COVID exponential growth in full swing

115,429 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by texagbeliever
Pasquale Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm an engineer and this is why I hate engineers and technically minded people.
agsalaska
AG
Social Distanced said:

This is a blueprint for government to control the populace. As I said originally it might not be in a week, month or year, but it will happen over time. It will all stem from a grave overreaction to a pandemic.
Sure.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

FriendlyAg
Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's fine. She's self quarantining through all this as best she can. I'm more worried about what our country is about to go through. We have a tsunami coming and people are still on the beach.

Its called freedom.
Or utter stupidity, depending on your view on this matter.

Liberty is not stupid. I can respect your right to live your life as you choose. Try doing that.
At what point does your liberty infringe on my safety?
Nitro Power
AG
Wasn't aware you were that old. You should stay inside as your are more susceptible to virus infection
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Zobel
AG
Super funny, but does it change your opinion?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/how-fragmented-country-fights-pandemic/608284/
Nitro Power
AG
1918 <> 2020

I'm certain there are at least a few differences.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
FriendlyAg
Lester Freamon said:

Please stop being dramatic. I never said do nothing. I have been worried about this since the first or second week of January and feel that we are taking mostly appropriate measures and wish that the entire populace had taken it more seriously from the jump instead of relegating it to conspiracy status.

But acting like the global case numbers will increase by 40% in 12 hours or double TWICE by Wednesday is insanity.

Why is it insane? You are the one that seems overly emotional about this. I am not an engineer and can handle reason. 321k as of today according the WSJ, globally. 500k tomorrow isn't out of the question. 1 million by Wednesday is a continued increase in growth rate.

Hopefully it isn't true, but it is possible and isn't "insanity" as you say.
FriendlyAg
Social Distanced said:

1918 <> 2020

Wow... certain. Maybe that is just what you want to believe. Some of you guys have a serious case of confirmation bias.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's fine. She's self quarantining through all this as best she can. I'm more worried about what our country is about to go through. We have a tsunami coming and people are still on the beach.

Its called freedom.

Liberty is not stupid. I can respect your right to live your life as you choose. Try doing that.

How does my liberty make you unsafe? Am I infringing on your rights?
Nitro Power
AG
Nope. I am 100% certain there are differences in 1918 and 2020.
mazag08
AG
If we would merely wall off all the liberal states, the rest of us would survive at an astronomically high clip.. likely higher than 99.9%.
Philip J Fry
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Let's reason without numbers.

What firebreaks do we have to stop this? What slows it down?

You know. Variables and stuff.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

That's quite the reach there my friend. But please keep flying the flag.

I will. Hopefully you'll find that nanny state comforting.
FriendlyAg
Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

You are so angry for no reason. It's crazy.

Exsurge Domine
I wish the nanny state had shut down Mardi Gras before this **** happened to Louisiana
Nitro Power
AG
He doesn't seem angry to me.
FriendlyAg
Troutslime said:

FriendlyAg said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

How does my liberty make you unsafe? Am I infringing on your rights?

Second question isn't remotely what I said. That being said, to your first question, if you are carrying a deadly virus and choose to leave your house and spread it to others, at the very least you are negligent and at worst making a conscious decision to inflict harm on others. Just because you are healthy now doesn't mean you aren't part of the problem.

It's the reason we have laws. Flip the script on the scenario, you do not have the right do whatever you want if it brings harm on others. If you break those laws, you face consequences. These are things, as a society, view as necessary to protect the well being of most while also having freedom.
Gordo14
Social Distanced said:

1918 <> 2020

The difference is that spreading a virus across the country and the globe occurs faster in 2020 than 1918.
Captain Pablo
AG
Same hysterical bed wetters, different thread

FriendlyAg
Social Distanced said:

He doesn't seem angry to me.

Both of you guys are having a hard time adjusting to these changes. In a grown up way, you guys are throwing a fit.
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Zobel
AG
Ok, yes, lots of differences.

But local shutdowns, restrictions on certain businesses, public gatherings... all have precedent.
Nitro Power
AG
Nah I'm good.
Ellis Wyatt
Tom Hagen said:

Deaths are the only stat that matters, not the number of cases. I don't see deaths increasing exponentially.
You have to learn to look at it through the eyes of a fear monger.
Philip J Fry
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tom Hagen said:

Deaths are the only stat that matters, not the number of cases. I don't see deaths increasing exponentially.

What exactly does that mean? Deaths are growing exponentially.
Gordo14
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tom Hagen said:

Deaths, as shown earlier in the thread are on an exponential, and more importantly are a lagging indicator. It's a huge mistake to take the total number of deaths and divide by the total number of cases as deaths are probably ~5 days behind case count. It's really not that hard to understand. There are a number of people who have tested positive for this disease that will die, that haven't yet.
Nitro Power
AG
There are more who have tested positive who won't die from this.
Zobel
AG
And even more who haven't tested positive who have it and won't die from this.
Philip J Fry
AG
There are people who are infected, who haven't gotten ill yet, who will die.
Nitro Power
AG
And even more who have it or have had it and never got tested and won't die from this, but will die from something else.
Zobel
Threadbare
Philip J Fry said:

There are people who are infected, who haven't gotten ill yet, who will die.
Is there any disease with a non-negligible fatality rate for which I can't say this?
Gordo14
Social Distanced said:

There are more who have tested positive who won't die from this.

Sure. That doesnt mean that it supercedes what I just said. Basically you're choosing the least scientific and most optimistic outcome is correct. Which is just blissful ignorance, frankly.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

agsalaska said:

Troutslime said:

Philip J Fry said:

Its called freedom.

LOL. That's hilarious.

Do you have anything to add other than your childish behavior? Please block me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.