COVID exponential growth in full swing

110,913 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by texagbeliever
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallerStaf2003 said:

BigRobSA said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

So I'm currently at a hospital in LA covering a surgery and the surgeon just shared an email to The hospital's employees with some pretty dire news. It shares a staggering statistic about the state of affairs in Los Angeles.

We are currently at 99% IcU capacity citywide with over 10K cases a day (14K yesterday, 22K the day before)

Of those, 12% are going to need a hospital bed.

Of those, 12% will go to the icu.

That means an addition of 200 people will be needing ICU beds daily. There is nowhere to put them and they are beginning to plan to make OR rooms and other areas with space makeshift ICUs but they don't have enough equipment.

In short, the message is that things are about to get a lot more serious.

Why didn't LA mandate masks?!

Yeah it doesn't seem to have done much good but we will also never know what would have happened if there wasn't a mask mandate. How much worse would it have gotten?

But what does it matter to you, you think the virus is weak and have your head in the sand.

You're right on me being correct.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Cromagnum
AG
Had two kidney stone surgeries in last couple of weeks in Houston area and can confirm that Covid panic has made other treatments a pain in the ass. If you don't have a negative PCR test for Covid that is within 72 hours recent, many places will not admit you for anything else, no matter how serious.

Thankfully my urologist was a good patient advocate and told the hospital to shove that rule up their ass since I had been to the ER 2x already for that kidney stone and could take a fresh covid test when admitted there. He won the argument because all the covid cases depleted ER bed availability to do my procedure otherwise.
tysker
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

BigRobSA said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

So I'm currently at a hospital in LA covering a surgery and the surgeon just shared an email to The hospital's employees with some pretty dire news. It shares a staggering statistic about the state of affairs in Los Angeles.

We are currently at 99% IcU capacity citywide with over 10K cases a day (14K yesterday, 22K the day before)

That means an addition of 200 people will be needing ICU beds daily. There is nowhere to put them and they are beginning to plan to make OR rooms and other areas with space makeshift ICUs but they don't have enough equipment.

Yeah it doesn't seem to have done much good but we will also never know what would have happened if there wasn't a mask mandate. How much worse would it have gotten?

But what does it matter to you, you think the virus is weak and have your head in the sand.
So did we flatten the curve or not?
Seems like number of infections and deaths (basically the area under the curve) are the same, only the shape of the curve is different. Which we were saying back in March and April.
bmks270
AG
The problem with LA is that there are just too many people.

Florida and Texas may be the most similar states regarding covid trends, but neither has near the population density of greater LA. The population density in LA County is over twice that of Travis county.
BallerStaf2003
AG
tysker said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

BigRobSA said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

So did we flatten the curve or not?
Seems like number of infections and deaths (basically the area under the curve) are the same, only the shape of the curve is different. Which we were saying back in March and April.

I don't understand what you're saying here.
bmks270
AG
I suspect these sharp spikes correlate strongly with temperature. If temperature is making the virus more contagious, then the south and Southern California will have its peak soon.

Cassius
BigRobSA said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

BallerStaf2003
AG
bmks270 said:

Florida and Texas may be the most similar states regarding covid trends, but neither has near the population density of greater LA. The population density in LA County is over twice that of Travis county.

80% of hospital cases in LA are Hispanic. The cost of living is high, and one gets it and brings it back to their family, who often live packed on top of each other.

It's a really bad situation.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ca is interesting, and I talk to my friends there daily about it. They loved to mock TX back in July/August about being the worst. I ask them now how do they feel? CA is going to blow TX numbers out of the water.

It is true they had a better response (at the cost of the economy) in the summer. But now people are just fully fed up and saying **** it. They're seeing their first major surge and they can't cope. Im so famn happy I left.

Anyway, yesterday a judge in San Diego said they can keep their strip clubs open and restaurants. Most of my friends are in the craft beer biz, and they're arguing with their kitchen leases about opening. The county won't enforce, but the state says stay closed and the ABC runs their liquor licenses, not the county.

Meanwhile I tell them Houston is still open at 50% or whatever. CA has almost 5x the active cases as TX and new cases are running 2.5x higher. San Diego just hit ICU capacity yesterday. But its hard to compare numbers to TMC because I don't know if they're full on surge capacity.

Anyway, **** is about to get super nasty there.
bmks270
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

80% of hospital cases in LA are Hispanic. The cost of living is high, and one gets it and brings it back to their family, who often live packed on top of each other.

Well they live like 10 people to a 2 bedroom. So yeah they're spreading it among their families. And also many have other health risk factors and work in jobs facing the public. Many are out of work due to the business restrictions. Isnt LA like 50-60% Hispanic?
BallerStaf2003
AG
bmks270 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

Well they live like 10 people to a 2 bedroom. So yeah they're spreading it among their families. And also many have other health risk factors and work in jobs facing the public. Many are out of work due to the business restrictions. Isnt LA like 50-60% Hispanic?

I'm not sure off the top of my head but it's pretty high. It's just about to bubble over and being here now the stress levels are really high.

This hospital also has over 7,000 employees and 1300 doses of vaccine. They found out who is getting it and a lot of people are pissed. Some nurses and docs didn't get it while office staff did. Doesn't make sense.
Third Son
AG
This is all Biden's fault.
TTUArmy
Is it still too damned taboo to talk about adding 50+ year old therapeutics to the protocols and knock this stupid CHINA virus in the dirt?
dBoy99
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

If it sucks so bad here, have they ever considered going back to where they came from?

I'm sure there is plenty of room in Mexico...
fullback44
AG
dBoy99 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

If it sucks so bad here, have they ever considered going back to where they came from?

Yep.. I couldn't agree more .. if it sucks so much being here then the illegals should take their ass back to the hell hole they left ...
Stat Monitor Repairman
Never seen such breathless reporting from the national networks. Oh the drama!

They settin us up for a national lockdown after the first if the year. Tap the vein ... lock it in.
BigRobSA
BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

I'm not sure off the top of my head but it's pretty high. It's just about to bubble over and being here now the stress levels are really high.

This hospital also has over 7,000 employees and 1300 doses of vaccine. They found out who is getting it and a lot of people are pissed. Some nurses and docs didn't get it while office staff did. Doesn't make sense.

Have a CBD gummy and then realize, they're ~100% guaranteed to survive. No need to panic, no need to stress.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Maroon Dawn
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Never seen such breathless reporting from the national networks. Oh the drama!

They settin us up for a national lockdown after the first if the year. Tap the vein ... lock it in.

This

Biden is going to demand a national lockdown to finish off the economy and usher in communism for good
tizzizzailslf04
AG
Nitro Power said:

Saying hundreds of thousands are going to die in the US is sensationalism.
Well this aged beautifully.
End Of Message
AG
COVID is a politically expedient tool to control the masses.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
End Of Message
AG
tizzizzailslf04 said:

Nitro Power said:

Now do cancer, heart disease, diabetes, flu, automobile accidents, chocking deaths, or natural deaths
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Cassius
dBoy99 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

bmks270 said:

lol
Not Coach Jimbo
tizzizzailslf04 said:

Nitro Power said:

It exists, you can't put it back in the box.

What proof do you have that all this tyranny is helping?
cevans_40
AG
tizzizzailslf04 said:

Nitro Power said:

Only took 10 months but we finally got there.
texagbeliever
This is your friendly reminder.

Slow the spread = Prolong the period of time in which the virus makes its way through the population. It does not decrease the number of people who catch the virus. So we crushed our economy and freedoms to extend lives by maybe 3-6 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.