COVID exponential growth in full swing

110,920 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by texagbeliever
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's fine. She's self quarantining through all this as best she can. I'm more worried about what our country is about to go through. We have a tsunami coming and people are still on the beach.

Its called freedom.
Or utter stupidity, depending on your view on this matter.

Liberty is not stupid. I can respect your right to live your life as you choose. Try doing that.
That's quite the reach there my friend. But please keep flying the flag.

I will. Hopefully you'll find that nanny state comforting.
You are so angry for no reason. It's crazy.

No, I'm concerned, not angry.
FriendlyAg
Gordo14 said:

Social Distanced said:

There are more who have tested positive who won't die from this.

Sure. That doesnt mean that it supercedes what I just said. Basically you're choosing the least scientific and most optimistic outcome is correct. Which is just blissful ignorance, frankly.

You're a just a nanny of the facts employed by the nanny state!
BanderaAg956
Now that testing is being done it is not surprising we are seeing increases in cases.

Increases in cases and recovery of most could bring the mortality rate down significantly as well.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Tom Hagen
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Tom Hagen said:

Deaths are the only stat that matters, not the number of cases. I don't see deaths increasing exponentially.
You have to learn to look at it through the eyes of a fear monger.

What exactly does that mean? Deaths are growing exponentially.
In Italy, deaths went down (793 to 651).
We have seen this movie before. Government over-hypes a threat as an excuse to grab more of our freedoms. When the “threat” is over, however, they never give us our freedoms back...Ron Paul

Rattler12
Philip J Fry said:

Lester Freamon said:

Are you one of the dorks who plugged an exponential equation into Excel and showed us a spreadsheet with 500B infected by March 14?

I stop all my predictions once we hit 150 million. Growth rate at that point has to slowdown. But at that point, that's only 1.5 million dead.
Why does it HAVE to slow down at150M ? Why not 200M, 500M, 1B?. Could it not also slow down at 5M, 20M?
Sid Farkas
AG
Social Distanced said:

He doesn't seem angry to me.
Yeah. Not angry. But really really wrong

When this is over we will all likely know and love someone who either dies or is permanently damaged by the virus, even with extreme measures in place

However it could be even worse if we just relax and go back to normal life now.

I happen to believe government involvement will almost completely recede when the virus does. its easy to get frustrated when the people who disagree seem to have no appreciation for the complexity of the situation and simply go full throttle on the "evil gubmit" meme (it just sounds so dumb in this situation)

...I said it here before: anyone who ignores the government orders and their families should be denied a hospital bed and ventilator and be held criminally and civilly liable for anyone they make sick (directly or indirectly)
agsalaska
AG
Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's fine. She's self quarantining through all this as best she can. I'm more worried about what our country is about to go through. We have a tsunami coming and people are still on the beach.

Its called freedom.

Liberty is not stupid. I can respect your right to live your life as you choose. Try doing that.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Do you have anything to add other than your childish behavior? Please block me.
Sure, since you asked,

THe fear mongering is not coming from people that are listening to experts and are at least trying to understand what we are trying to do. The fear mongering is coming from people who see all of this as some front to individual liberties and freedom.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Philip J Fry
AG
We live in Italy? Who gives a **** about them?
Captain Pablo
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

When this is over we will all likely know and love someone who either dies or is permanently damaged by the virus, even with extreme measures in place

I happen to believe government involvement will almost completely recede when the virus does. its easy to get frustrated when the people who disagree seem to have no appreciation for the complexity of the situation and simply go full throttle on the "evil gubmit" meme (it just sounds so dumb in this situation)

...I said it here before: anyone who ignores the government orders and their families should be denied a hospital bed and ventilator and be held criminally and civilly liable for anyone they make sick (directly or indirectly)

You're a loon
Philip J Fry
AG
Rattler12 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Lester Freamon said:

Are you one of the dorks who plugged an exponential equation into Excel and showed us a spreadsheet with 500B infected by March 14?

I stop all my predictions once we hit 150 million. Growth rate at that point has to slowdown. But at that point, that's only 1.5 million dead.
Why does it HAVE to slow down at150M ? Why not 200M, 500M, 1B?. Could it not also slow down at 5M, 20M?

Because I have some ability to think critically. The more it spreads. The harder it is to infect as herd immunity starts coming into effect.
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

THe fear mongering is not coming from people that are listening to experts and are at least trying to understand what we are trying to do. The fear mongering is coming from people who see all of this as some front to individual liberties and freedom.

Nope. Fear mongering is coming from you and your ilk
Captain Pablo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Rattler12 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Lester Freamon said:

Because I have some ability to think critically. The more it spreads. The harder it is to infect as herd immunity starts coming into effect.

You don't know jack
Rattler12
Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

I already have 15, 20 maybe 30 people or more that I have known and loved and that have died from something. Life has gone on. Deaths are just as much a part of living as births are. Bad things happen to good people. This will pass and life will go on. I choose not to live in fear and panic mode. Does that make me really really wrong?
agsalaska
AG
Captain Pablo said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

Not sure who my 'ilk' is. But the only place I really see fear is on Forum16.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Captain Pablo
AG
I swear I have never seen so many spazmatic bleeders in one place

And you call yourselves Aggies
agsalaska
AG
Captain Pablo said:

This I agree with, even though I am guessing we are talking about two different groups of people.
Nitro Power
AG
I'm sure the lines at the grocery store and hoarding to toilet paper are not due to fear...
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
FriendlyAg
Rattler12 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

I already have 15, 20 maybe 30 people or more that I have known and loved and that have died from something. Life has gone on. Deaths are just as much a part of living as births are. Bad things happen to good people. This will pass and life will go on. I choose not to live in fear and panic mode. Does that make me really really wrong?

No one is disagreeing. The measures that are being taken are there to reduce death. Are you against reducing death?
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Captain Pablo said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

Not sure who my 'ilk' is. But the only place I really see fear is on Forum16.

Yeah we are justifiably concerned that hysterical people
Like you are ready to burn the country down
Captain Pablo
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Rattler12 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

No one is disagreeing. The measures that are being taken are there to reduce death. Are you against reducing death?

Lol

That's one hell of a Straw man
Funky Winkerbean
AG
agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

My concern is the destruction of our economy and people losing their jobs, thus preventing them from caring for themselves and others. It's people like you alarmists trying to frame me as not caring about the sick. I very much do. I just think if people are so scared of this disease, then be an adult and handle it yourself. Lock yourself down. If I chose to continue to live and work, I am also putting myself at jeopardy. You just focus on what I might do to someone else who has all the abilities to remove themselves from the risk as they see fit.

Here's the million dollar question..what is our standard going forward? Do we lock down for pneumonia? Why not? Diarrhea? why not? The common cold? why not. A generational monster has now been created because of a thin veil of false security put forth by politicians. Playing your game, why do you want people to lose their livelihoods?
FriendlyAg
Social Distanced said:

I'm sure the lines at the grocery store and hoarding to toilet paper are not due to fear...

You need a roll, little fella? I'll give you one.
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Captain Pablo said:

This I agree with, even though I am guessing we are talking about two different groups of people.

Yeah, I'm talking about the real bleeders
agsalaska
AG
Captain Pablo said:

agsalaska said:

Captain Pablo said:

So am I.
Captain Pablo
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Social Distanced said:

You need a role, little fella? I'll give you one.

What, are you directing a play or something?

Learn to spell if you're gonna talk smack, junior
Zobel
AG
Everything we're doing was done during the 1918 H1N1 pandemic. It also wasn't done during 2009 H1N1. So I sincerely doubt we'll see this action for the common cold in the future.
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Captain Pablo said:

agsalaska said:

Captain Pablo said:

So am I.

Hey I'm not the one burning the country down

You and your Ilk are
FriendlyAg
Captain Pablo said:

FriendlyAg said:

Social Distanced said:

What, are directing a play or something?

Learn to spell of you're gonna talk smack, junior

Oh, ***** Learn to use punctuation and capitalization, old fart. You done, you bleeder?
Captain Pablo
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

FriendlyAg said:

Social Distanced said:

Oh, ***** Learn to use punctuation and capitalization, old fart. You done, you bleeder?

Eh, fat fingers, spaz

Not even close
Zobel
AG

Quote:

So much irony.
FriendlyAg
Captain Pablo said:

FriendlyAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

FriendlyAg said:

Social Distanced said:

Eh, fat fingers, spaz

Not even close

Congrats. I'm outside walking.
agsalaska
AG
Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

My concern is the destruction of our economy and people losing their jobs, thus preventing them from caring for themselves and others. It's people like you alarmists trying to frame me as not caring about the sick. I very much do. I just think if people are so scared of this disease, then be an adult and handle it yourself. Lock yourself down. If I chose to continue to live and work, I am also putting myself at jeopardy. You just focus on what I might do to someone else who has all the abilities to remove themselves from the risk as they see fit.

Here's the million dollar question..what is our standard going forward? Do we lock down for pneumonia? Why not? Diarrhea? why not? The common cold? why not. A generational monster has now been created because of a thin veil of false security put forth by politicians. Playing your game, why do you want people to lose their livelihoods?
First, I don't see how I am an alarmist. People screaming about liberties are the alarmists.

I am also very concerned about the economy and people losing their jobs. I am almost certainly going to lose mine. But I would not consider listening to CDC projections and acting on them as being alarmist. If those predictions are even remotely true the economy was going to be wrecked anyway. It's not like this was going to run it's course and not have a devastating effect on the economy. That is, again, if you are willing to believe people who know much more about this than you do.

Your million dollar question is not one that anyone really needs to answer. This is not the flu. It is not the common cold. It is not pneumonia(by itself) It is not Diarrhea. That paragraph itself is a perfect example of real fear mongering.
The_Fox
FriendlyAg said:

Rattler12 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

Possibly? What is the economic cost per life saved?
FriendlyAg
agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Sure, since you asked,

First, I don't see how I am an alarmist. People screaming about liberties are the alarmists.

I am also very concerned about the economy and people losing their jobs. I am almost certainly going to lose mine. But I would not consider listening to CDC projections and acting on them as being alarmist. If those predictions are even remotely true the economy was going to be wrecked anyway. It's not like this was going to run it's course and not have a devastating effect on the economy. That is, again, if you are willing to believe people who know much more about this than you do.

Your million dollar question is not one that anyone really needs to answer. This is not the flu. It is not the common cold. It is not pneumonia(by itself) It is not Diarrhea. That paragraph itself is a perfect example of real fear mongering.

Bravo.

agsalaska
AG
The_Fox said:

FriendlyAg said:

Rattler12 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Social Distanced said:

Possibly? What is the economic cost per life saved?
No way to answer that without also considering the economic cost of letting it all go.

But in the abstract I agree with you. Reducing death by itself is not an absolute indicator. That would be like saying we should ban driving because people die in cars.

Edit to say that I dont think that is what he meant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.