COVID exponential growth in full swing

115,491 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by texagbeliever
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aren't there studies out there saying smokers are at a lower risk?
Ag with kids
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I think you might have misunderstood me. I think those efforts should be local and on an as-needed basis. The only excuse for a one-size-fits-all was in the absence of information. Basically we assumed everyone in the US was possibly infected and acted that way. It's not the same situation as March 13, and if a nationwide lockdown ever made sense (I don't think it did, and I appreciated the Federal approach that we started with) it doesn't right now.
So we put bad data inputs into the model and received bad data outputs from the model...

Yeah...who woulda thunk that?
Zobel
AG
The "speed" at which you hit herd immunity matters. If you get there at a natural / unmitigated course, you achieve herd immunity at the peak number of infections. You get a lot of overshoot. If you slide into it, you don't.

Op ed by Carl Bergstrom about overshoot.
Zobel
AG
No, I don't think we ever actually assumed everyone was infected.
Zobel
AG

Quote:

So we put bad data inputs into the model and received bad data outputs from the model...

No, that doesn't follow from anything I said at all.
Big Al 1992
AG
So yes opening up the economy in certain sections (health care being the main one) should have been done weeks ago. Where are we in terms of social gatherings 10-50 people- ok to have crawfish boils? Small weddings? Small graduation parties? Or is that irresponsible and putting people at risk?
riverrataggie
AG
HossAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. Wake up. We will be LUCKY if it's only a few hundred thousand dead. LUCKY.

What happened to this guy? Got into it about math a couple times
dBoy99
AG
cone said:

no one is happy about this. everything about this sucks.

but you've been a denier since jump and you're not going to deflect on that. it's a horrible disease it's not the flu and you're wrong about how deadly it has been and will continue to be.

How do you define the flu if covid-19 is a horrible disease? I know a lot of people and I don't know anyone who has gotten covid-19. I hear stories about someone's grandpa who is 90 with only one lung and cancer getting it, but personally, I know no one.

Compare that to the flu. I know many people each flu season who get the flu and I would bet that half of them got the flu shot. So I'm just not feeling it. Granted NYC is ****ed, but I don't live in NYC. It's a dirty, overcrowded **** hole...

So put me firmly in the denier camp.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
riverrataggie
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

I'm living in reality. You're the one relating a 50 cent pump O-Ring to a pandemic that's effecting 144 countries.

Bumping this one. I like it.
Post removed:
by user
riverrataggie
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

riverrataggie said:

HossAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. Wake up. We will be LUCKY if it's only a few hundred thousand dead. LUCKY.

I thought he had eased up based on several recent posts but I guess the doom is back.

To be fair this was in March. Can't wait for two more months!
Ag with kids
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Quote:

No, that doesn't follow from anything I said at all.

I'm at the beach drinking right now but when I get home I'll point out how you're incorrect in this statement...
Zobel
AG
Don't bother. No sense in arguing about models. I'm over it. Enjoy your drink, I have to work.
Ag with kids
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Don't bother. No sense in arguing about models. I'm over it. Enjoy your drink, I have to work.

Well, if you didn't spend twelveteen hours a day on here telling all of us how we're wrong you'd be done with work and at the bar by now.

And yes I'm just messing with you...
swimmerbabe11
which bar is open!? Dont tell Lina!
IrishTxAggie
AG
He's in Padre
cone
AG
all the confirmed positives that have posted on here don't seem to have enjoyed the experience

and they've been pretty young
riverrataggie
AG
cone said:

all the confirmed positives that have posted on here don't seem to have enjoyed the experience

and they've been pretty young

Of the positive cases I know they said it wasn't as bad as the flu. What's your point? And two are over 55 and obese.
cone
AG
I guess my point is that Baller and Dolphin had a much tougher run than these people you know
policywonk98
AG
Interesting blog being started by an AI Medical Software company. Their tech is being used by enough hospitals around the world(but mostly U.S.) to be able to have data on 60,000 Covid patients.

This is post #1 in a series about the clinical and financial data of Covid that the hospitals face.

My understanding is the the AI enhanced data analytics allow hospitals not only to understand what is happening in real time but also anticipate what they will need next in terms of staff and supplies.

This is an Austin based company. It stands to reason that their hospital concentration is in Texas. I wonder if this technology is one reason Texas hospitals have seemed so well prepared. I have an insider contact. I will reach out and find out.

Preview of data: Nothing that hasn't been discussed already. The people dieing are either very old or very large and diabetic.

https://iodinesoftware.com/covid19impact/

So my question is, when companies like Iodine reach critical mass, how relevant will places like CDC and WHO be? CDC is guessing as some of this data. Companies like Iodine have mountains of data in real time.
Agsrback12
It's real to me damnit!!!!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

tysker said:

cone said:

well, it's not going to be easy to convince people to crowd into enclosed places during a droplet spread quasi-airborne pandemic

"It's your duty as an American to hit up Applebee's. Get out there and consume."
Who here is referring to it as a "duty?" Choice =/ Duty.
It seems to me most people here want options so they can make their own risk assessments. If anything, it should be 'duty' for some us to be purposefully infected so society can build up a herd immunity.
My doctor is about 80% sure I've already had it because of a convention I went to and quite a few Chinese nationals were there, with a dozen of them being my customers. I'm just too cheap to do the antibody test. Even if I haven't, I don't give a rat's ass if I get it. 32, nonsmoker, relatively healthy (minus the alcoholism), no high blood pressure, no diabeetus, no lung issues. I'm at the point that if I I could, I would pay to be infected just to be over with it and I could tell the Karens to take their mask gripes and go **** themselves...though I do that anyways
Handle -

Agsrback12
.08 or higher BAC level is better than anything a doc can get you. Thins the blood and kills the COVIDs.
Philip J Fry
AG
riverrataggie said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

riverrataggie said:

HossAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

I thought he had eased up based on several recent posts but I guess the doom is back.

We hit 70K deaths after a month and a half long lockdown and you think this is over?

We have many thousands of deaths left to go. All we've done is delay it.
nu awlins ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Lina can suck it. She's as bright as a burnt out bulb in a broom closet.
riverrataggie
AG
Philip J Fry said:

riverrataggie said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

riverrataggie said:

HossAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

We hit 70K deaths after a month and a half long lockdown and you think this is over?

You are right. The lockdown was worthless.
nu awlins ag
AG
Dude, there are 350 million people in the US. I think we'll be fine. Are you like this after 600,000 plus deaths a year to cancer?
Philip J Fry
AG
The lockdown was much more painful than the cure. No disagreement here.
Bubba smollett
This thread should be sticked to show the posters/doomers whom were soooo wrong.
Philip J Fry
AG
CFR and IFR are independent of infection rate. Unless a cure is found, this virus is going to get its pound of flesh. My hope is the delay has given us time to come up with treatments.
Ellis Wyatt
LaQuica said:

This thread should be sticked to show the posters/doomers whom were soooo wrong.
Need to put some of their pictures on milk cartons. Not that I miss them.
policywonk98
AG
Philip J Fry said:

riverrataggie said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

riverrataggie said:

HossAg said:

Philip J Fry said:

60% of the deaths and known cases are in 5 states and mostly centered around 3 MSAs. Even current growth of these datapoints is largely still concentrated to these three MSAs.

It's certainly not over, but I do think treating the entire U.S.with almost the exact same solution is over. As it should be.
Ag with kids
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

All but Farah's and the Pelican...
dBoy99
AG
cone said:

I guess my point is that Baller and Dolphin had a much tougher run than these people you know
I don't trust Baller as far as I could throw a bull elephant...

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
cone
AG
whoa

you're saying he's lying about his illness?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.