick and many states away.

Praying for your mom.
Kenneth_2003
AG
akaggie05 said:

Live status that updates more frequently than the graph:

http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/html/real_time_system_conditions.html
Didn't want to see that.... That's creepy close!

323MW at the last update 18:23
Kenneth_2003
AG
redcrayon said:

Where is she? Anything anyone on here can do?
JobSecurity
AG
I don't think that includes reserve. Reserve is here
http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/html/as_capacity_monitor.html
OldArmy71
AG
No power last three hours in NW San Antonio.
redcrayon
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

redcrayon said:

Where is she? Anything anyone on here can do?

That's very kind. She's in Katy but I don't think she'd accept help from a stranger. Our only relatives close by are iced in. I feel awful for not forcing her to leave yesterday. I never imagined she'd be without heat for so long.
azul_rain
When is this going to be over ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Ozzy Osbourne
According to the charts, capacity has only fallen. How is that possible? Tonight is going to be a disaster
newsjunkie
Where is she? I'm in B/CS
eric76
AG
redcrayon said:

I don't guess she lives in the Panhandle. If around here anywhere, I would be happy to check on her for you.

Never mind. I see that she lives in Katy.
Rapier108
Ozzy Osbourne said:

According to the charts, capacity has only fallen. How is that possible? Tonight is going to be a disaster
Sun went down, and wind isn't blowing as hard.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
XXXVII
Ozzy Osbourne said:

Wind speed dropping and sun is setting, so less help or no help from the last functioning renewables.
AgBQ-00
AG
Power came on for 30 minutes today. Other than that been out since basically 215 this morning. This Charlie Foxtrot is unacceptable. They are going to kill people with this negligence
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
redcrayon
AG
eric76 said:

redcrayon said:

I don't guess she lives in the Panhandle. If around here anywhere, I would be happy to check on her for you.

Thanks, Eric. She's not but that's very nice of you.

I'm calling her hourly. Just feel helpless. I know she won't freeze to death but it's so cold.
aggielostinETX
AG
redcrayon said:

Where is she?
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
redcrayon
AG
newsjunkie said:

Where is she? I'm in B/CS

She's in Katy but thank you!!
BrownDeerAggie
AG
Elderly parents are in the country near Normangee and power only comes on occasionally for 25 minutes. They are on a well and it can't recover pump pressure before power goes off again. This has caused water lines to freeze. I am 5 states away. They will be getting a generator from me as soon as I can set them up with one and have circuit work done.
Shanked Punt
No such luck bringing online our robust base generation capacity I take it, whether its wind or fossil fuel.

YouBet
AG
hedge said:

When is this going to be over ?

aggielostinETX
AG
Generac gonna make a killing in 2021.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Kenneth_2003
AG
They're already 6 months behind!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.